[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any robots severely afraid of hell? Does anyone ever feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

Are any robots severely afraid of hell? Does anyone ever feel like the type of person who is predestined to get thrown into the lake of fire for all eternity?
>>
File: whenthefeelshit.jpg (220KB, 1012x1060px) Image search: [Google]
whenthefeelshit.jpg
220KB, 1012x1060px
I wasn't ready for the existential dread.
>>
edginess aside doesn't a "lake of fire" at least sound a little bit comforting?
I mean have you tried imagining nothing forever ever and ever, absolute darkness, a void?
>>
>>35751247
I'm much more afraid of dying before I get to enjoy destroying it.
>>
oh great, another panic attack incoming.

>>35751290
Not even darkness my friend, not even a void, just nothing forever, without even a glimpse of you to conceive it, that's what I'm afraid of.

>>35751247
I prayed to Jesus once, after that he would accompany me for the coming months and help me get my shit together in life, I still can't be sure if it's my psychotic mind that made shit up or if religion is actually for real.

tl;dr: for me, it boils down to the question if religious experience is simply psychosis or if it's grounded in divine reality
>>
>religious experience is simply psychosis or if it's grounded in divine reality
what precisely do you imagine the difference is?
you're afraid of the wrong thing, by the way
a void, nothing forever
my God, there would be nothing comfier, not pleasurable; but torment is the scary part, nothing is just relaxed
>>
>>35751411
>nothing forever, without even a glimpse of you to conceive it, that's what I'm afraid of.
I understand that feel my bro.. overcoming it and remaining content even in the face of overwhelming doubt.. that is the "trick" IMO

have you read anything about eastern philosophies?
>>
>>35751433
>a void, nothing forever
>my God, there would be nothing comfier
depends upon your perception, but both of you are correct
>>
>>35751247
The idea of predestination only works (logically) outside of our current dimensions. You're in control of the life you have now, so make decisions that you know are right.
>>
>>35751247
Hell doesn't exist kid

Wish it did, but it doesn't
>>
File: 1486503739496.png (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1486503739496.png
10KB, 228x221px
>>35751247
>used to be religious and afraid of going to hell
>based all my actions around the belief that God was watching me
>stopped being religious
>still have that constant nagging feeling that I'm being watched whenever I do things that are morally wrong

Spooks too strong desu
>>
>>35751433
>what precisely do you imagine the difference is?
I guess the difference would be if the promises made hold up and I get resurrected after I die. There's no way to tell in this life, if it's a comforting thought my mind made up and re told me, or if it was a divine presence that told me this.

All I know is I prayed once, and my prayer got answered, I heard Him speak in my thoughts for about two months after this, and He helped me getting my shit together in very pragmatic ways, also told me I was gonna life forever and answered all my questions about life. But was it just my psychotic mind that made stuff up? I can't possibly know..
>>
>>35751463
Read much into it, also was big into mindfulness meditation at some point, but to me nothingness or nirvana still sounds incredibly scary to me. If I have one big wish it would be to remain me forever, I don't want to give up on being me.
>>
>>35751247
If you literally believe it, there is something wrong with your mental faculties and you should kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>35751543

>I don't want to give up on being me

why though?
>>
>>35751247
Stop making yourself anxious over stupid bullshit, OP.
>>
If you haven't murdered, rape, tortured, ect. there's still time for your soul to be saved

Go to Church and confess, then just go to Church on sundays, accept Christ as your lord and savior, and avoid sinning (obviously it's not possible to never sin, but that's what confessions are for)
>>
>>35751518
You know it's the voice of God if everything he said conforms to what is in the Bible. It doesn't necessarily have to be word to word the same but it has to have the general idea of what's in the Bible.
>>
>>35751616
what if I want to rape and murder rapists and murderers? Would that bring me down to their level or would I be justified if I can weigh the scales and they really deserve it?
>>
File: 1490203164947.jpg (37KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
1490203164947.jpg
37KB, 500x320px
>>35751585
IN THIS MOMENT I AM EUPHORIC
NOT BECAUSE OF ANY PHONY GOD'S BLESSING, BUT BECAUSE I AM ENLIGHTENED BY MY INTELLIGENCE

Originaliooooooonisimooo
>>
Fuck hell. Personally don't believe anything happens after death, but if I do somehow end up in hell, then that's where I'll be. Might even make pals with the devil if I had the chance. If those are the lemons I've got, then I'll make my fucking lemonade.
>>
>>35751643
Forgiveness is a huge part of Christianity, so I imagine God wouldn't be very pleased with it.
>>
File: 1441988275472.png (440KB, 484x404px) Image search: [Google]
1441988275472.png
440KB, 484x404px
>>35751671
You tell 'em, fellow christcuck!
>>
>>35751619
He told me to get a Bible and start reading the NT, and we read parts of it together. He also told me to not listen to voices in my head unless it conforms with what Jesus says in the bible, and my own inner reasoning, my conscience, so we'd have a three stage fail safe, in case something evil would ever start to talk to me, when I brought up that I'm very suspect of trusting voices in hear in my head..

But I'm very logical and raised as an atheist, so I don't know if even this is enough for me to get fully convinced of things. Well at least I can't call myself an atheist anymore, an agnostic at best, but I tend towards being a believer now.

Still it could also be my culutral environment and my wish to live forever that shaped the voices in my head to be benevolent and basically turn my wishful thinking into a thought voice I could hear in my head that told me that religion was true. From a logical stand point out I can't tell. But I can still try to believe in it.
>>
>>35751713
I never said I was a Christian.. although I was baptized and made 1st holy communion in the Catholic tradition..

But what if we are talking real evil here.. for example Charles Manson. Do you think God wants him alive?
>>
>>35751247
hell isnt a lake of fire

hell is a year of life diagnosed as a vegetable when you actually arent

being able to hear and think and fear but not scream
>>
File: 1428812019753.jpg (69KB, 255x213px) Image search: [Google]
1428812019753.jpg
69KB, 255x213px
I was when I was in my late teens / early 20s. Eventually I just accepted that it was more than likely made up and all the symptoms of hell are metaphorical for lifestyle choices. Don't let anyone persuade you on religion and find your own path of spirituality if you want it. I gave up thinking about this stuff years ago and just landed on being agnostic and choose to never really discuss or think about religion anymore because any religious content you find was man-made
>>
>>35751247
Then get to know God personally then? I know this might sound awkward/taboo but when I used to pray a lot, etc I had prayers answered which were anything but the "placebo" effect so to speak. Just saying.
>>
File: 1468971262970.jpg (28KB, 499x420px) Image search: [Google]
1468971262970.jpg
28KB, 499x420px
>>35751247
not really considering that there's so many different versions of it in different religions, if it is real that means there's a possibility of it being like in media and I could end up with a qt demon waifu. What scares me more is the nothingness that comes after, I've triggered panic attacks trying to imagine what it's like for there to just be nothing once it's over. You're here then not and nothing ever mattered or matters, everyone is just living to experience nothing.
>>
>>35751247
Actually predestination is comfy. It means nothing you do matters so you're free to act as you want. He'll sucks but you don't have freewill so you can't avoid it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.