[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is suicide rate at an all time high in the world?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

File: download (7).png (43KB, 952x428px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).png
43KB, 952x428px
Why is suicide rate at an all time high in the world?
>>
>>35774026
cos shit's bad.
>>
>>35774026
PC bullshit
>>
File: C32CfBKUYAAVqlB.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
C32CfBKUYAAVqlB.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
>>35774026
Let me see, women are completely mentally fucking ill from all the feminazi shit and makes mens lives hell.

Perfect mix of why the fuck do you even try.

If my family didnt depend on me you could add me to that list.
>>
>>35774045
Also why are you killing yourself white men?
>>
File: homicide_51yr.JPG?itok=-_z6lBiI.jpg (52KB, 693x523px) Image search: [Google]
homicide_51yr.JPG?itok=-_z6lBiI.jpg
52KB, 693x523px
>You are more likely to kill yourself than to be killed by someone else
Really makes you hmm
>>
>>35774026
why keep playing when loss is already forgone conclusion?

prove something to the world? like what? and for spite or some noble delusion?
in the end, there is one winner alone - death - a force greater than god
>>
Because the technologies and cultures of today have released the everyday man from toil and strife, taking his purpose away.

Also the degradation of the family and the rise of the individual.
>>
File: suicidethink.png (129KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
suicidethink.png
129KB, 2000x2000px
>>35774026

Pessimistic philosophy is entering the public space. More and more people are becoming exposed to the works of cynics. Humans are also growing in perspective but lacking in ways to deal with such perspective. For example, we are quickly exposed to linear, unitary methods of evaluation such as SATs, IQ tests, ASVABS, which give us a way to measure our worth. This can lead to depressing realizations about our own value as people.

More over, we are becoming less socialized and more inwardly focused. Friendships and community are less central. We are more competitive. We possess fewer coping mechanisms and as a result turn to escapism. The usual societal backdrop of marriage and security is done away with, replaced with a dating market which emphasizes competition. Men are no longer guaranteed a wife and children and lose motivation as a result.

There are many, many reasons why suicide is up. But these are just a few.
>>
>>35774135
White men need to stop killing themselves.
>>
>>35774184
>White men need to stop killing themselves.
Give them a reason to live.
A family is a great one but why take the risk in the modern age when a woman can have an ulterior motive. And with so many young men seeing what has happened to their fathers and seeing/experiencing the abuse from women they don't have a reason to try. Why risk a woman running to the police after sex or taking the kids away years later? That's emotional pain that's best avoided.
>>
>>35774184
Why? I can't get lose my virginity as women don't want me, can't get a job because I can't compete so I need to utilize other means to survive and then society demonizes me for it which takes it toll mentally.

I can't win.
>>
Its not surprising given this.
>>
>>35774305
You could hire a prostitute easily
>>
>>35774075
>trust nobody not even yourself
he was right
>>
>>35774365
Surely reported suicide rates are adjusted for population. Someone smart?
>>
>>35774026
Doesn't "white" include mediterrean arabs, people from the middleeast and india?
>>
>>35774064
Nice job trying to blame your problems on other people
If you actually went outside, you'd notice that most females aren't feminists and don't care about feminism at all

But just keep telling yourself that it's other people that cause your problems, I'm sure that is safer for your fragile ego
>>
Technology rapidly changing global culture. Globalization generally along with neoliberalism.
>>
>>35774365
I agree. But population growth is awful in and of itself. Everyone's pointing at china and other overpopulated hellholes like they're an exception, but if people continue reproducing (or letting breeders into their country) then they'll face the same quality of life very, very soon
>>
White people are more priviliged than other races in the US

For example: A black/asian guy would be too busy with trying to improve his life and situation, while white people have it all from birth

So its pretty much having it all that you would feel your life is already at its top so theres no reason to keep on living.

We should stop giving priviliges to white people especially men, suicide rate will drop dramatically if we do that.
>>
>>35774247
>A family is a great one but why take the risk in the modern age when a woman can have an ulterior motive.
Turn this around for a fucking minute tho
>Why take the risk in having a family when the men can have an ulterior motive?

