[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your mother made you the way you are. Prove me wrong.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

Your mother made you the way you are.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>35766961
father too
>>
having autism is a nature thing, not a nurture thing
>>
>>35767155
Your mother amplified your autism.
>>
>>35766961
No. Shit.

Original, its original.
>>
>>35766961
Parents encourage and enable every negative thing about their children, no exceptions. Typically the encouragement is a byproduct or merely unintentional, but it's still there. Most people are maladjusted for regular life and not mentally deficient, but it works out to be the same when a grown child still lives at home and is so incapable of surviving because their parents hamstrung them or instilled so many fears and doubts in them.

Most people can change. Most won't, though, because it takes a lot of self-awareness and, more importantly, self-discipline.
>>
>>35766961
Why is his neck so small but his body so big?
>>
>>35766961
>Have narcissistic enabling parents sho only care about MUH PERFECT FAMILY IMAGE
>neet, depressed and anxious (not memey like actually diagnosed though I bailed before pills), no advice from parents other than "be yourself and keep trying" (like they've actually said that)
>no father figure because dad is (not trying to make this political so forgive me) self righteous virtue signaling liberal fedora
>mother does her own shit most of the time and is borderline workaholic
>they're both tfw to smart to notice the eldest is suicidal and depressed
That green text turned to shit but I have so much pent up crap and no one to talk to. Basically my parents both have master's degrees but are too aloof to notice they fucked up their kids hard. The sad part is my two siblings are worse, but since middle brother is favorite and youngest is the princess daughter they get it all. My house is fucking crazy.
>>
>>35766961
I don't know my mother.
>her absence has had a large effect on your life so she made you this way
My father's presence had a larger effect than my mother's absence therefore it would make more sense to say my father made me the way I am.
>>
>>35766961
I had no mother
>>
>>35768059
Your father wouldn't have been as fucked up if not for your mother's absence.
>>35768075
Exactly
>>
>>35767498
if the capacity for change relies on self-awareness and self-discipline
then those who lack those cannot change
and then who is to blame for that lack?
or, better, if blame is a waste of time, can self-discipline and self-awareness be gotten and if so, how are they acquired (maybe even given)?
>>
File: 1341475425723.jpg (39KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1341475425723.jpg
39KB, 403x403px
>don't go outside, we have a child molester as our nextdoor neighbor!
>it's what you know, not who you know. focus on your studies, you don't need to have alot of friends. those kids are doing drugs you know!
>you're too young to be having a girlfriend (at 16)

>get all A's and B's and one C
>"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT A C ANON, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"
>>
File: 1485793812796.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1485793812796.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
>>35766961
>Father had some kind of autism, fixated on rigid structure of society and manners
>Mother was a lot more relaxed socially but anxious as fuck when it came to real world stuff but hated father for structured ways
>they divorced when I was 10 and a decade of passive agressiveness followed between two parents
>Mother molly coddled me and my brother as a comfort; bought us what we wanted and told us everything would be OK no matter what
>Mother spends next 10 years overriding my brother and I's responsiblities so she can take care of us
>Father still enforces importance of status in society whenever we see him
>Mother lets house go to shit, garden overgrown, floor fucked up etc.
>We learn to postpone things and procrastinate
>Fathers house is orderly and routine driven to an autistic degree
>Mother is high flying in her career but placates her children with materialistic frivolities
>tfw unable to stick to routine
>tfw unable to appreciate the feel good chemical rush associated with working hard and achieving something because I always got something for nothing
>tfw an incompetent manchild with no life-skills who lives at home with mum
>tfw if I'd got battered more, people would empathise with me but in my current state no one gives a shit
>tfw spoiling kids is as bad as beating them but no one understands.
>>
>>35768871
Anon if you got a C in high school and you live in the U.S you've done something wrong
>>
>>35768871
Anon if you got a C in high school and you live in the U.S you've done something wrong
tfw top 5% in my class high school but might b kicked out of university soon
>>
File: 1487021142692.gif (548KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487021142692.gif
548KB, 400x400px
>>35768887
>Mother molly coddled me and my brother as a comfort; bought us what we wanted and told us everything would be OK no matter what

>tfw what do you mean I don't deal with problems?
>tfw "uh I might as well kill myself then"
>tfw we'll talk about it later...

