[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me some cool Sci-fi movies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: pobrane.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Recommend me some cool Sci-fi movies
>>
go watch the expanse and thank me later

its a sci fi tv show though
>>
>>35761175
Is this another overrated normie piece of shit like The walking dead or Game of Thrones?
>>
File: Scanners.jpg (39KB, 325x486px) Image search: [Google]
Scanners.jpg
39KB, 325x486px
>>35761164
Is Scanners a robot movie and would it count as Sci Fi?
>>
>>35761164
Anything except event horizon.
>>
>>35761213
no, the normies haven't ruined the show yet because it's not that popular

its the best sci fi since BSG
>>
File: 6576576575.jpg (626KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
6576576575.jpg
626KB, 2400x1350px
>>35761164
I like Elysium.
Thought it was weird there weren't many talking about it when it came out.
Not around my parts, anyway.
>>
Invasion of the body snatchers
The Thing
Videodrome
>>
File: 12312421412.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
12312421412.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>35761510
>Videodrome

mfw videodrome
>>
>>35761531
I think it counts as sci fi but if you don't think so ok
>>
Anything Sharknado
>>
>>35761404
>BSG
Call me a normie but that wasn't great. That being said GoT is fucking mediocre and TWD is straight up boring most of the time.
>>
>>35761459
>Elysium.
Aka white people fuck off from earth and non whites still can't get their shit together.
>>
>>35761605
there aren't many sci fi shows that are actually worth a damn, BSG and the expanse are as good as it gets

if you want good shows that aren't sci fi go watch the knick, quarry, rectify, and fargo
>>
File: stalkerdog.jpg (222KB, 1200x778px) Image search: [Google]
stalkerdog.jpg
222KB, 1200x778px
>>35761164
Stalker by Tarkovsky
>>
>>35761644
Well I'm more of a book person. No CGI will ever beat your imagination.
>>
>>35761668
you should read the illuminatus trilogy, anon
>>
>>35761668
the expanse CGI is really sweet, and i usually dont give a flying fuck about CGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhKWeGXduzs
>>
>>35761164
The Host
Snowpiercer
>>
>>35761748
>illuminatus trilogy
Well given how I'm out of things to read I might just take you up on that.
>>
>>35761653
Is it like games?
>>
>>35761755
Forgot, but also District 9, it's my favorite sci fi film.
Oh and also Monsters (2010)
>>
File: moon (2009).jpg (161KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
moon (2009).jpg
161KB, 679x1000px
>>35761164
Probably the most robotic sci-fi movie out there. The guy lives alone on a Moon base mining Helium-3 or whatever.
>>
>>35761794
No but it's one of the best movies ever. I think it's the best eastern european movie ever made.
>>
>>35761804
>District 9
Literal garbage.
>>
>>35761748
And allow me to recommend something back
Blidsight and Echopraxia by Peter Watts if you want something heavier
Odyssey One by Even Curie if you want something lighter
>>
>>35761810
This line sounds like someone on r9k could said that
>>
>>35761826
original rude
>>
File: 51z0SzG2j8L.jpg (39KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
51z0SzG2j8L.jpg
39KB, 338x500px
gattaca is a robot film i think you'll enjoy
>>
>>35761826
kys normie scumm
>>
>>35761175
Bumping for the expanse.
>>35761213
>Is this another overrated normie piece of shit like The walking dead or Game of Thrones?
No actually. I like it because it gives a more complicated view of political factions and doesn't succumb to white=evil, women/minorities = good.
You do have to suffer some irritating idealistic moral worshiping by the "main character", but a lot of the other characters make up for it.
IMHO, worth the watch for the sick scifi battle sequences alone.
>>
>>35761175
remembered seeing this getting advertised like a year and a half ago, looks interesting will give it a go

Anywhere I could watch it in good quality?
>>
>>35761884
Was good. Would bump/10.
>>
>>35761810
This, Sam Rockwell in anything is guaranteed goodness.

Also check out 12 monkeys, the Bruce Willis flick, not the adapted garbage.
>>
>>35761826
This movie was just "don't be racist, accept immigrants" with a hollywood budget. I'm not really even anti immigrant, but I just think district 9 didn't have any creativity.
>>
Started watchung expanse. I guess Belt is commie.
>>
>>35762044
idk i just torrent it

outside of the US the first season is on netflix
>>
>>35762623

earth is america, because they have a divided political structure that we as western viewers can relate to. it tries to serve a noble purpose but is rife with corruption and is forced to commit horrific acts for what they believe is the greater good

mars is the soviet union, a highly-disciplined and community-oriented society, as evidenced by their unifying cause of terraforming mars. they appear to us western viewers as mysterious and a little scary due to their frosty relationship with earth and seemingly passive-aggressive attitude towards earthers. also they red lol

the belt is the third world, disparate workers living hand-to-mouth and being brutalized by both ruling regimes (earth and mars) for strategic value. their physical atrophy, which renders them unable to ever go to earth or mars is a metaphor for their perpetual inability to ever escape their world
>>
>>35762044

streamlord aka the best streaming site ever

i dont understand how it hasn't been taken down but they stream big-name shows and it gets updated extremely quickly

just watch out for malicious ads. the webmaster tries to keep it under control but these places are basically the red light districts of the internet so keep your hand on your wallet and check over your shoulders when you go there if you know what im saying
>>
>>35761810
this movie sucked, it completely failed in the idea it was trying to portray,

>hurr durr its really deep and complex
its not, its just dumb
>>
Moon, arrival, prometheus,
>>
>>35762936
Belt seems to have pretty communist-ish rhetoric
>>
>>35763109

in what way?

they live in squalor, which you could argue is the eventual outcome of communism (but that is a different argument), but the belt lacks any real serious power in the larger earth-mars power dynamic. sure they have their own police force, but it pales in comparison to the mighty fleets of earth and mars.

they run in gangs and are beginning to self-organize under "remember the cant" but this is just angry revolution, nothing like the well-established communist mars system. that is why i compared them to the third world. caught in the earth-mars power struggle and really just trying to find their own identity and improve their situation in any way possible
>>
>>35763164
Another anon.
The belters are pretty much anarchists. Or anarcho-communists.

Mars are really just the rising power. Comparable to wwi America, Third Reich and the USSR.
>>
how come theres no good steampunk movies or tv shows out there?
>>
>>35763785

because steampunk is a meme, just like everything else that ends in "punk"

with the exception of cyberpunk which is usually just dystopian or noir sci-fi

steampunk is a theme slapped on something shitty to make it appear not shitty because it tricks the viewer into focusing on superfluous details instead of the story
>>
>>35761810
Felt it was too drawn out.
Oblivion has the same kind of twist but I felt it was more enjoyable.
>>
>>35762044
Yesmovies.to is what I use, it often has subtitles and I am shit at understanding what people say
>>
>>35764199
the belters can be kind of hard to understand sometimes

they have some weird afrikaans type of accent
>>
>>35761164
If you don't mind series, then Travelers is pretty good. It's made by a group of the same people that made Stargate SG-1. As for movies, I can't say I've seen many good ones recently.
>>
>>35761653
This may be a "good" film, but it's not an entertaining one and will not satisfy if that's what you're after.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.