Maybe women developed these so-called "ulterior motives" as a response to and in defense of the centuries of abuse, control, and dehumanization at the hands of men.

Men get what's coming to them.
>>
Because of your antiutopia toxic western culture, when everyone pretends to be as friendly as possible but will only do aomethong good to you if it is profitablr for him.
>>
>>35774556
>>35774514
roastiest posts i've seen a while
>>
File: 1456924246945.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1456924246945.png
317KB, 796x712px
>>35774026
I often wonder when I'm going to kill myself, I'll probably end up adding to that white suicide statistic.
>>
>>35774514
They have a new 9/10 chad every day, because femenism told them that it is a good think, and non-chad guts will almost never find a decent girl nowadays.
>>
>>35774556

Grow a fucking braing. Your miserable "revenge" is a few decades too late. Now you're just kicking the shit out of weak betas (inb4 uprising) and completely submitting to the strongest, angriest chad you find.
>>
>>35774597
Where are you that you see this in real life?
Are you documenting it? How can you be inside the lives of all the women on earth, or any women at all, when you don't even go outside or talk to them?

Are you basing all this information off of a handful of instagram whores and tumblrinas?

The fact is that you took a meme from /r9k/ too seriously and let it poison you and define your worldview. You use this "reasoning" to excuse yourself for being a lonely failure. You are to blame for your faults, not women, not conventionally attractive men, not social norms. You and you alone.
>>
>>35774641

Go ahead, name my faults. You'll stutter after "you're ugly".
>>
>>35774641
I smell reddit. The argument "you cant be sure in everyone on Earth so your point is invalid" is wrong and I leave it you as an exercise to find out why.
Another reddit bullshit is to blame me for my bad genes.
>>
File: aG1yX2X_700b.jpg (42KB, 671x671px) Image search: [Google]
aG1yX2X_700b.jpg
42KB, 671x671px
>>35774026
people don't have real problems anymore so they invent problems they can't solve in their heads
>>
>>35774641
>Are you documenting it? How can you be inside the lives of all the women on earth, or any women at all, when you don't even go outside or talk to them?

There has to be a name for this fallacy. The idea that you have to have personal experience with something to have knowledge of it. I can read a book on astronomy and gain knowledge of the temperature of the sun's surface. I don't have to physically go there to learn about it.
>>
>>35774641
We just need to look at the female biology to see it's the truth for most cases.
>>
>>35774641
I don't know you well enough, but for one, the fact that you refuse to take responsibility for your lot in life points to the fact that you are probably very immature. Everyone is dealt a different hand. Many people who are given shit cards still end up winning in the end. You could better yourself, but here you sit on a Chechen pendant-polishing forum complaining that women are to blame for your life being shit.

If I had to take a wild shot in the dark, I'd say
>out of shape
>no ambition
>untreated mental illness
>eats like shit/picky eater
>childish hobbies
>puts instant gratification above long-term improvement
>not educated
>bad job or no job
>poor social skills
And of course, immature as I stated before.

Not all of these will apply to you, but I know I hit at least a few right on the head.
>>
>>35774759

>childish hobbies

I pity you if you deny yourself fun because of "maturity". What hobbies are "childish" in your opinion, poor thing?
>>
>>35774746
Where are you getting your information on social normality in the present age, then? What books are you reading?

Or is it just 4chan?

>>35774750
Go on, I'll let you try to explain that one without sounding like an idiot.

>>35774719
Your "bad genes" have kept you from achieving success?
Bill Gates was never attractive, Mark Zuckerberg isn't attractive, Steven Hawking is downright disabled and yet these men have great success.

Or is your only measure of success to have a woman who is perfect while you yourself are not? Because those are child's dreams, and you will never get anywhere in life trying to achieve the impossible.