FUCK I wish my father would have shot me and my siblings before he offed himself leaving us with this crazy bitch.
>>
>>35766961
well I wasn't raised by one so it's kinda hard for that to happen
>>
>>35766961
my mom wasn't around
>>
>>35766961
*My mother ruined me the way I am.
ftfy
>>
>>35766961
Well for starters you have to factor in social settings, peers, father, siblings and how you were rewarded/punished by all those social settings. Then you just have mental health in general. My brother and I were raised about the same but I tend to be very pragmatic and boring while he is a serious risk taker. In both outcomes I feel it had more to do with our minds and how our actions effected our life.
>>
>>35766961
>dad always beat me, mom and siblings whenever he got pissed off
>mom always tried to protect me and my siblings when dad would beat us
>after being beat by dad because he thought i was lying about stuff i cant remember, mom told me. Sometimes lying is better than telling the truth. Work smart not hard. Even if you didnt do anything lying is sometimes better than telling the truth
>mom was a kind caring person. Smart as fuck.

I lie when it benefits me. I tell the truth only if it wont bite me in the ass. I volunteer in the kitchen at the homeless shelter when i can. I cheat my tests if i find a way not to get caught. Don't really socialize with people unless needs be or it benefits. Only have 2 friends i socialize with even if it doesnt benefit me theyre family to me.
>>
>>35770314
All the problems i have was caused by my dad.
>>
>>35767604

>Pulling the narcissist card to win sympathy points

Everyone is a narcissist you fucking retard.
>>
>>35766961
100% yes.
Made me a Nancy boy bitch goodie two shoes, that got comeptlely wreaked socially in school, because I was taught to be a doormat.
>>
>>35766961
It was my father who shit on any confidence I might have had, he never taught me any sort of thing that fathers teach their kids, it was him and my older brother that always caused drama and violence in our household, and it was my brother that was a bad influence on me in later years.

My mom did fuck up her share of things and have her flaws, but she was only one person involved in shaping who I've become over the decades.
>>
>ask mom if we could please stop fighting and just be nice to eachother. Only a few months til I am out of her house and I'm getting straight A's in school.
>Get told no, that I'm a fucking loser, and that I will find out what mean really is.
>>
File: 1488953113945.png (178KB, 645x615px) Image search: [Google]
1488953113945.png
178KB, 645x615px
>>35766961
I don't know, anon. Maybe she did make me the way I am. She certainly had an influence, I'm sure.

My mother gave me my first hit of any kind of drug and my first sip of alcohol. She even tried to come onto me one time, no joke. She was only in my life 'till I was 16, after she got confined to a psyche ward and I had to be sent o live in a different country with my aunt (who was much more sensible than my mother)

I still like my mom, though. I'm visiting her this summer. Wonder what it'll be like. Hope she doesn't try to come onto me or anything.
>>
File: ninjaslayerplease.jpg (125KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ninjaslayerplease.jpg
125KB, 1440x1080px
I didn't have a mother.
>>
File: 1489715431724.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1489715431724.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>35770729
>selfless kind people don't exist
I mean I'm depressed and cynical but let's be reasonable anon. There are spme truly kind people out there.
>>
>>35771246

t. Someone who watches too much Disney movies

Listen kid, even the people who are selfless aren't really selfless. They do it to benefit them only. Unconditional love does not exist. Our genes will always put ourselves in top priority. Siblings come second. Now please go back to plebbit.
>>
File: Disappointed.jpg (139KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.jpg
139KB, 480x360px
>>35771342
>disney
>kid
>plebbit
>>
>>35767574
it's a bottleneck

hahhhh AHAHAH
>>
Raised in what could be described as a cult.
Mom was a mentally ill, approval seeking woman and she got what she wanted there.
All the while I'm told that I'll go to hell and burn for eternity if I don't speak in tongues and my mom will be taken from me in the rapture.
Never given any opportunity to develop confidence. No sports, no extra curricular activities. Mom did every thing for me. Never pushed me to do well in school and I just barely scraped by constantly.
Never taught how to make friends or stand up for myself when being bullied.

Now I'm a grown man with severe anxiety, agoraphobia and depression that cant interact with normal society
>>
>>35766961
Lack of a father made me into the man child I am today.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.