[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post grad blues

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: tauruschan.jpg (97KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
tauruschan.jpg
97KB, 637x900px
For all you disillusioned younguns.
>degree
>what you thought you'd be doing right now when you were in school
>what you're actually doing

>math
>working and not being depressed
>not working and being depressed
Anyone else see the cliff coming but go headfirst anyways?
>>
No one else is dealing with this shit?
>>
I want to give that taurus demon some of my gold pine resin
>>
File: caprachan.jpg (245KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
caprachan.jpg
245KB, 637x900px
>>35773246
she's my favorite of the set but they're all good.
>>
>>35772864
Majored in political science

Never thought I'd be doing anything. I knew it was a worthless degree from a third rate state school.

I graduated 6 years ago, and lurked alt right blogs back then. Thought the political situation in this country was pretty much lost even though I thought it would be cool to work for Breitbart, or as a staffer for a politician like Dana Rohrbacher or Jeff Sessions. I wasn't an outstanding enough student to make any of that happen though. If I actually had figured out some way to make that happen though, I would've been on the right (political) team and probably doing very well right now.

Right now Im 29, living at home, and a total neet (collecting unemployment after being laid off from a near min wage job I had for less than 2 years). Also a khv.
>>
>>35773780
living on the dole as a conservative must be sheer torture, you poor soul
>>
File: 1479948351120.jpg (20KB, 350x420px) Image search: [Google]
1479948351120.jpg
20KB, 350x420px
>>35772864
>engineering
>cruising through first two years of CC to get into uni
>instead on the cusp of failing and my current gpa is most certainly going to get me denied

Community college is fucking suffering. I just want to experience the uni life because somehow I believe I will be able to make friends for once.
>>
>>35773812
Unemployment insurance is an earned benefit. Maybe I get more out of it than I paid into it, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
>>
File: 1488314878244.jpg (43KB, 556x616px) Image search: [Google]
1488314878244.jpg
43KB, 556x616px
>>35773839
fug I misread the OP
>>
>>35773780
I had a friend who went to Berkeley for political science and last I heard he was NY working for something. If it makes you feel any better man he grew up to be one of those
>Oh you STILL play video games
types. You have a cool dream man follow it. If that asshole could make it I'm sure you can one day too.

>>35773839
>>35773871
Eh it's a slow thread. If it makes you feel any better I tried to go back to college for cs in the hopes that it would be the thing making me employable. Instead of uni I did cc because it was cheaper and I dropped it on day 2. It's not that cc is bad but that I am fucking done with school and I cannot go back anytime soon. Wonder what all my classmates are doing as most went on for a master's or ph.d. because no jobs.

Sorry went way off on a tangent, you aren't missing much. Unis are great if you like academia or circlejerking and pretending to like it. It's sort of easy to make friends freshmen year if you join one of those freshmen groups, but if you don't it's all on whether or not the people you encounter are like you or not.
>>
>math
>research in math
ended up as an alcoholic code monkey
>>
File: 1476029310669.jpg (11KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1476029310669.jpg
11KB, 240x193px
>biochem
>working in research
>posting dank memes on 4chan

My degree is worthless now
>>
>>35773994
Ay fuck you man, I would've loved to be in your shoes, minus the alcholic part because I never want to have kidney stones. I know coding can be soul crushing, but it can't be as bad as working at a warehouse for less than minimum wage because
>hahaha you don't actually work for us you work for ABCDEFG Staffing!

>>35774032
I had a friend at college who got a degree in chem and he found some work in lab after about a year of working at Rite-Aid. You have lab experience at least. My lab experience is gen chem, bio, and physics. Oh and a quarter of o chem. I'm sure you can find something somewhere that's slightly chemy.
>>
>>35772864
>degree
MD
>what you thought you'd be doing right now when you were in school
Working myself to death
>what you're actually doing
Shitposting during a night shift
>>
>>35774173
What do you do and how is it? I dropped my original neruo degree because I didn't like labs and hated the memorization of bio. Always wondered where I'd be if I continued it.
>>
>>35774238
I'm a doctor, it's okay

Im a resident though so I only make 63k a year
>>
>>35774272
Minus the debt that's the dream right there, mainly because I live with 5 toxic, some violently crazy, people and can't move out because neet with debt. Haha as I'm typing this someone is banging on the walls. Why are you on here? Sounds like you have it made.
>>
>>35772864
Marketing
Finding a job that isnt cold sales and is actually marketing
Being unemployed and depressed
>>
>going to be physics
>doing theory research
>working for an airline with free/ridiculously cheap benefits around the world

I might not even go back to physics. Might be a few years before I decide to do something that pays more, for now this is just plain awesome.
>>
>>35774334
I don't have any debt. I've been on here since 2004 when I was in highschool
>>
File: firesagechan.jpg (121KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
firesagechan.jpg
121KB, 637x900px
I'm about to pass out. Someone keep my thread alive for like a few hours. I actually like hearing what other people are doing. It makes me feel not alone.