Grow up and set some realistic goals.
>>
>>35774026
Because we are realising more and more often that the world is against us.
>>
>>35774796
> list smart jews who got successful because they are smart and we all know jews are geetically more smart
> pretending that we want a perfect women, not any non-scary women
>>
>>35774759
>eats like shit/picky eater

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I cook my own food, why do you give a shit?
>>
>>35774792
I don't deny myself fun because of "maturity." I no longer play with dolls or toys because I no longer find them interesting. To me, fun is puzzles, reading books, cooking, and crafts. You don't have to have the same hobbies, but if you
>play with or collect toys
>watch TV/anime as your main or only hobby
>listen to the same music you did when you were 13
then your hobbies are immature.
I could include video games, because it's a pointless waste of time, but I play video games myself to deal with stress sometimes, so I won't.

If your hobbies don't include creating, competing, or learning, in some aspect, then they are childish.
>>
>>35774848
>but I play video games myself to deal with stress sometimes, so I won't
Epic bait.
>>
File: comeonman....png (41KB, 277x280px) Image search: [Google]
comeonman....png
41KB, 277x280px
>>35774533
your b8 is weak
>>
>>35774845
If you cook for yourself and you only cook tendies and mac and cheese, that's a fault.
If you aren't eating vegetables and fruit every single day, you are abusing your body and that's a fault.

No one is without faults, I was only listing some I think might have applied.

>>35774824
>genetics determine everything
>I was doomed to be no one before I was even born
Take your cop-out excuse and get nowhere in life, then, but don't blame your failure on other people when you refuse to even try.
Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking are both primarily English and Scottish.
>>
>>35774848
>I could include video games, because it's a pointless waste of time, but I play video games myself

so its not a childish or immature hobby only because you do it, i see
your bait lasted too long anyway
>>
>>35774848
>when your primary hobby is the strategic destruction of academia but everyone is actually too dumb to realize you are acting in the best competitive spirit that inspires real ingenuity to progress humanity

it's a tough life
>>
>>35774848

>listening to the same music as when you were 13

Sure, cut off all music you ever heard when you were 13, you mature, wise creature.

So you mean to say that consumptive hobbies are bad? And what about tabletops?

Why are you on 4chan, miss perfect? Why don't you go sit on mt. olympus and never post in r9k again?
>>
>>35774026
Because the population keeps increasing, you dense autist.
>>
>>35774759
thats all me.
>>35774845
for me its really bad, I hate going out to eat because I always order the same shit... fuck my taste buds.
>>
>>35774026
Because either there is an afterlife, in which case life is a drop next to an ocean of infinity thus pointless; or there isn't an afterlife, and there's no point to life either.

Either way, there's not much of a point. All the traditional reasons for staying alive are becoming moot as this self-awareness induced by global capitalism spreads. The moment you're dead it's not as if life goes on; everything ceases to exist without your subjective experience, so everything happens all at once or not at all, everyone dies with you

so basically people are just becoming more aware of how arbitrary traditional family roles are, passing on genes etc
>>
>>35774894
I do think it's childish. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I didn't think so.
I have one childish hobby and many other not childish hobbies.

>>35774902
I said the same, as in, not having sought out anything new, not having liked anything since then, not expanding your horizons.

I'm here because I've always been here and will always be here.

>>35774914
I caught you, you little shitburger.
>fuck my taste buds
You can learn to like new foods.

Let me give you an example: I used to hate mushrooms. I hated the texture, I hated the flavor. I wouldn't eat anything with mushrooms in it.

And I decided one day that I didn't like being so childish, so I started cooking mushrooms for myself in different ways. I found a few ways that I could stand because it covered the mushroom flavor. Over time I tried all the mushroom recipes I could.

Now I love them.

If you only wear the same shoes all the time, saying, "They're good shoes, they fit just fine," you'll never know if you might like another pair of shoes better.
>>
>>35774848

>listen to the same music you did when you were 13

Oh Christ, at least get out of school before you start lecturing people. Nobody older than sixteen cares about your musical taste, besides other overgrown kiddies.

