[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you a Christian /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

File: jesus.jpg (329KB, 561x750px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
329KB, 561x750px
Why aren't you a Christian /r9k/?
>>
>>35751389
I am a Christian. I stopped going to church a while ago though.
>>
File: 1335000778_savarkar.jpg (18KB, 375x175px) Image search: [Google]
1335000778_savarkar.jpg
18KB, 375x175px
>>35751389
>Why aren't you a Christian /r9k/?
because I am a hindu
>>
The Christian God doesn't reward my sacrifices. In fact, he punishes me for wanting to be strong and do what men are supposed to do.
>>
I tried to be but I just can't believe it.

Still go to church and pretend to be one tho
>>
Because I don't believe in fairy tails.

>Heavy dubstep music
>Camera spins while lights flash on the screen
>Snoop Dogg dances on the screen in raining hemp leaves
>Shots literally fired
>>
File: 1488839829295.jpg (78KB, 720x696px) Image search: [Google]
1488839829295.jpg
78KB, 720x696px
>For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.

you need friends to be christian
you need social interaction to be christian.

is not for us i guess.
>>
>>35751427
kek'd. Want to elaborate on that claim? What are men "supposed" to do that's forbidden in christianity?
Also it's common knowledge that the christian god does reward sacrifices, just maybe not the homicidal type you had in mind.
https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-55-true-christian-sacrifices-hebrews-1315-16
>>
>>35751503
Just go to Church

If you just dress nice and are polite you'll make some friends, they're generally very nice people
>>
File: 1479363589321.jpg (85KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1479363589321.jpg
85KB, 800x680px
>>35751389
I want to be a Christian again, I just can't bring myself to truly believe in it though.

I used to be a Catholic, did altar serving, got confirmed and everything. I became a fedoralet at the age of 15 and am 21 now and haven't been back. I want to go back, because it provided me comfort and happiness, but I just can't say I truly believe in it all anymore.
>>
>>35751541
>What are men "supposed" to do that's forbidden in christianity?
Vanquish your enemies, claim the women that rightfully belong to you, take vengeance against those who wrong you. You're supposed to turn the other cheek and take it in the ass like a cuck. Oh and don't even think of doing anything else or you'll face his wrath.
>>
File: 1374000348402.jpg (758KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1374000348402.jpg
758KB, 1500x1500px
>>35751602
I was the same but I forced myself to go one day and the combination of a one on one discussion with the Bishop and being in a Church again rekindled my faith
>>
>>35751389
i'm going to come across as an asshole here but i've prayed to Gods and I've never felt a presense or seemed to get my wish

which isn't to say i deserve it, it's not like i worship all the time

i'm just not good enough to actively participate in a religion and believe in it with all i am
>>
Because I don't believe in god.

All this christfag shit that's been popping up on 4chan in the last few years is pretty embarrassing desu
>>
File: Jesus-Christ.jpg (152KB, 615x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Christ.jpg
152KB, 615x960px
>>35751693
Why do you not like Christianity anon?
>>
>>35751693
explains why ur such a fag "desu"
>>
>>35751962
That's not very nice. You better hope Jesus didn't hear that.
>>
>>35751402
This.

Church is normie central. Jesus would be disgusted imo.
>>
>>35751389
Because it's bullshit

Why do atheists from /pol/ pretend to be christians?
>>
File: 1490016995223.png (1MB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490016995223.png
1MB, 857x1200px
>>35751935
Because a allmighty omnibenevolent and omniscient god would have done a better job at delivering his message.
>>
>>35751402
If I could drive maybe I'd take myself to church more often.

I really want to learn to drive, but I'm kind of afraid.
>>
Why aren't guys you Jewish?
>get to rule the world
>don't have to worship some smelly old hippie
>>
I just cant seem to bring myself to believe it. Ive seen into some of it but just the whole concept of believing something even though all logic points otherwise makes it extremely difficult. Wish i could though, it sounds like it would make my life infinitely better
>>
>>35751389
According to the Christian religion wizards exist. As in, some humans have supernatural magical powers that defy the laws of physics. The Bible also says that the earth is flat, talking snakes and seven headed dragons are real and that people can live for up to 900 years. Who is stupid enough to believe that?
>Over a hundred million people do
>>
>>35752398
The Bible is among our greatest literary treasures. It's not that the delivery was done wrong, it's that the message is silly and counterproductive. Probably it was a necessary disease, and to have civilization come this far, 'twas an investment in failure for the sake of the future. I don't fully grasp this myself, but the Bible is true, if you interpret it perfectly. Grovelling at the feet of their master is good for scum, I think, but who else would buy into that? God said it for a reason, is what I'm getting at, even though higher lifeforms dismiss it on account of what has been said.

