[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean to be a man? What do you believe it means?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: blacksmith_venango.jpg (160KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
blacksmith_venango.jpg
160KB, 800x585px
What does it mean to be a man?

What do you believe it means?
>>
>>35768561
Assertiveness, confidence, ambition, strength, independence.
>>
>>35768561
possibly cheesy/normie answer but here we go

>strong-willed, strong enough to protect the people he loves
>makes the right choices even during tough times
>selfless
>provides for his family
>>
>Strong of mind and spirit
>Good logical thinking skills
>Community minded and charitable to those who deserve assistance
>Family oriented and caring of those close to him
>Willing to make sacrifices for those close to him, his community and his nation and any other groups he belongs to and feels close to.
>Deeply flawed
>>
File: warrior-of-light.jpg (94KB, 550x687px) Image search: [Google]
warrior-of-light.jpg
94KB, 550x687px
You gotta be strong in the real way. That's all it, everything else comes with that.
>>
File: 1304980819871.gif (68KB, 420x470px) Image search: [Google]
1304980819871.gif
68KB, 420x470px
I think honor and good morals are important traits.
>>
Carries his own weight, or just being good at getting his way.
>>
To be a man you must have honor, honor and a peenis.
>>
>>35768561
>What does it mean to be a man?

Whatever the fuck you want it to mean. We don't come with instruction manuals.
>>
File: 1490085944095.jpg (104KB, 1761x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1490085944095.jpg
104KB, 1761x1027px
being a man means standing up for what you believe in, never letting anyone else make your opinions for you, and being loyal to those you care for.
>>
>>35768561
any answer that isn't rote biological explanation is pure ideology
>>
File: 4.jpg (4KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
4KB, 284x177px
>>35768561
No one stands between a man and the unknown.
>>
>all these "for honor and country" replies that read like something out of a military recruitment commercial

God, you faggots are insufferably stupid. No wonder the world treats us like we're completely disposable.
>>
>>35768561
Is... is he wearing crotchless pants
>>
>>35769066
leather leggings and a loincloth

keeps your balls from getting swampy when you're out tracking all day
>>
>>35769036
>Not wanting to serve an entity greater than yourself
>Not wanting to have a sense of pride in holding to your principals
>"just do whatever you want bro, nothin else matters, just make yourself happy"
Nu-male detected.
>>
>>35768561
>what does it mean to be a man
>what does it mean to be 50% of the human population

I used to think strength, leadership and constant emotional composure were necessary components of malehood, until I realized I have none of that and standards like that are bullshit. Now I just do me, and it's cool, I guess.
>>
Any attempt at concretely describe a "real man" is impossible, and anybody who does so is a numale or a woman.
>>
>>35769190

numale or woman spotted
>>
>>35769066
buckskin leggings and a breechcloth

keeps the groin dry to avoid chafing while hunting in the summer

>tfw ill never be able to have my balls exposed to the air in public without being put on a list
>>
--human
--naturally grew testicles
--optional bonus points for not being an easily manipulated tool that lives for others
>>
you must let go of this ideology, its what makes you, you. for example are you strong are you knowledgeable are you smart are quick slow dumb weak which combinations of skills do you have that makes you you? no doubt being the certain gender does have benefits and disadvantages but it does not determine who you are if you suck at life its not your gender its your lack of skills and core values(mind set) one day you may cast off the shackles of humanity and be more than human. humanity what a joke can't even let go of old ways of thinkin,,
>>
File: 1463000191803.png (76KB, 134x232px) Image search: [Google]
1463000191803.png
76KB, 134x232px
>>35768561
Being biologically male obviously.
>>
>>35769147
>Not wanting to serve an entity greater than yourself
What entity would that be, Anon?

>Not wanting to have a sense of pride in holding to your principals
I believe I am holding to my princiPLES, although there's no reason to take pride in that. Pride just leads to arrogance.

My only concern is that you may be trying to apply your principles unilaterally to the entire male species. Just because I have a penis doesn't mean I need to sign myself up for the Army and fight in some overseas oil war.

>Nu-male
Very original.
>>
>>35768561
>What does it mean to be a man?
Have a penis, be born with the proper chromosomes.

>What do you believe it means?
Being stong, silent, all the generic stuff.
Too bad I'm none of that and I'm just a weak little nobody.
>>
>>35769842
>too bad I'm none of that
Don't do that to yourself. Don't be like me. You're no less valuable than anyone else, and if someone or something is making you feel otherwise, don't give in to that feeling. We're all just humans, and we're all just trying to make it in this world. Whether you embody someone else's ideals doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>35768612
I have none of those. Maybe some fleeting ambition and stoicism, but I'm physically a joke, and have the charisma and confidence of a soggy towel.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.