[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: you help me figure out what this sensation is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: black_sphere_by_maoundo.jpg (13KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
black_sphere_by_maoundo.jpg
13KB, 600x450px
I've only talked about this before with one person, but it was the most interesting and complex conversation I've ever had. A few times throughout my life I can remember these weird sensations I would have when I was laying in bed, usually when I had my eyes closed but a few times when I was watching TV.

Basically I felt like my room was as big as the universe, but I was inside my own body being shrunken down to an infinitesimally small size, giving me strange feelings of anxiety as my mind raced faster that it usually ever does. There's also another thing associated with it that makes me sound like a crazy person, but there's also a clear visual representation of a large black sphere hanging in the middle of the room. It's hard for me to even put it into words, but as I said again at least ONE other person on this planet knows exactly what the fuck I'm talking about.

>pic related is as close as I can find to what it looks like
>>
File: 99415-12-20110401013931-1.jpg (29KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
99415-12-20110401013931-1.jpg
29KB, 324x324px
to me it sounds like either astral projection or some form of dissociation

but I'm no expert
>>
>>35764400
>when I was watching TV

I'd like to clarify on this. It was the exact same feeling as the sensation of my room expanding to a massive size, but I would just look at a character on the screen and stare, and the more I started it was almost like I could resize the TV screen, imagining it to be the size of my phone and then imagining it to be as big as a movie theater screen. I'd also be imagine how small the people look on the screen and get wigged out and think about the actual size of a person.

Basically everything feels disproportionate and not right.

This is as best as I can describe it.

>>35764465
I've had an OBE and it wasn't like that, but I guess it is close to a form of dissociation.
>>
>>35764400
Sounds like it could be some variation of sleep paralysis.
>>
File: le black orb guy.jpg (181KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
le black orb guy.jpg
181KB, 567x567px
>...That's the theory, anyway.
>>
>>35764518
>sleep paralysis

Nope, it would happen after maybe a few seconds or minutes after closing my eyes. Used to take me awhile to get to sleep, at least 20 minutes of having my eyes closed.
>>
Sounds like sleep paralysis or a childhood fever dream. Also that was the most complex conversation youve ever had? Get out more.
>>
>>35764553
>Also that was the most complex conversation you've ever had?

This isn't a conversation, this is a post, but it wasn't really complex more than it was just difficult to explain. It's a conservation you would have heard from two guys tripping on Shrooms or LSD.
>>
>tfw had the most meaningful conversation I've had while I was peaking on lsd and I don't remember half of what was said
>>
Shit fuck, I know it's Reddit but this entire page is relating to what I'm talking about.

There must be some Robots that know exactly what I and these ledditors are talking about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1wzad0/eli5_what_is_that_feeling_when_the_room_suddenly/
>>
I'm not sure if this is what you're describing but what happens to me often is:

I start perceiving something at a size that's very small, not infinitely, just "conveniently" small. Like just small enough, just big enough. It's not "big enough" FOR anything, it's just got the perfect small size. Then I perceive something else at the same time that's just incredibly huge, as huge as the universe, and I almost have a rapid flashing between the small and the big until my brain stops doing it. I don't think I ever had it watching TV but I've had it while bored on the bus or in school. Usually though it happens when I go to bed, in total darkness.

I also sometimes start perceiving every part of my body separately, each part infinitely large. The parts also include subparts, like hand, elbow, shoulder, but also the whole arm, both unique yet existing at the same time.
>>
>>35764646
>I start perceiving something at a size that's very small, not infinitely, just "conveniently" small. Like just small enough, just big enough. It's not "big enough" FOR anything, it's just got the perfect small size. Then I perceive something else at the same time that's just incredibly huge, as huge as the universe, and I almost have a rapid flashing between the small and the big until my brain stops doing it. I don't think I ever had it watching TV but I've had it while bored on the bus or in school. Usually though it happens when I go to bed, in total darkness.

I think this is pretty close to what I'm trying to talk about. Feels like you explained it a lot better than I could.
>>
>>35764400
I get this too.

With me, instead of being shrunken down inside my body, I get that feeling inside my head. It's like both a pressure applied in to my body and brain. I feel my body is located just behind my "third eye" in my brain.

The room feels to be big, but not too much. I'm just worried about whats going on in my head desu.

I've never seen a black sphere though.
>>
>>35764734
>I think this is pretty close to what I'm trying to talk about.

wild, I thought this was just something that happened to me. Perhaps it's the brain refreshing.
>>
>>35764768
>The room feels to be big, but not too much

Short and concise explanation of the feeling, you got it.

>>35764830
Something like that. It's just amazing that enough of a description to the sensation and another person who's experienced it doesn't have to hear another word and just goes "Yes! I know what you mean."
>>
>>35764871
I always viewed it as something like those dreams that have perfect versimilitude as you're in them, but afterwards, even while remembering them, the events make absolutely no sense, so I had no trouble with the idea that even if other people ever had experienced something similar we would never be able to discuss it with the languages we have available.
>>
Alice In Wonderland syndrome. I have the same thing and have since I qas a kid, too. Basically, your sense of proportion is so thrown off that an object in a room can tower infinitely while the room itself is infinitessimally small while still containing it. Can be triggered by dissociatives like DXM, but it can also happen sober and I think to some extent you can make it happen on purpose.

Dunno what causes it. I have other sensory and neurological quirks and I'd be interested in knowing if you have any as well, beyond this one. You have any kind of sensory processing issues?
>>
>>35764625
>unironically posting reddit thread
>>
>>35765124
I already said I know it's Reddit. Would be worse if I didn't mention it. And besides, the page is a goldmine of what I'm talking about.

A broken clock is still right twice a day.

>>35765039
> I have other sensory and neurological quirks and I'd be interested in knowing if you have any as well, beyond this one.

I'm interested but might not be able to relate or understand. Don't have any sensory processing issues that I know of.
>>
derealization/depersoinaliztion

I get it all the time too
>>
>>35764400

Can relate to some extent, though in my case it was more like a pitch-black fire, not a sphere (yet it's funny that it was black). Also the time seemed to slow down.
It was very impressive, especially the sensation of finally "getting it", but it was a fleeting moment and now I would be unable to explain it clearly. It made sense at the time.
>>
>>35764400
might wanna get ur brain scanned op
sounds like cancer.
>>
>>35764400
With every little extra mental "illness" comes a little bit of deconstruction of the bullshit you've been lied about. Chill yourself, my man.
>>
>>35765479
You're actually a fucking retard and not making any sense at all. An atypical explanation of a mental phenomenon has nothing to do with mental illness, being crazy or having to "chill out."

It's clear you're an idiot.
>>
>>35765518
With every little extra bit of "asshurt" comes a little bit of growing up. Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>35765595
You're not making any sense, idiot.
>>
>>35764400
I experienced similar half dreams when I was a kid. But for me it was a endless space of box like objects that shrunk and expanded. I could speed up the simulation based on how fast my heart was beating (faster beat=>faster simulation). It felt paralyzing and tingling in my brain. I experienced it again a few years ago actually, but it was a fairly weak one at best.
>>
sounds kinda similar to fever dreams
i remember one of mine where i was holding a cube and suddenly it expanded to a size larger than the room i was in
in another one i started to feel my bedsheets beneath my toes way "too detailedly" / my toes felt unusially big and too small at the same time
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.