[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you kill yourself?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

While studying for my psychiatry test, i've read that a small part of depressed people actually decide to attempt suicide.
For me, it's really only because i'm a pussy and i am afraid of physical pain, or to fail and end up with brain damage.
If i ever put my hands on some dank drug like barbiturates once i'm a doctor, i'm pretty sure i'd kill myself without remorse.

So, what are other reasons people decide not to commit suicide?
>>
>>35777250
Because as soon as I kill myself the followings will happen:
>AI
>genetic engineering in vivo (meaning you can alter your DNA)
>aliens contact us
>we can travel to other galaxies in wormholes
>it turns out our universe is just a simulation running on some alien autist's supercomputer
>etc.
>>
The reason I didn't kill myself yet is because I am stupid enough to think that my life will change in better later.
If I am going to be dead for an eternity why not wait a few decades more to see if they are actually good?
>>
>>35777250
I am though, in a few days

Only thing I'm worried about is if it fails, but I can't imagine it will
>>
Because it takes effort and determination
>>
>>35777250
My parents love me and would be devestated
>>
>>35778586
Can you write me into your will
>>35777250
Two reasons :
1) life is decent right now, nothing major pressing me to act on latent depression.
2) waiting and hoping for VR like in book 3 of the Pendragon series
>>
>>35778586
>I can't imagine it will
Good, I don't understand how a suicide can go wrong resulting in surviving.
>>
>>35777250
Because I'm not the best MTG player yet.
>>
>>35777250
My mom would be so fucking sad.
There are other people that would care, but my mom would be the most affected.
>>
>>35778635
Yeah sure, just don't go through my computer
>>
>>35778711
Jokes on you, I'm going to go through your computer at your funeral.
>>
>>35777712
So it's because life isn't painful to you. Most of my life i've felt empty, tired; i've been thinking "wow if i die i shouldn't be working so hard".
Then there are times, like now, that i feel kind of a pain inside, and i just want to stop it.
But still, too afraid to make the final step because of the pain.
>>35777712
What method did you think? i think that the painless way is through specific (and thus hard to find) drugs, or CO inhalation, but these have an actual chance of failing and leaving you with severe brain damage.
Maybe hanging is a good compromise between lethality and pain.

Even gunshots in the head can surprisingly leaving you alive.
>>35778691
Then you still have someone who actually care for you, and you still have feelings in your life, you're not hopeless like me right now.
Not saying it's someone else fault, quite on the contrary, it's mainly my fault if i ended up hating life, but that's how it is now.
>>
>>35778711
I would never, that would be just rude
>>
>>35778757
I wouldn't say I have that many feelings to be honest. But anyway, do you really have no one that cares about you?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482622650003.jpg (18KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482622650003.jpg
18KB, 506x285px
>>35778919
I'm not actually sure; of course i have a mother, she's going to be sad, but i don't care anymore, the effort i have to do to stay alive is way not worth it.
I have a girlfriend, but she recently told me she doesn't love me anymore, we've been together for 5 years, and in few months she's going to study abroad; this surely gave a major blow to my depression, but i've never been truly happy (i can remember few days out of thousands).
>>
I think I hate everything but life, if not, I would kill myself, but in reality it's because I can't and I don't want to adapt myself to the society( so I'm not allowed to live in the future, I'm only a 17 dumb teen ).
>>
>>35779125
i've been thinking about suicide since i was 16, now i'm 26 (i've never been an outcast though).
>>
>>35779014
Man, that sucks. I'm also not a happy fella, but I'd say I'm less miserable than you.
I really don't want to harm my mom, she'd be so fucked up if I killed myself.
Anyway, hope you start doing better. Have you tried seeing a psychologist?
>>
>successfully make it through the severely grueling and expensive process of becoming a doctor
>immediately kill yourself
Yfw you wasted more than a quarter million dollars and more than a third of your life
>>
>>35779160
And the reasons were ?
>>
>>35777250
>other reasons people decide not to commit suicide

just evolution man, every person in history who has committed suicide before procreating has not passed on their genes so we just have a natural disposition against it since literally none of our ancestors committed suicide before producing an heir.

my life is total shit but even I haven't committed suicide yet, it's just that I have a natural predisposition against it because of evolution, no other reason. It's not like I'm enjoying my lfie at all, it's just pure suffering, yet I still can't bring myself to end it.
>>
I have kids, and I'm afraid to kill myself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.