[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DINOSAUR SURVIVE??

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: tyrannosau_pai.jpg (105KB, 737x497px) Image search: [Google]
tyrannosau_pai.jpg
105KB, 737x497px
You'll get paid 40 million dollars to survive in the Cretaceous period for two weeks.

WARNING: You will be unsupervised around live Dinosaurs! You will not be able to bring anything at all, not even your clothes!

Could you survive for 2 weeks?? Would you do it??
>>
>>35769742
if I die then do I die in real life?
>>
File: hmm.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
is there rare pepes in the prehistoric era
>>
So basically I'm only a few levels above the bottom of the food chain. If a predatory dinosaur that is even in the mid to bottom tier sees me I'm dead meat, really depends on if there are dromaeosaurs or not since those fuckers can climb trees. Climbing trees is really my only chance, yeah might as well. Have nothing else to live for
>>
>>35769742
Can just go hide in a cave and forage during the night. Wouldn't be too hard.

I'll pass though since its a non negligible chance of death and I'd be going in blind since our understand of dinosaurs is pretty sketchy.
>>
>>35769742
I porobably couldnt even survive in my backyard naked for a few days so hell no
>>
I'd love to see live Dinosaurs so yeah I'd do it.

I would try to find a cave to hide in or some shit. Also, two weeks is a relatively short amount of time so it's perfectly possible to survive with little food.

Sure, even just for the sake of it.
>>
>>35769815
I was thinking the same.. have to watch out for venomous snakes and crawleys too, like what area/period is it? How high up do I need to climb or am I just going to be picked off it like a fruit or have it knocked down.
>>
I probably couldn't survive 2 weeks alone in the wilderness right now, even with clothes and a knife.

I don't think dinosaurs would really make it that much harder though
>>
I fucking love dinosaurs tho.

You know what friends? Imma watch some dino docs on youtube
>>
>>35769742
I'd probably die in less than a day but yeah I would do it. Want to see those dinosaurs and monkeys from that time
>>
>>35769850
Forage at night and get cucked by any of the numerous predators, mivht not be any caves anon, could appear in a fucking swamp, end up dead from a plate sized swarm of mesquitos
>>
>>35769742
Ill play dead in their dinosaur eating grounds
>>
>>35769742
Early, mid, or late cretaceous?
>>
How much prep time will I be given? What period of Cretaceous? Will I know where in the world I'll spawn?
>>
>>35769865
2 weeks naked is a long time, you have to boil your water or fucked unless you get lucky and find ean water source, maybe its raining all the time and you freeze to death, or while you are sleeping in that cave a crocodiles great great fucking uncle butt fugs you
>>
File: 1458512624671.gif (971KB, 270x252px) Image search: [Google]
1458512624671.gif
971KB, 270x252px
I value my life over 40 million dollars

I would do it if i only had to survive for maybe a few minutes
any more its too risky
shit even then i wouldn't, the faggot offering would probably put me right in front of a brontosaurus foot or something and instantly die
>>
>>35769937
No prep time random period and no random spawn location other then water, you will have a chance to make it no spawning ontop of a mountain or in middle of ocean
>>
>>35769742
>climb up big ass tree
>laugh at dumb overgrown birds trying to eat me
>eat the smaller dinosaurs

I win
>>
File: 1490272127600.jpg (29KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1490272127600.jpg
29KB, 597x597px
>even if you survive you cannot spend shit because you will die from old age in the cretaceous
>Op post has stated that you will get paid 40 millions but not that you can go back
>40 millions that you can't use in the cretaceous
>>
>>35769961
No you are not lucky enough to die, you would make it but missing arms and legs and pnlenis and they would save you in time so even if you wanted to commit suicide you wouldnt be able to do it you would be a tater
>>
>>35769742
Do we get transported to our own continent?

Early or Late Cretaceous era?

Two weeks shouldn't be much of a problem. I have some outdoor experience and knowledge of primitive technology.

Then again I might just die from like dinosaur AIDS or some other funny disease that just hangs out in the air.