Also, why not force everyone to believe in it? Some say that this is akin to Satan's plan. There have to be dissenters for it to even count, for one. Two, not everyone believes in love. The callous folks reap their benefit at a cost: their love. That's it, far as I can tell. In other words relativity colors life itself, and without it you wouldn't even exist. God made the world perfect, and the proof is in the pudding: your life.
>>
>>35753726
>It's not that the delivery was done wrong
A omnipresent beeing should have no issue delivering his message to everybody and not just a few on a tiny piece of the earth.
>I don't fully grasp this myself, but the Bible is true, if you interpret it perfectly.
A perfect beeing wouldn't leave too much room for interpretation it's commands.
The fact that abrahamic religions fight each other should show why too much room for it is a bad idea.
if there is a god he might not be anything like you imagine him to be.
christianity claims that god is omnibenevolent and omnipotent but then he goes and let evil into the world?
Creates humans with the knowledge that they are going to sin and then punish them for it?

>Also, why not force everyone to believe in it?
Sure he lets us have free will despite having a masterplan.
Revealing himself wouldn't really impact free will it would just help us see the truth for ourselves without relying on ancient texts written by other humans.

>God made the world perfect, and the proof is in the pudding: your life
Humans barely scraped by on this "perfect" world until scienctific advances came along.
>>
File: the time for bill is nye.webm (683KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
the time for bill is nye.webm
683KB, 600x338px
>>35751473
legalize crystal fucking weed
>>
I don't believe in God. I don't think Christian metaphysics make sense. Religion isn't about metaphysics though. I was involved with a Christian and he is the best person I have ever met. Very few atheists can claim to be as kind and upstanding as he is. I know I cannot. And I think his faith is a big part of why he is that way.

But he was born into and I wasn't. He is from a very different time and place and he belongs in that community in a way I probably never will. The best I can do is try to find out what such concepts as spirituality, compassion, community, ritual and virtue mean to me and try to embody them to make the world a better place.
>>
>>35751389
it would require me to believe in stuff i find insensible and i just cant do that
>>
>>35754317
>Creates humans with the knowledge that they are going to sin and then punish them for it?

I get my info from multiple sources and haven't finished the Bible yet, but being punished for being, basically, what you were born as, is God's style. Them's the brakes is a phrase I like using in this context. Chances are he didn't create anyone that way, they were bred before God even became God. Of course this would never be revealed in a "holy" text, because it would ruin everything for people to realize it.

>christianity claims that god is omnibenevolent and omnipotent but then he goes and let evil into the world?

Without evil you wouldn't even have a conception of what is good. You couldn't even begin to understand what good meant. Not to mention that evil in fact makes the world better, by introducing a wider array of choices to have on your palette. The game of life would be absurdly simple without it. There would be nothing to do but eat and have sex in the Garden of Eden.

>Revealing himself wouldn't really impact free will it would just help us see the truth for ourselves without relying on ancient texts written by other humans.

He did reveal himself though, through texts. It's not his problem if morons can't see it. Sorry for the harshness, that's just my take on it. Consider that him trying to be incontrovertible in revealing himself a) wouldn't work, and b) would suck for us because it's so anti-immersive as to render all of us extinct, because we wouldn't care about anything but some God who merely wants to observe the big fat nothing that goes on when the universe is in that state. We would all emerge as "flea-beetles" as Nietzsche called them, or extremely petty creatures who have no notion of struggle and only care about peace.
>>
>>35754463
>Not to mention that evil in fact makes the world better, by introducing a wider array of choices to have on your palette. The game of life would be absurdly simple without it
Yeah man. So glad for brain tumors in little children now. Fuck off already. You don't believe this shit and you know it.

Why not be honest and say you like some aspects of christianity even though the concept itself is total bullshit. Read Meditations or something. Will serve you infinitely better
>>
>>35754463
>He did reveal himself though, through texts. It's not his problem if morons can't see it.
That's the most retarded thing of all time. We don't even know what the original texts said because God did such a fucking poor job at protecting his holy book.

>Consider that him trying to be incontrovertible in revealing himself a) wouldn't work
It would. That's just explaining away.

>would suck for us because it's so anti-immersive as to render all of us extinct, because we wouldn't care about anything but some God
Yeah like Moses? Your excuses don't even align with the bible. Clear proof that even people who want to be christian can make sense of it

>We would all emerge as "flea-beetles" as Nietzsche called them, or extremely petty creatures who have no notion of struggle and only care about peace.
We can have just as much life without all the errors and contradictions in the bible
>>
>>35754503
christianity is passionate and the hewbrew god is needy and insecure, stoicism is the very opposite of that, even though some christian texts heavily draw on it. they have different appeals.
>>
>>35751389
I am a Christian, OP.
I'm not a cuck Christian, though.
Fucking Marxists infest everything.
>>
>>35754503
>Yeah man. So glad for brain tumors in little children now. Fuck off already. You don't believe this shit and you know it.

