[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots would STILL be losers in Medieval Europe!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: dl137__95056_zoom.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dl137__95056_zoom.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
I always hear people say, "Alas, if I just lived in medieval times, I could rape a wench and make her my wife"

Or "Lol I'd just become a knight." or some other such horseshit.

Ask yourself, do you want to join the Marines? Do you want to go die in some pointless battle?

Of course not, so why is it you suddenly have balls of steel when it comes to this scenario?

Furthermore, you're likely not to be born handsome, or into a wealthy family. Which means you'll be a dumb peasant who can't articulate himself properly and blames Sir Chad for being born better than him.

And yeah, you might rape some hot tavern wench and make her your wife. But what happens when Lord Chad happens upon your farm and spies your wife?

He will kill thee and thy offspring and take thy wife for his own.

You'd be just as much of a loser back then, and in fact moreso because you lack access to education, you're more prone to disease, and more likely to be arbitrarily murdered.

"Nah dude I'd just turn into Billy Badass and kill everyone."

You would do no such thing naive.
>>
>tfw you'd just be a lazier Don Quixote
>>
>>35779974
It's the same whenever I hear robots saying how they wish they were born in any other time period other than the ones they live in.

Regardless of the time period we are in, we will ALWAYS be beta losers.
>>
>>35779974

same with all the autists who claim if only there was an apocalypse they would become a badass zombie slayer or the local warlord
>>
>>35780019
No, there's a difference. If I was born into a family of comparable social standing a few centuries ago, I'd be a good boy, go to school, get a decent job doing the census and wait for daddy to get me a qt virgin protestant wife via arranged marriage.

Townspeople didn't have feminists and shit.
>>
>>35780423
What kind of father would want you as a son in law?
And school was basically uni back then, filled with the Chaddest of Chads. You'd be bullied out of there in a minute.
>>
File: drinking_parrot.jpg (48KB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
drinking_parrot.jpg
48KB, 550x414px
I support OP.

All the reactionary fucks always going about how "Modernism" has ruined their lives, and they'd somehow be better if they'd lived in a more 'conservative' past. Of course, such claims are nothing but bullshit.\

It's nothing but childish projection, a mentality that "I've fucked up, but it can never ever be my fault, and other people must always be the source of my problems."

>>35780423
>Townspeople didn't have feminists and shit.

You do realize that if you read any source from the Medieval era, you have people complaining about their current time being "degenerate", right? Golden Ages are only so in retrospect, and people in that time saw themselves as living in an evil and Godless time.

Go ahead, read something like the Decameron or the Alexiad, and all you see is people bitching about how "people aren't godly anymore and they're evil and degenerate and selfish and society is falling apart."

You would always be unhappy, and you would always shift your blame to someone else.
>>
>>35780503
>You would always be unhappy, and you would always shift your blame to someone else.

I didn't say it'd be a utopia. I'd rather deal with their problems than my problems.
>>
File: 1488878838506s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488878838506s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>35779974
>do you want to join the Marines?
No, I'm not a bozo, I would join the us navy and apply for bud/s to become a navy seal instead of being a normal infantry soldier AKA not a knight, dummy.

>Do you want to go die in some pointless battle?
The origin of the fighting itself may stem from a pointless underlying reason, but you are not taking into account on why a single individual would choose to go to war, dummy.

this applies to me, but i theorize that this applies to many people - people go to fight for their own personal reasons this is obvious lol. usually it is for the benefits and the excitement you would get from combat but others may have more significant reasons for choosing this that doesn't boil down to "muh country, muh peebal, foh freeduhm,"

>Furthermore, you're likely not to be born handsome, or into a wealthy family. Which means you'll be a dumb peasant who can't articulate himself properly and blames Sir Chad for being born better than him.

you're right on this, you're right on about most of the medieval scenarios. who the fuck wants to be born around that time. if you're in the us and you have an able body and claim you would be a baddass knight or some shit, then join the military, most arent cuz most of us ARE beta cuck losers
>>
>>35780559
Pretty much the same problems. You're just a maladjusted faggot.
>>
Except i would just runaway to the wilds where i would live off the lands. I would rather die of disease or wolves than as sad loser
>>
>Them Feels You Get Winded Opening A Bag Of Cool Ranch Doritos
>>
You would probably be born into serfdom which means you're one step up from a slave basically lord chads personal bitch boy until you die when you're 30
>>
>Them feels you will never get to travel from village to village poisoning the water wells
>>
>Peasants and even serfs in medieval Europe got at least 6 months a year off to relax and drink beer (time it takes crops to grow and seasons when crops do not grow)
>Every peasant man would have a marriage arranged for him ensuring a wife and children

Those are probably the only good things going for the period, everything else is misery.
>>
>>35779974
Some robots here are actually marines what's your point
You think we're all lazy slobs who look like retards when we speak?
>>
>>35779974
No, I would be perfectly content being a peasant
>>
File: 1458732205880.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458732205880.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>35779974
>Do you want to go die in some pointless battle?
it's my life goal
>>
>>35780652
Then why don't you do that now you giant fucking pussy
>>
>>35779974
You've been making these angry shit threads all day. The users on this board may be too stupid to see it but I can. Ps you're still a fucking shitskin. Saged
>>
793-1066 would be the best time desu
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.