[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ thread-My professor knows I've been skipping class edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: KBcUH7e.png (195KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
KBcUH7e.png
195KB, 576x432px
Post university feels/complaints/problems
>>
>>35764410
>paying to skip a lecture
Top pip
>>
My professor brought wine to class yesterday for a class party even though this is in america and we're a dry campus. Definitely got buzzed.
>>
>>35764410
Even if you're skipping class it's none of your professor's business though
>>
>>35764410
>Only man in my classes (psychology)
>Tfw can't go unoticed
>Tfw the depression keeps you in bed
>>
>>35764662
it's only awkward if you make it awkward. I'm a guy and I took a women's health class to satisfy a gen ed requirement. I was one of the only guys and most people pretty much ignored me, I just payed attention and did my work like everyone else.
>>
>>35764746
I was totally ok with it at first but I'm getting really lonely lately. Its hard to have meaningful conversations with women and most of them have boyfriends so they pretty much ignore me.
>>
>bunch of niggers living on this dorm hall
>play loud music almost every night, run up and down the halls screaming several times a day including 1-2 AM
>a couple weeks ago they're blaring their shit and people complain to the RA
>RA comes to tell them to turn their music down, they don't
>RA comes back a few minutes later and politely tells them to turn down their shit
>they chimp out and start screaming at her, I can hear it from all the way down the hall
>get wind a few days later that the nigs will have to face a disciplinary committee for quiet hour violations and yelling at an RA
>last week they got moved to a different room, on the same hall as the RA so they can be monitored like the animals they are

Feels good man, I've put up with their shit for a semester and a half
>>
>>35765093
>nly awkward if you make it awkward. I'm a guy and I took a women's health class to satisfy a gen ed requirement. I was one of the only guys and most people pretty much ignored me, I just payed attention and did my work like everyone else.

you sound like a fuckin goof buddy. lighten up. it's college.
>>
>>35764410
>be me, taking Japanese classes
>go to symposium with Japanese exchange students presenting information on Japanese culture
>afterwards, go to the refreshments table and spend 10 minutes leeching off their food and coffee since I'm a poorfag and don't want to buy lunch in the cafeteria
>not even talking to anyone, just eating their food
>coordinator starts getting mad and yelling "you have to pay for lunch outside, you cannot be here without money" or something along those lines in Japanese, not at me, but at our group in general

Should I feel bad?
>>
File: 1442768816647.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442768816647.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>graduated with degree in history
>find absolutely nothing related to it in a year and a half

>started going to community college for computer science this semester
>actually enjoying the challenge of math and science over everything humanities related which I could sleep through with A's
>most of the electives and stuff are wiped out by bachelors so i will be done in a year

>state has a bunch of excellent computer science programs i can transfer to when i am done with the associates

I want to use this as an opportunity to do all the networking and stuff I slacked on. I hope this is the right choice lads.
>>
>>35765093
well you sure are a wet blanket
>>
>>35765262
Spotted the nignog.

origanoe
>>
How do I find what a girl's name on campus is without talking to her? I really need to find her social media so I can fap to her tonight
>>
>>35765150
lighten up?
I never said it was a bad experience, it was a decent class, and I enjoy college in general
>>
>>35765262
my neighbors blast music all the time and i don't have a problem with it, jamal, but they're not obnoxious and don't act like they own the place
>>
>>35764410
I need to chose a language to learn when I transfer to my 4 year school, what should I take? Preferably a language with good literature/ movies.
>>
>>35765872
i dont know about literature or movies but in my opinion german is the best singing language.
>>
>>35765872
French
>great literature
>great poetry
>great film
>easy to learn
>>
>>35765872
german if you want an easy A
Japanese if you wanna understand all the jokes in the chinese cartoons
>>
>>35766167
Don't like anime too much, but it would be nice to read Basho in his native toung.
>>
>>35765872
French or Spanish

t. Spanish is one of my double majors
>>
>>35764410
if you are in undergrad, read the syllabus
if absences are deducted from your overall grade, it will tell you. usually this is wrapped up in a "participation" grade category

if this is present yeah you're fucked

if this is NOT present then your professor should not penalize you for failing to appear in class so long as you perform well on all the graded material for the class

git gud at college kids
>>
File: received_1392044144194200.png (161KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
received_1392044144194200.png
161KB, 403x433px
>have to spend weekends going to relatives' jobs
>exams coming up in a week
It's over lads, it's been a fun ride.
>>
>35765242
Why do you take japanese classes?
>>
>>35768356
My bad, meant to
>>35765242
>>
>>35765448
If you know someone whose name you know and happens to know her, you can just look through their friend list for her.
>>
>>35766656
When you attendance influences your grade, they usually keep an attendance list for obvious legal and practical reasons, at least in my country. So if they don't keep a tab on attendance, it most likely doesn't affect your grade. At least they do it that way in my country.
>>
>>35764439

you're paying for credits that go towards a piece of paper
>>
>>35769004
*your attendance
Also I repeated "at least in my country" because I forgot I already mentioned it at the beginning of my post. Just fuck my shit up famalam.
>>
>first year, marks don't count towards degree, just have to pass
>don't care about them, have 60% avg so far
>uni publishes list of undegrad summer research projects
>find some I could get on board despite being a 1st year
Should I go ahead and talk with the professors heading them or would I just embarrass myself?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.