>>35774345
All the marketing jobs in my area are just disguised retail or door to door selling. Do you have any plans or ideals for marketing or was it just something you did?

>>35774384
Hey great for you man. That sounds interesting give us some details.

>>35774402
Livin the dream. I mean why this board? You could shitposting anywhere else jerking yourself off to being a doctor while assholes call you a lying virgin in your mom's basement. I'd love to have that kind of money. I'd actually start picking up hobbies maybe learning a few instruments. My point is why come to neet virgin central if you clearly have your act together? Not trying to come of as hostile, just asking because I'm curious and you seem chill.
>>
>>35772864
>computer science
>professional hockey player
>deteriorating my mental health by browsing here
>>
>>35774502
Well, I got the job because I was jobless and my parents wanted me to do something while I was taking a semester off school. I have a fairly good set of experience in everything from IT (comp repair to ISP network infrastructure) to the service industry, so I got called back by practically everyone. Took the job (at SkyWest) on a whim.

Honestly, if you can get a math degree, you can VERY easily get a job at an airline. They are always hiring (the travel industry has never stopped booming apparently) so if you live nearby to an airport, there is probably a job opening somewhere.

The work is basically going to be comprised of unloading/loading bags into planes, maintaining some functions of planes, and selling tickets/checking people in. So all kind of grunt work but eh...frankly, after working several professional jobs and experiencing what academic research is like, this isn't all bad. I just have less money to throw around on frivolous things.
>>
>>35773839

>i want to experience uni life

Holy fuck dude you are memed hard.
Nothing changes. Stop falling for propaganda.
>>
File: 1490369514636.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490369514636.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>35773839
>he thinks he'll magically become a different person in Uni and have loads of friends
>>
>>35774670
Do you have much free time to travel? I imagine working on an airline to be like you working for a few days and then having a day or two free in the city you stopped in
Probably not the case though
>>
>>35774502
Well I've been on r9k since the beginning, it wasn't always like this. I don't enjoy being on reddit and shit.
>>
>>35774716
Oh nonono, I'm not working on an airPLANE, I'm just working for the airLINE. I stay at the local airport. Right now I'm working FT (4 days on, 3 days off) but when school starts I'll go to PT, and in the meantime, if I want to go somewhere for more than 3 days, I can swap shifts with someone.
>>
>>35774766
Anyways I'm getting to bed. You get the idea :) there is plenty of room for time off, and the work isn't super complicated. As long as you're willing to like, do exercise, it is not hard.
>>
>>35773962
UC Berkeley is a top tier school man.

I went to UC Riverside.

Sounds like that guy is a dick though. I wouldn't put someone down even if they still like playing with Legos.
>>
File: 00003happy.jpg (39KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
00003happy.jpg
39KB, 300x350px
>None
>I didn't think I'd be in school
>Forklift operation
Much better than I thought. I make around $30k a year, which is what I had hoped to make around this age, and my job is pretty comfy and cozy.
>>
>>35772864
Don't have ones but I'm in cs right now. Just started at 23 years old.

I see all these young people in class and most are actually happy and can talk to people easily.

I thought I'd have a stable job and a girlfriend or something like that. I thought I'd get out of highschool and go out into the real world and be a success, even if I wasn't in highschool.

I was wrong. I'm just working part time and doing school full-time. Only ever dated one girl, and she broke it off after one date. So the girlfriend thing is gone too. I'm balding already. I'm fat.

As for the cliff op, I'm already stuck in it.
>>
>>35772864
>Economics
>living in the city working as an analyst or consultant
>living with my parents unemployed
>>
>>35773812
not every conservative is a good bootstraps mentality goy
>>
>physics
>thought i would research something cool like particle ohysics
>turns out i am way too dumb for that
>go for something more grounded in reality like semiconductors
>too autistic to network to be offered a job at uni
>finish my degree with good grades
>dont even go to graduation ceremony
>apply but noone cares because no extracuricular activities and work experience
>become one of the 2% who dont get a job after physics degree
>>
I have the first day of my history PhD program on Monday.
Ausfag and I've moved interstate to go to the uni that is the best for my research.

What am I in for?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.