Speaking of which, the atmosphere was 50% richer in oxygen, which means that fires would be much easier to start and much harder to put out.
>>
>>35769988
spared no expense
>>
>>35769940
Practically all of the earth in Late Cretaceous Earth was either tropical or warm temperate so finding water shouldn't be too big of an issue considering that it often rains in these areas. If anything biting insects may do you in before the carnivores since I doubt we have any resistances to prehistoric era diseases
>>
>>35769897
>monkeys from that time

I have some bad news for you senpai
>>
>>35769897
Monkeys? Wtf are you talking about lol shit if this is so I would like to see them too haha
>>
>>35769742
I would fuck a dinosaur.

and then die from a UTI or something because iirc dinosaurs only have the one hole used for shitting & pissing and fucking much like birds
>>
>>35770000
Thats pretty harsh senpai those zeros though...
>>
>>35769815
dont forget the centipedes the size of anacondas
>>
>>35769742
could we actually live in that time wouldn't the oxygen levels be off?
>>
>>35769742
Maybe for 5 days but not two weeks theres no fucking way you'd live
>>
>>35769742
it probably wouldn't be that hard if i staked it out on an island somewhere where there were only primitive mammals and washed up fish from the shoreline.
>>
>>35769742
Yes I would do it in a heart beat. I don't even care about the money I would do it for free. I would be the only human in all of history to experience that time period and even if I died in 48 hours I would consider that a worthy use of my life.
>>
>>35770093
The average length of anacondas is 20 ft while the largest insect ever recorded, arthropleura, weighs in at a measly 8.5 feet. Not to mention that artho lived during the carboniferous period, farther from dinosaurs than we are
>>
The Oxygen level would fuck you up and you'd suffocate.
>>
>>35769742
no because I would get sick upon arrival and die of some now extinct disease.
>>
Dinosaurs never existed. I bet you autist also believe in Santa Claus as well.
>>
I would die within a day. I don't imagine humans have resistances to the diseases of that era so the second I get there I'll probably contract a super cold and die.
>>
>>35769742
I wouldn't want to go back because I'd probably kill millions of creatures with the microbes on and in me alone.
>>
>>35770139
i just wanted to exaggerate why you gotta do me like that m8 ;_;
>>
The diseases wouldn't be adapted to you and your insane immune system from 60 million years into the future would curbstomp all the garbage lizard illnesses.

The way to do it is foraging at night and shutting yourself in a hole during the day when lizards can be active.

You just elbow drop all the retarded prehistoric rats and eat rat.

Odds are you'd show up mid to late cretaceous when there were no giant insects.

I think the biggest danger no one is thinking of is the elevated oxygen in the air and what it would do to fire and general air toxicity.
>>
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150512-bird-grows-face-of-dinosaur

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096320/Chickens-dinosaur-feet-Birds-grown-prehistoric-legs-reveal-running-reptiles-morphed-perching-fliers.html

http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-grown-dinosaur-legs-on-a-chicken-for-the-first-time

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/mutant-chicken-grows-alli/

We're gonna make it /r9k/
>>
>>35769979
>Get bit by the ancestor of a mosquito
>Contract prehistoric super flu and die in a few days

This is basically impossible
>>
File: 9sxHPBx.jpg.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
9sxHPBx.jpg.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>35770014
lolibologna
>>
>scientists from an alternate future are baffled and amazed by all the human cum fossils from the Cretaceous era
>some form a doomsday cult based on this time-travelling cum maniac.
>>
>>35770196
Adding onto this the diseases we regularly carry would prolly cause a mini mass exstinction to whichever era we're sent to.
>>
Shit, i would cover myselfin mud for various reasons (Bugs n shit, n once u that dirty u stop worrying about stepping ing in a puddle, know hat i mean) Then i would find good shelter. Even if that meant meant sleeping between boulders and empty spots under rocks for most of the day. Test eat recocognizable plants an fish. Basicaly id survive like an insect and not mot move or waste energy ever.Hope the plants i consume arent deadly.
>>
>>35770196
>He doesn't think that carnivorous dinosaurs were also active during the night
silly billy
oxygen levels around sea level during the cretaceous would have been breathable, much higher than that would have you experiencing high altitude breathing difficulties tho. Higher oxygen would have also made it easier to start fires, important since you'll be constantly wet
>>35770184
This is very serious business, no normal shits allowed I'm afraid
>>
>>35770114
There was actually more oxygen in the air at the time, that why insects and many other animals were so big. Even someone out of shape would have an easier time running and whatnot.
>>
>>35770460
> Even someone out of shape would have an easier time running and whatnot.

We Chad now.
>>
>start beating off as soon as I'm out of the time machine
>high oxygen levels
>dick bursts into flames due to friction
>stop drop & roll
>I spread fire everywhere
>end the Cretaceous era millions of year early
>whoops
>>
>>35770558
Hearty kek, anon.
originallol
>>
>>35769742
>Find river/lake/stream
>Gather a bunch of leaves and other greens and shit
>Dig a hole quickly
>Bury myself in the hole and stay in there for 2 weeks
>Eat the green stuff
>Squeeze water out of the mud into mouth

Easy 40 million. It would be like solitary confinement basically.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.