Nobody who was born in the second half of the 20th century should be lecturing anyone on maturity anyway, the term has been abused, warped and redefined to such an extent that its worthless, except as yet another snooty, empty phrase for people on sites like this to sling at one another in a spiteful way.
>>
>>35774959
I'm well out of school. I'd wager that I'm older than you. I'm older than most people on this board.

Here's another example of how I know you are childish:
You think that having a hobby or interest is only useful if you can show it off to other people.

You can like music just to like music, you know, and you don't have to tell anyone about it, ever.
If you consider music a hobby, but you don't expand your range or look for new music and haven't in a decade, then it's childish.
>y-you can't say childish to me because I said it's a dumb word!
Okay, sure.
>>
>>35774075
>>35774447

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5iTNVEOAg

thread theme
>>
>>35774998
>childish
Nice ad homenim.

Please jump off of a tall building for me.
>>
>>35774998
knowing a few things really well is better than knowing a ton of things barely at all
>>
>>35774480
No I think they go in other. This is just for USA though. Worldwide asians still account for most suicides. But asian/whites are people we need in the world.
>>
File: gunchicken.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
gunchicken.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>>35774958
>You can learn to like new foods.
>Let me give you an example: I used to hate mushrooms. I hated the texture, I hated the flavor. I wouldn't eat anything with mushrooms in it.
what the fuck? so if u have a preference you are childish?

so if i eat cashews instead of almonds because i like cashews more, im childish? do i have to learn to love almonds to become an adult? fuck off your high horse you dumb twat

this b8 is getting old fast desu, but u got me to respond you fucking nig
gj
>>
>>35775030
Insulting someone isn't always ad hom, you fucking moron.
It's only an ad hom if I insult you as an argument, instead of actually refuting your point. But I did refute your point, and I also insulted you. This is not ad hom.

>>35775044
That isn't really any kind of response to what I've said. What are you talking about?
>>
>>35775066
No, you clearly can't read. I said if you are a picky eater, you are childish, aka, you dislike a lot of foods, you don't venture outside your comfort zone, etc.

You can like cashews more than almonds, that's fine. If you only eat chicken tenders and pancakes and nothing else, that's not fine.

I didn't say you have to learn to like everything, I was only saying that you can learn to like food if you want to, and this can help you to stop being a picky eater if you are one.

Good job getting buttblasted over an anecdote about mushrooms.
>>
File: pho.png (67KB, 936x866px) Image search: [Google]
pho.png
67KB, 936x866px
>>35774998
>If you consider music a hobby, but you don't expand your range or look for new music and haven't in a decade, then it's childish.
why do i have to expand my knowledge of a hobby to be considered not childish?
i do hobbies for self enjoyment, not because i learn stuff.

you may be old, but you are also senile
you are losing your knowledge and lack of ability to look from other perspectives
>>
>>35774998

I'm not him, and I don't think that.
You may well be older than most people on this board, doesn't change the fact that the only reason you care about music taste is because it was important when you were a teenager. Tell me I'm wrong.

I don't 'show off' my hobbies to other people. I don't talk about them here, either. The only reason people do that is to show off how worldly they are, that doesn't appeal to me at all.

You didn't say 'if you consider music a hobby', you said 'if your music taste is the same'. Which is a very adolescent thing to say, until you correct it retrospectively.

I said that you shouldn't be lecturing people on maturity. You shouldn't. You didn't grow up at a time when maturity mattered, you probably grew up at a time when it was being 'adjusted' to accommodate a lot of behaviour people would have called very immature only a few years previously.
Its not a meaningless word, but it has been gradually deprived of meaning, until its just an insult for older children to throw at younger children.
>>
File: Untitled.png (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>35775086
>But I did refute your point
What?
>>
File: birdydontknow.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
birdydontknow.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>35775107
>If you only eat chicken tenders and pancakes and nothing else, that's not fine.
Why?
I can understand malnutrition and all that, but lets say I had a diet that gave me all the nutritions I need but it was the same every day. Is that childish?
I have no health need to go out and try new foods and incorporate them into my diet and I am perfectly happy about the diet I have now. Is that still bad?
>>
>>35775109
Because it's childish to take comfort in familiar things without venturing out, like a kid with his blankie or his favorite stuffed animal.
Most adult people don't need crutches to support them.
It's easy to insult people and say, "You're losing your touch," but you haven't really provided any argument to prove that I'm wrong.