I couldn't care less about random children, and in a sense I am glad that suffering exists in such abundance. For one, a partial measure of one's worth is how much pain he's endured. Second, the powerful wouldn't be powerful without people under them, which is to say people that, on the whole, suffered worse. I don't seek pleasure by staring at people who suffer, but if they didn't exist neither would I. And that's the point: immersion. To have a world that makes perfect sense in the eyes of man.
>>
>>35751389

>tfw became a Christian so I can acquire a pure gf
>tfw all the pretty girls like me because I am the only good-looking guy in the church
>literal anime harem
>tfw I can't choose because I want every single one of them
>tfw I realized I may have come to the wrong religion

WHY GOD? IS THIS A TEST OF FAITH??
>>
>>35751389
Religion is a method of control. All religious people are fucked.
>>
>>35754558
Religion encourages self control though. Even for only that reason I can see why secularism has failed. The modern society encourages destructive hedonism above all else, yet any real Christian would strive to control themselves in the face of temptation rather than give into it.
>>
>>35754531
>That's the most retarded thing of all time. We don't even know what the original texts said because God did such a fucking poor job at protecting his holy book.

The original Hebrew was most likely preserved. The rest you should be able to figure out for yourself, especially in the age of the internet. And I figure 99.9% of religious people are morons who have it all wrong anyway. But I don't speak to those people.

>It would. That's just explaining away.

And what if someone claimed it was Satan who appeared before them? How would you disprove that?

>Yeah like Moses? Your excuses don't even align with the bible. Clear proof that even people who want to be christian can make sense of it

The point was that Moses was privileged. That privilege can't exist for everyone, because we wouldn't have control of our own destinies. Which we don't anyways, but even the illusion of it would vanish.

>We can have just as much life without all the errors and contradictions in the bible

Yeah but it's lame and meant to be avoided. Plus any warmongering species would wipe you out eventually.
>>
why would anyone believe in god when there's no proof of him existing?
>>
>>35754605
Faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
>>
>>35754558
All religious people are fucked.
You're wrong, though. Most religious people are complete normies. And will probably die without even knowing how or what anxiety and depression feels like.
>>
>>35754463
Without evil you wouldn't even have a conception of what is good. You couldn't even begin to understand what good meant. Not to mention that evil in fact makes the world better, by introducing a wider array of choices to have on your palette. The game of life would be absurdly simple without it. There would be nothing to do but eat and have sex in the Garden of Eden.

Why would I need it? Everything would be good because a omnibenevolent god created everything thus everything in existance would be good.
If you are omnipotent and omnibenevolent you also can't allow evil.
So either god isn't omnipotent or he isn't omnibenevolent.
>There would be nothing to do but eat and have sex in the Garden of Eden.
I wouldn't even need to eat since there is no death or starvation right?
>>
>>35754624
>Why would I need it?

As a learning experience. According to the Christian faith that is why we were put on Earth: to learn and ascend to godhood. Toiling away is a part of the process.

>I wouldn't even need to eat since there is no death or starvation right?

Not quite. I don't quite know the details. No death? It's possible, if you took extraordinary care of your body. And whether or not you needed to eat, they did, in Genesis, so.
>>
>>35754658
Why would you need a learning experience?
If god wanted you to ascend to godhood then why didn't he create you like that right away?
>>
>>35754544
>For one, a partial measure of one's worth is how much pain he's endured
Get rekt kids

>I couldn't care less about random children
Yeah sounds very christian

>I don't seek pleasure by staring at people who suffer, but if they didn't exist neither would I
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
How can our eyes be real if children with cancer aren't real?
Get fucked pretender
>>
>>35754703
Well, good question, almost. I actually struggle with this one daily. But I believe there is beauty in the process. Apart from mechanical considerations, such as the universe could under no circumstances sustain infinite Gods for infinite periods of time, life on Earth is fun. Having an actual past is immersion defined. If you didn't have a past, you would either have no memories, or no real memories, i.e. fake ones. To build up to something, to work, to feel nuances, these are precious experiences no amount of sadness could negate. God's goal is pure love, that is to say love of the nuances of existence. All the emotional states combined. My answer isn't perfect, but at the mo I'm about 60/40 that this is how God means it to be, for good reasons.
>>
>>35754590
>The original Hebrew was most likely preserved
Complete bullshit. The dead sea scrolls differ heavily from the masoretic text

>The rest you should be able to figure out for yourself, especially in the age of the internet
Internet has zero to do with it. Read a book you nigger

