[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

music feels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1448804858905.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1448804858905.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>there are lifetimes and lifetimes worth of music that you'll never have the time or chance to listen to

>so much rare music that is collecting dust in CDs, casette tapes and vinyl records in someone's attic or basement

>music that was written down on sheets, but never recorded

>music that you can't appreciate because you're biased against it

>music passed down from generation to generation but never written or recorded

>you will never have the chance to learn to play every musical instrument on earth

>you will never meet someone that has the exact same music taste as you

>you will never sing overtone music with a bunch of Tuvan bros
>>
Just listen to something and shut up
>>
>>35745695
share something with me that you enjoy
>>
>>35745660
The same can be said for all mediums of art faggot.
>>
>>35745719
AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAAPTAIN JACK!
>>
>>35745660
99% of music worth listening to has already been discovered desu. If you want to help though you can go crate digging irl or virtually on RYM.

vid related, no one gave a fuck about Sweet Trip in 2003 until someone on 4chan discovered them and now they're considered to be one of the best shoegaze bands on the internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgXm4W_AG0c
>>
>>35745719
Nick Drake

oreganooo
>>
>>35745777
Maybe poetry & spoken word, but for something like painting & sculptures the medium is physical so it is "recorded" by default, unlike music that just passes through the air.
>>
>>35745660
Try to be happy for what you have experienced that other people wish they had
>>
>>35745887
>you can go crate digging irl

I actually do that, there's a comfy local music store in out city and it's pretty much the only thing after the big two franchises got shut down in our country.

I go digging for CDs rather than records, I've found some gold here and there. I gotta invest in a record player though and get to that.

Also that song was enjoyable, funky and relaxing all at once.

>>35745938
I'll check him out

any song in particular?
>>
>>35745939
>you will never see all sketches of art ever made
You're literally retarded for thinking it doesn't apply to any art form. I can create something and never show it to anyone. I can destroy it or delete it. Your mind is so normie tier you can't see this applies to any kind of art form.
>>
>>35746034
Place to Be
Hazey Jane II
>>
File: hifi.jpg (165KB, 1402x931px) Image search: [Google]
hifi.jpg
165KB, 1402x931px
any fellow audiophiles here
>>
>>35746041
There's no need to get upset, but there is a difference.

Poetry, spoken word, music, chants, songs, etc. Those can exist simply in the minds of people and be transmitted from parent to child and never once be pen on paper. Their existence is immaterial and ephemeral

Something like carvings, paintings, etc. Their very existence is physical. You can't show or teach someone your painting or carving technique without actually doing a physical copy of it.

You CAN never show it to anyone or delete it, but it still physically existed.

We have cave paintings from prehistorical times, statues and buildings from ancient times, even written tales. All that music from that time is gone.
>>
>>35746180
>audiophile
>spotify
oppinion discarded
>>
>>35746230
>he doesn't understand the difference between physical and tangible

Sounds physically exist you idiot. Otherwise it would all be in your head and could only be conveyed descriptively through words and other intangible ideas

>you can't show or teach art without doing it
Also you can't show or teach a music technique without actually performing it.
>>
>>35746358
Now now, you're arguing semantics. Yes it's tangible, music is not.

>you can't show or teach a music technique without actually performing it.

its existence isn't tangible, as we established :)

That is the difference, that is why other art media from ancient history are at least partially preserved while music vanished into the aether.
>>
>>35746344
spotify is there for convieiance sake I have a collection of CD and flac and WAV and it still sounds really good
>>
File: 1420059315217.jpg (125KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
1420059315217.jpg
125KB, 1102x967px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ghsoNE2Ig

Song and lyrics convey pretty much how I'm feeling right about now.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.