>>35775118
You are wrong, but again, I was never saying everyone has to have music as a hobby. Your reading comprehension suffers.
I was listing some immature hobbies as examples, e.g., saying music is your hobby, but never listening to music. A "foodie" who only ate cheeseburgers isn't a foodie at all.

You take my examples personally, which tells me that it applies to you and you're trying to defend yourself. It's cute, but this has nothing to do with music.

Maturity will always matter. It's true that maturity is not the same as it used to be, that fewer people make it a priority, but all of this originated with someone asking me to list some personality flaws and other faults.

I would wager that 90% or more of people you could ask would respond that immaturity is undesirable and a personality flaw. That was the whole point of this argument.
>>
>>35775215
>Most adult people don't need crutches to support them.

ha
>>
>>35774514
>Implying world issues don't impact people of certain demographics

How dense are you faggot? Are you completely blind to the feminist PC aids that white men have to sift through to get any enjoyment out of life? Every facet of life is safeguarded by SJWs, due to companies adopting those ideals to increase profits and advertising them everywhere possible, thus leading to the inflated PC cancer hellhole we call society.
>>
File: pikerpoo.png (103KB, 343x375px) Image search: [Google]
pikerpoo.png
103KB, 343x375px
>>35775215
>Because it's childish to take comfort in familiar things without venturing out, like a kid with his blankie or his favorite stuffed animal.
Why? Since I want to be familiar with something I am less adult? I really don't see why you think this.
>It's easy to insult people and say, "You're losing your touch," but you haven't really provided any argument to prove that I'm wrong.
You are right that I haven't proven you wrong, but you never really gave evidence to your claim. I can't really argue that your opinion is wrong, since opinions can never be wrong, just different. You are flaunting your opinion like it's the truth so you have to convince me for why it's the truth, not the other way around.
>>
>>35775136
>Nobody older than sixteen cares about your musical taste, besides other overgrown kiddies.
>
You can like music just to like music, you know, and you don't have to tell anyone about it, ever. If you consider music a hobby, but you don't expand your range or look for new music and haven't in a decade, then it's childish.
That was me refuting your point.

>>35775158
See >>35775215 about crutches and stuff.
I think if you have to use familiarity in order to feel safe or comfy, that is childish. Yes, lots of people do it. My great grandmother ate the exact same meal every single day for more than forty years of her life. (Breakfast: Plain yogurt and a banana. Lunch: Pork roast and Lay's potato chips. Dinner: Canned spinach and canned peaches.) That's childish, even if it was good for her. She wouldn't even eat at family meals like Christmas.

I think it will be unappealing to other people, which was the original point of me calling out flaws. The only reason to eat the same thing every day is if you fear variety or if routine is the only way you feel happy. The latter is actually closer to mental illness.

>>35775232
That's a compelling argument.
>>
>>35775215

>Because it's childish to take comfort in familiar things without venturing out, like a kid with his blankie or his favorite stuffed animal.

That isn't reasoned, you're just using charged language and an aesthetic that suits your line of argument. Watch;
its childish to go searching for new experiences just because they are new, like a child picking out new and exciting sweeties from the shop. Empty words.

> I was never saying everyone has to have music as a hobby. Your reading comprehension suffers.

You just have a needlessly obscure way of communicating simple ideas, so that it looks good in a greentext list with the predicate at the end.
Look at the format of your original post and tell me that the problem was my comprehension.

>You take my examples personally, which tells me that it applies to you and you're trying to defend yourself. It's cute, but this has nothing to do with music.

