[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southerners do you think northern accents are qt ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: 1.jpg (412KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
412KB, 1800x1200px
Southerners do you think northern accents are qt ?
>>
You all sound retarded
>>
what the fuck is a northern accent?

boston? minnesota?
>>
>>35769595
dont you mean "ya'll"
>>
depends, im from ny and i went down to texas and people assume your character and label u a typical asshole nyer......they didnt really care and said i sounded "tough" and like a douche but they loved to hear me pronounce words like coffee.
>>
>>35769856
Auto correct was invented by a dirty northerner.
>>
>>35769856
No, I mean "y'all". Why the hell can't you use an apostrophe correctly?

Anyway, I prefer southern accents to any other North American accent by far.
>>
>>35769945
>Why the hell can't you use an apostrophe correctly?

Shut the fuck up nigger
>>
>>35770050
Don't lash out at others for your own ignorance, asshat.

The apostrophe is used in place of the redacted letter/s.

can not - can t - can't
let us - let s - let's
you all - y all - y'all
>>
>>35770141
Stop being pedantic motherfucker
>>
>>35770167
That's not what pedantic means.
Seriously, if you're a native English speaker, work on that.
>>
>>35770355
Actually it kinda is.
>>
I am from the south and have a heavy southern accent. I like the boston and brooklyn accents, but everyone knows you can't trust a yankee.
>>
>>35769586
What the hell is a northern accent?
>>
>>35769586
i'm from the deep south. i find yankee accents irritating as hell
>>
>>35769586
the one on the right is definitely a kike.
>>
>>35771308
Literally everyone except the people in your part of the country thinks that your accent sounds retarded.
>>
>>35771387
watch out my fellow robots we have a triggered anon here
>>
>>35769586
Can someone tell me what the black and white flag is i have been looking for what it means all day.
>>
>>35769586
There are 3 accents left in this country; nigger accent, beaner accent, and Californian (like omg like) accent. Fuck this country.
>>
>>35771433
The hell are you talking about? There are dozens of accents.
>>
Tbh yall always sound angry when you talk. I get the impression that northeasterners must be in a hurry all the time. I-it's okay to take it easy sometimes guys...
>>
>>35769586
Not qt
Just different
Hoosier is the worst
>>
File: 1313801473638.jpg (20KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1313801473638.jpg
20KB, 258x314px
>from cleveland ohio
>move to charleston south carolina in high school
>mfw everyone calls me a "yankee"
>mfw confederate flags on every street corner
>mfw people say I have an accent
>mfw those people sound inbred as fuck
>>
>>35769586
I do love when a guy from the Northeast that can barely tie his shoes is visiting and says of a college professor
>The way he tahks sounds ruhtahded
>>
>>35771544
>mfw those people sound inbred as fuck

That's because they are.
>>
>>35771577
Nobody in the Northeast sounds like that unless they're from a specific part of Boston.
>>
>>35771544
Cleveland
>the mistake by the lake
Charleston
>one of the most cultured cities in the country
>>
>>35771609
Or Maine
Or Massachusetts
Or Vermont
Etc
>>
>>35771666
>Maine

My mom's whole family is from Maine, I've never heard them sound anything like that typical Boston accent. Although they do say "supper", "yuuge" and "tee-v" (instead of tv). That last one in particular annoys the hell out of me.
>>
>>35769586
I haven't heard enough northern accents to replicate them in my head in order to understand the question. I have mostly gotten rid of my own southern accent.

accents in general aren't cute or anything. they're just things. sometimes they are hard to listen to.
>>
>>35771580
the only inbreeders i've ever come across were from mountainous areas, not lying
>>
>>35771690
When I was visiting my fiance at Smith the locals all sounded like the Finest Hours
Same when I was in Portland
>>
>no cute northerner gf who loves my racism and affinity for the outdoors
>>
>>35769586
The problem with yankee women is that 90% are no better than the bottom 10% of Southern girls - pretty, maybe, but rude, crude, lazy, entitled, and unskilled
>>
>>35771821
they in fact hate you, disgusted and repulsed by you. they think you are a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>35771821
With the way people move all over the country constantly, you can probably find one without even leaving your state.