>And what if someone claimed it was Satan who appeared before them? How would you disprove that?
Pretty sure God can just magically switch my brain to see it's him
>>
>>35751389
You can't pray to Jesus to get laid, but rape is acceptable to God.
>>
>>35754800
>>35754825
Yeah, don't feel the need to bother responding to this crap anymore.
>>
>>35754624
>There would be nothing to do but eat and have sex in the Garden of Eden.
>You can't have a normal life with struggles and work if you don't have bad harvests that leave tens of thousands of people to the most gruesome death and desperation where they start eating each other
You aren't even aware of what you claim to be necessary to live a full life.
My little nephew has zero idea what rape or murder are and I guarantee you he does more in life than eat and have sex

You're the most dishonest person I've ever met.
>>
>>35751389
Is Jesus a lady in boydrag? Or did someone slap a beard on Mary.
>>
File: sunset.jpg (319KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.jpg
319KB, 1600x1064px
>>35751389
>went to catholic school from kindergarten to year 3
>hated it so much I stop believing in God by age 7 and become an edgy fedora tard militant atheist who regularly insults religious people online and IRL by the time I'm 10-11
>it keeps going and up until the age of about 15 I finally mellow out and stop being a dick, but still am an atheist
>that whole time my mum kept telling me that I should go back to being faithful but never could give me a valid excuse why
>18 now, honestly wonder if most adults who are religious aren't just complete idiots who believed in a bunch of fairy tales because they're stupid and rather quite literally needed religion to find some meaning in their empty depressing lives and wonder if most of them even really believe in their religion or just said they did because they needed to and they needed an afterlife and something more to strive for, a reason to be happy, a reason to be a good person, etc.
>>
>>35754871
Look, I'm just trying to portray what I've read in and heard about the Bible. Of course I don't really know what life would be like without "evil", it is impossible for me to begin to imagine. But take your example for instance, bad harvests have nothing to do with what I was trying to say, which is that God is evil because it's fun. Your nephew does more because people have toiled away to provide him with privileges that we all have now (in the first world ofc). So, whatever. Like me or don't, I don't mind. But I think you are misguided, that's all.
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>>35754921
This is what bothers me about these christian revivalists. They take the easy way out and then create a false dychotomy to defend their decision.
>You can't have morality without christianity
>Nihilism is the only alternative
etc.
And then they hide their own doubt and fallacious arguments under smug attitude and insults.

Like when I pointed out we don't have the original hebrew texts and got "don't feel the need to bother responding to this crap anymore" as a response.
>>
>>35754871
You are replying to the wrong guy, just forgot to put the greentext there.
>>
>>35755050
>and got "don't feel the need to bother responding to this crap anymore" as a response.

Because you posted dumb, snide shit like this:
>How can our eyes be real if children with cancer aren't real?

I wouldn't exist in the configuration that I currently exist in, which is the only way to define "me" anyways, because any other configuration would just be the same soul in a different body, which is, for all intents and purposes, a completely different person. The point being that I like people suffering, it brings me joy, because I love the world and perhaps even my place in it. Duh.

As for the Hebrew texts, different people tell me different stories. I have a source I thought was trustworthy, so never cared to do research myself, but I will now that you are questioning it.
>>
>>35751389
Because Jesus is a false prophet
>>
>>35754552
Be Mormon instead.
>>
>>35751389

>Believing in an invisible, omnipresent, omnipotent, space-less, timeless, sky daddy that watches over everything and everyone in 2017
>Believing the only people god "appointed" or "had", or talked to, were Middle Eastern
>Believing someone came to save the world but did barely anything to fix it.

Good one, God.
>>
>>35751389
Because it's a waste, why choose and live based on rules set by 1 (out of the hundreds to choose from that all have the same likelyhood of existing) religion when you can just live, love, and die the way you want to. You only live once why waste most of it believing in something that just stresses other people out like a religion that openly laughs at the rights of others that it doesn't accept.
>>
>>35751389
Because anyone that isn't agnostic is a dumbass and I don't like them. Also, anyone guilty of abrahamic relgion is an asshole.
>>
>>35751582
Unless you look Muslim, the. They'll murder you in your sleep
>>
>>35751389
Cause Im pagan
>>
File: 1490307124378.png (858KB, 916x991px) Image search: [Google]
1490307124378.png
858KB, 916x991px
>>35751389
I would if I could find a church with a more edgy approach to the Bible.
So many ignore it's teachings.
I want a church that goes beginning to end of the Bible each year.
>>
>>35755864
But then they would have to read the parts about hanging any man who sleeps with another man. Which goes completely against today's morals
>>
File: 1489789592815.jpg (57KB, 1039x677px) Image search: [Google]
1489789592815.jpg
57KB, 1039x677px
>>35755893
Yes, hang them, hang them all.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.