I'm a person, I use personal examples to elaborate, because they are most familiar to me.
You don't help yourself much by slipping in snooty little jibes like 'cute', doing the same trite thing as everyone else does here, which is to accuse someone of being defensive, or butthurt, or whatever, its all the same.

The fact that you are still talking about maturity, while assuming this patronising, juvenile tone and saying this or that is 'cute', we both know what that means, why not just call me 'sweetie', speaks volumes, you are illustrating my point for me.

You don't care about maturity or immaturity, you are just using this paradigm as more fodder for a schoolyard-tier bickering match to prove who is the loser.

That is the whole point of this argument. You don't know what immaturity is, and I'm sure each of those 90%-of-people would give you an increasingly different definition the more you asked them to explain it.
The word doesn't mean anything when you use it.
>>
>>35774514
>Most females aren't feminists
Ok maybe most of them aren't blue-haired landwhale freaks but a vast majority of women believe the patriarchy or some forms of male privilege exist. They therefore also believe that they're oppressed snowflakes who are entitled to shit. And almost ALL of them have embraced the sexual revolution meme, courtesy of feminism.
Tl;dr most women aren't hardcore outspoken feminists but almost all women hold feminist views and live their lives based off degenerate feminist viewpoints
>>
>>35775374

>You can like music just to like music, you know,
and you don't have to tell anyone about it, ever.

But did you? I'm not asking about what you 'could' do, anyone 'could' do anything. How did you actually become interested in music?
I'm not trying to make a fool out of you, so you can actually be honest if you want.

>If you consider music a hobby, but you don't expand your range or look for new music and haven't in a decade, then it's childish.

Why? There are many better words than childish to describe that. Stubborn, hidebound, unimaginative, etc.
The more you 'refute' the more it seems that immature is your idiosyncratic substitute for 'beta'.
>>
>>35775397
>That isn't reasoned, you're just using charged language and an aesthetic that suits your line of argument.
This didn't cross my mind while I was reading it, but this anon is right.
Saying a blanket really doesn't make your argument more valid like you want it to.
>>
>>35775345
Im Going out on a limb and assuming you're the youngest sibling
>>
File: spaghettirabbit.jpg (190KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
spaghettirabbit.jpg
190KB, 800x600px
>>35775442
To feed your ego, yes I am and you are right.
But how does that answer my questions?
>>
>>35775431
>How did you actually become interested in music?
My parents were both into music, I was raised listening to all kinds of things from orchestral classical music and 80s glam rock, courtesy of mom, to druggie prog rock and folk, courtesy of dad. I found myself through music when I was growing up. I've always liked it because it elicits an emotional response from me and I find it beautiful, and it's always changing so there's always something new to be explored, new genres and ideas.

I also grew up being classically trained on the piano and played several instruments in junior high and high school. It's very dear to me and one of the most expressive art forms, in my opinion.

I agree that there are other ways to describe not seeking new music, but among the other words I think it is also childish, and I'm defending my use of the word childish. I think being stubborn is childish.

>>35775430
>a vast majority of women believe the patriarchy or some forms of male privilege exist
Disregarding the fact that you're making this up:
If most women believe this to be true, what if they're right? Did you think of that? That women who avoid or condemn feminism are old-fashioned in a bad way? What's wrong with evolution of the social atmosphere?
You call them degenerate, but I think needing to have control over another person in order to be happy is degenerate. (And childish.)

>>35775397
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant/restrictive_food_intake_disorder

I look at the format of my original post and I'm telling you that the problem is your comprehension.

I care about maturity, but you are dragging this conversation so so so far from the actual original topic. The farther you drag it, the more I have to suspect you just don't want to talk about it.