>>35771916
No they don't. Unless he's a moonshine-brewing-tier redneck
>>
Preppy CT-fag here. i have a deep monotone bro like accent. Anyone here from Connecticut have the same thing
>>
>>35771934
>Unless he's a moonshine-brewing-tier redneck

tfw no qt to help me run my still when i get to drunk ;__;
>>
File: pape.jpg (2KB, 99x94px) Image search: [Google]
pape.jpg
2KB, 99x94px
>BADDA BING..
>BADDA BOOM
Yeah I'd say so
>>
>>35769586
I want a southern man with a really thick accent to fuck my boipussy while he calls me a disgusting beaner
>>
>>35772553
>a border-jumping spic
>is also a twink

You're gonna pay for that wall with your body, pedro.
*unzips dick*
>>
what do southerners think of People that live in southern Indiana accents? Like bordering Kentucky southern Indiana
>>
>>35769586
What kind of "northern accent"? I like a slight new york drawl, not intense but enough to where you say "dawn" correctly (most people here say it like "don" via caught-cot merger).

>>35771387
Good. Maybe then I won't have to fucking talk to you.
>>
>>35772595
Well in Texas the only people we really dislike are places that hate the right to bear arms, fedora atheists, and people who live in Austin.
>>
>>35769586
No I think they're terrible. I have a neutral accent but I can't stand grating yankee accents.
>>
>>35772682
austin is awful.
texas ftw
FW is best
>>
>>35772682
Can confirm.

But sometimes if you're obviously an "outsider" you sort of have to prove yourself. Though if you already weren't a faggot you're fine, we just like to make sure.
>>
>>35771544
>Insulting charelston
Cleveland! At least we're not Detroit!
>>
>>35772731
comparing Cleveland and Detroit is like determining which pile of shit reeks the most.
>>
>>35771387
Most europeans I've talked to have a much better impression of the South (or at least Texas) than basically the rest of the country. French people in particular seem to love this place, though that may be because they just fucking hate louisiana and we look great by comparison.
>>
File: serialkillerman.jpg (45KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
serialkillerman.jpg
45KB, 300x262px
>>35769586

the himeback guy looks like a spic

is Southern pride just an Anglicized Mexican (melungeon)?
>>
>>35771544
>people say I have an accent
Literally everyone has an accent.

And how can you "sound inbred"? XDDD SOUTH HAHA REDNECKS LMAO INBRED NIGGERS ;D
>>
>>35772760
Texas is really popular overseas, it's a big part of what people think of when they think of America. Unfortunately, it's also associated with the "retarded gun-nut" stereotype. You know how much annoying smug northeasterners look down on us? Triple that, and you've got the way foreigners think of us.
>>
>>35772765

lots of U.S. Southerners look like the local population of Jalisco

https://youtu.be/j86MDni0o4A
>>
>>35772765
>>35772787

but they're fucking retarded and think they're nazis in the U.S.
>>
>>35772787
"Southerner" doesn't mean people from the Southwest, I know that doesn't make much sense but "the South" is really the southeast. Just like when people say "the North" they mean the northeast/great lakes, and not Montana.
>>
As someone who lives in the south, southern accents irritate the hell out of me.

The best accent is no accent.
>>
im from new york and they usually just think im an asshole. which is mostly true i guess.
>>
>>35772785
yeah all europeans know texas, but they seem to think everyone lives on a ranch with a bunch of longhorns and guns and oil cash. my houston roots fail all those expectations
>>
>>35772785
I'll take "cool outdoorsy dudes who like their boomsticks too much" over "le inbred retards XD" any day personally.
>>
File: 1485666171561.jpg (441KB, 1215x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485666171561.jpg
441KB, 1215x1200px
i work a hotel in the deep south as a desk cunt, and i get irritated when folk from michigan/minnesota ask me where i'm from, as if i'm some carpetbagging transplant from up there

fuck sake, just because i'm not restricted to bisyllabic words doesn't mean that i'm some yankee, and i'm talking fast so i can get their asses out of the lobby and i can go back to shitposting

generally, yank accents don't phase me so much except for michiganers and the rare bostonian. generally don't actively "like" any regional dialect or accent in the US aside from my own.

