[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the 1900s to the present been the strangest times to be

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: questions.jpg (33KB, 428x281px) Image search: [Google]
questions.jpg
33KB, 428x281px
Have the 1900s to the present been the strangest times to be alive in human history?
>>
>>35777294
Yes. It's been unlike anything that's come before.
>>
>>35778026
Will there be more interesting times in the future?
>>
>>35778315

As we go further away from what human bodies and minds are meant to be used for it's only going to get stranger. Think about how vastly different the human experience is now compared to what was normal for hundreds of thousands of years. It's weird we cope so well.
>>
>>35778315
No, I find it unnerving that I'm alive now when all of this is happening. If humanity existed forever (or at least a very long time) why am I living now and not in some other time far in the future?
>>
File: 1470864727693.jpg (54KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
1470864727693.jpg
54KB, 350x383px
>>35778361
>If humanity existed forever (or at least a very long time) why am I living now and not in some other time far in the future?

divine fiat, brutal chance, or something else that is ineffable or outside of comprehension (or something else that i didn't think of in 15s)

i am bitterly sad that i will not be likely to participate in off-world expansion of our species. i fear i'll be lucky to even see it begin when i'm going gray.
>>
File: 1475472439867.png (526KB, 1020x692px) Image search: [Google]
1475472439867.png
526KB, 1020x692px
>>35778412
woops thats the wrong thing i was trying to post
>>
>>35778412
>divine fiat
kek

>brutal chance
kek, although more possible, and it is valid, I suppose, to question why I am a human and not an ant or a stick insect, or at least not some other sentient being in the universe
>>
I find the first half of the last century perfectly, beautifully insane.
It was a magnificent time that we can barely comprehend today. I fear we will never see its like again, it was a truly free time.
>>
>>35778528
Yeah, it looks nearly perfect. I only got to experience the last decade and a few years of that, though, so I'm not an expert on that.
>>
>>35777294

No, it's just that you lack historical perspective
>>
>>35778361
This is the only time that you ever could have lived. It's not like your soul was standing in front of a roulette wheel with eveyr human that was or will be born on it and you were chosen at random. Your parents made you here and now, and you're the only you you ever could have been.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.