What are your faults that you want to blame on other people? Why is this conversation so important to you that you have to go to these lengths to defend picky eating and poor music taste?
>>
>>35775615
>What are your faults that you want to blame on other people? Why is this conversation so important to you that you have to go to these lengths to defend picky eating and poor music taste?
Not that anon, but I think he was trying to prove is the only reason why you even look like you have a position or standing argument is by your diction. He's trying to call you out for your bullshit by taking your "points" and saying that they don't really argue much objectively.
>>
>>35775656
Then I'm doing my job.
Maybe I can become a politician.
>>
Alienation from what humans traditionally find joy and fullfillment in. All peoples, communities, countries are in a constant state of high competition with each other like never before due to globalization.
>>
It's the age of the individual, and a LOT of people are finding themselves wanting.
>>
>>35774045
There's not much of a pc here and we still kill ourselves.
t. anon from lithuania aka 1st place
>>
>>35775615

>I agree that there are other ways to describe not seeking new music, but among the other words I think it is also childish, and I'm defending my use of the word childish. I think being stubborn is childish.

I really think it depends on the person and the particulars. An old man shouldn't have to learn a whole new repertoire in order not to be childish.

>I look at the format of my original post and I'm telling you that the problem is your comprehension.

Don't be obtuse. Its called a predicate because it precedes.

>but you are dragging this conversation so so so far from the actual original topic. The farther you drag it, the more I...

The opposite is true, actually. I want to explore fully what you mean, because I am interested. I'm only going far from 'the point' as you'd like to present it - if I acted wholly within the parameters you give me, of course you will be right.
The issue is that I disagree with you, and want to go further into this than you are willing to.

>What are your faults that you want to blame on other people?

Why are you so intent on construing my disagreement as evidence of personal flaws?

>Why is this conversation so important to you...

You have an interesting perspective that I nonetheless disagree with.
I'm not going to 'lengths'. Why do I have to justify why I find a certain subject interesting enough to discuss it further?
Why do you want to end the conversation so abruptly and inconclusively?

>to defend picky eating and poor music taste?

I don't think about picky eating or poor music taste. I don't think they are childish qualities, though you clearly do. The first is something parents tell children to save money, the latter is something teenagers argue about.
I don't think that you are capable of telling between the two, since you don't have a solid idea of im/maturity beyond what you sentimentally agree with and what you sentimentally don't.
>>
>>35775374
How is it mature to build an identity around your consumption habits? From my perspective it seems to me like you're prioritizing finding music over the enjoyment. "I have collected enough classical to seem intellectual, now it's time to move on to progressive metal," it's bullshit. I get more joy out of humming the same music I always have.

It seems more like you're alienating yourself from the purpose of what elicits feeling from music in the first place, what it means to have a melody move through you, you're like a drug addict who has lost the pleasure of the original high. And now you're here, justifying yourself.
>>
>Browses r9k on a reguarlar basis, a board filled with manchildren and fujoshits
>judges people on their maturity
Oh I am laffin
>>
>>35774026
the other side of technological innovation is obscelescence. humans and technology have always cooperated, only where once we had the bow and arrow, the fire, the wisdom of the medicine man, now we have factories, grocery stores, distribution centers. the men used to go out into unexplored locations to catch their day's work with explosive violence. now they sit/walk calmly, doing the same thing over and over, now the threat is burnout, ennui, eating too much, letting yourself go.
>>
>>35774474
That's why they are rates and not counts.
>>
>>35774533
This. White men are being robbed of their male instinct when they are born with everything they will ever need and then given more by society.

Have white males be born without wealth and privilege. If they have to work for wealth and earn their success and privileges like other races he will develop a sense of purpose and therefore wouldn't feel a need to kill themselves.
>>
It's childish to live - children do it - so mature men grow out of it and kill themselves.
>>
>>35774026
>Population gets larger
>Therefore suicide rates increase
Not too hard to comprehend
>>
>>35776421
Ur a fucki. Fag
>>
File: 1488924347270.gif (2MB, 255x191px)
1488924347270.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>>35774075
>Someone's chasing me with a knife
>I'm not worried because I'm more likely to kill myself than they are to kill me.
>>
>>35774026
we took the indians land so now they are taking their lives
>>
>>35777533
I know it's bait, but some retard on this board is going to fall for it. It's adjusted for population brainlets.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.