i rly like kiwi, strayan, and quebecois accents tho
>>
File: kayla estes cute.png (650KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
kayla estes cute.png
650KB, 511x511px
>>35769586
A thick Kentucky accent like link and pic related is qt as fuck on a chick.
https://youtu.be/U3mlqPjERtE
>>
>>35772776
>Literally everyone has an accent.
incorrect sir. we northerners speak the true American English, where as southern hicks speak an inbred bastardization of proper speech. perhaps when they learn to enunciate better we of the superior dialect will begin to take them seriously.
>>
i'm from the south, and i find girls with strong southern accents extremely qt.
>especially when they call you things like "honey", "sugar", and other names when they don't think anything of it
i don't know anything about northern accents. never met anyone from the north
>>
File: kingshaun.png (227KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
kingshaun.png
227KB, 402x402px
>>35772804
>>35772787
>>35772765

this is why they are obsessed with Shaun King and wanting him to be white and not black

https://www.wesearchr.com/bounties/do-a-dna-test-on-black-lives-matter-activist-shaun-king
>>
>>35769586
>texan here

boston is a little

minnesota accent is weird

new york accent is gross
>>
>>35772912
this. northern girls sound like aggressive whores.
I just want a cute farmer's daughter to cook me eggs and think my northern accent makes me sound like a Harvard professor.
>>
>>35773116
>new york accent is gross

Which New York accent? Hell, which New York language?
>>
File: 1477109075577.jpg (36KB, 277x393px) Image search: [Google]
1477109075577.jpg
36KB, 277x393px
>>35773116
>be from boston
>northerners tell me I don't have accent
>go to south
>"oh wow, your accent is so thick"
be honest, can I get some pussy off this?
>>
>>35773125
Jesus christ, is there anything that robots *can't* feitishize to absurd extremes? Southerners are just Americans with weird accents, they're not retarded savages.
>>
>>35773161
i've met a couple of folks from upstate NY coming into the hotel i work at

on both occasions i gave them a cheeky grin and asked them how they liked that SAFE act, ended up circlejerking about politics and shit, so they were cool
>>
>>35773161
all of them, New York is trash. worst state in new england
>>
>>35773175
>>35773196

> texan again

that guy wasn't me, but basically I agree
>>
>>35773196
New York isn't in New England
>>
File: Benjamin Thomas Samuel.jpg (21KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin Thomas Samuel.jpg
21KB, 480x600px
>>35773110

the one-drop rule fucked them up in the head. should have been a casta system to ground them to reality
>>
>>35773177
I dunno man. Appalachians are pretty savage. The further into Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida, the more retarded savages you run into.
>>
>>35773226
Yeah, but those retarded savages are black and they act that way everywhere in the world.
>>
>>35773177
>Southerners are just Americans with weird accents, they're not retarded savages.

i wish that the unincorporated township that i reside in never changed their name back from Manassas after good ole' Tecumsuh burnt the bitch to ashes in 1864

feel plenty more loyalty to my region of the southeast than to the nation as a whole, for better or worse. met plenty of people that feel the same way about the same area and different areas alike.

altho desu the dude here is mostly likely to find a "cute farmer's daughter" to cook him eggs n' shit, he'd probably want to check out Utah lol

i have 24 chickens myself but i am a straight male (male) and will not cook you eggs sry
>>
>>35773244
No, I'm talking about the white nut jobs. The insane off the grid motherfucker.
>>
>>35773213
>the one drop rule
white southerners have a long-documented love for thicc black women

hard to find somewhere with more mixed-race people than the american south
>>
Northern accents aren't really fetishized here I don't think. You either sound really trashy (urban northeastern accents, new england in general), flat-out retarded (that minnesota accent, whatever it is), or you just sound boring and generic (everyone else).

Then again we don't really make a big deal out of accents in general. I think it's just a cultural thing. Yankees seem to fawn over accents and foreign languages. Most southerners either don't care or would actually prefer if you just spoke like we do. I mean we had a Portuguese kid in my high school and he spoke with his exotic accent and also spoke Portuguese obviously. He didn't pull mad pussy or anything because of it though, in fact if anything people kind of treated him like he was a little slow.
>>
>>35771723
We have some down here in SETX-SWLA. Usually trashy, part of skinhead families that never worked and collect welfare between visits to the pen.
>>
>>35773412
We had the same thing with a brazilian kid
>>
>>35773175
Well people that hear you're from Boston expect the micked up Southie accent and people from down South wonder why you talk like a dictionary.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.