[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of you actually good at ten key?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: fuckinggay.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
fuckinggay.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
I've always been a fast typist (IMO) going between 80-90 wpm consistently. Well I have a potential full time data entry job but it is ten key not alpha numeric. IT'S SO MUCH FUCKING HARDER!!!

What's worse, to get an interview with job I need to lob 11,000 keystrokes per minute with (as close as possible) to 97-99% accuracy. I am getting frazzled easily and using the /*- really throw me off and it sucks because i have fu king years and years typing but i never use my one hand doing ten key shit.

I was curious if any of you are good at ten key and if you could pass this test. Here is the practice test they guy sent me

http://official-typing-test.com/test/ten.html

It's the five minute complete ten key test

I just did it and I got like 8600 and 88% accuracy. I don't even want to go in and take the fuckign test at this wake, I think i should take the weekend and try to get gud
>>
>>35744483
Yeah, you should take the time to get better at it if it's important for the job and it's a job you want.
>>
The only thing you can do is practice daily. There's no short cut to fast, accurate typing. It's like learning to play the piano.
>>
yeah ten key is a lot different than typing. I can do 180-ish wpm on a good day, but I can't even use my numpad without looking at it.
>>
>>35744483
>I need to lob 11,000 keystrokes per minute with (as close as possible) to 97-99% accuracy

183 keystrokes per second? what the fuck are you on about.
>>
File: 00040upset.jpg (264KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00040upset.jpg
264KB, 1280x720px
>KPH : 5640
>Accuracy 37%
>>
>>35744926
>tfw need a PhD in ten-key with 10 years experience with 183 keystrokes/sec to get a remedial data entry job
>>
File: postem.png (20KB, 769x204px) Image search: [Google]
postem.png
20KB, 769x204px
post your results. My latest attempt. I'm improving! 11,000 is fucking insanely fast
>>
>>35744926
per hour, bite me cuck
>>
>>35744982
that's quite bad. I'm sorry. At least you don't need to pass this test to avoid getting evicted
>>
>>35745064
>>35745088
>>35744982
No, you bite me. Nigger
>>
>>35745242
Posted the wrong test, whoops.

Was a nice warm up.
>>
>>35745254
you're still a fag.
>>
@35745316
>salty OP mad he got BTFO

I'm gonna go ahead and take your job now :)
>>
i never use the numpad ever, just the numbers at the top.
>>
>>35744483
>fast typist
>80-90 wpm

kek
>>
>>35745341
no im salty you had to be a fag by making this comment

>>35744926

you're just an absolute faggot
>>
>>35745511
>(IMO)

You are a fucking faggot
>>
fuck all of you i fucking hate this subreddit
>>
File: temp.jpg (42KB, 1023x228px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
42KB, 1023x228px
didn't use the numpad at all desu
>>
File: temp.jpg (41KB, 1030x235px) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
41KB, 1030x235px
>>35746304
>i will NEVER get a super easy data entry job
>>
File: Capture.png (30KB, 1232x358px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30KB, 1232x358px
did way better than I thought I would do
>>
>>35746458
all these years perfecting the alpha numeric part of the keyboard when i have a chance to get a job they want the fucking num pad god dammit
>>
>>35746304
i don't know if you are allowed to do that when i go in to take the test. It is a lot harder for five minutes, btw. And apparently they expect you to keep up this speed for eight hours a day, 40 hours a week...
>>
>>35744483
>>35746970
I reached only 7k but I'm a shitty ~55 wpm typer, and I felt clumsy and shit the whole time, 11k should be easymode with practice. You're probably using the wrong technique. Also, you can most likely achieve yuge speed gains in a couple days anyway.
>>
>>35747023
he wants me to pass it tomorrow. I'm pretty close and i mean i can master shit like guitar hero so it's not like i am physically incapable but if i had the weekend to git gud i could pass it on monday im fairly certain. But time is of the essense.

I prolly shouldn't be drinking and watching college basketball right now
>>
i got 4800 but i never ever use the numpad.
does that mean i have autism?
>>
>>35747080
oh that's a shitty situation. I think you should just practice it to hell right now and hope for those sleep knowledge gains, you know, when you wake up after having practiced something the day before being suddenly 1000 times better at it.
>>
>>35747023
my technique is correct, for the record. I just need more reps.
>>
>>35747100
no. nobody uses the numbpad. that's why im raging so hard because otherwise i should have this job no problem. I am making gains tho
>>
>>35747140
yeah, good idea. I've been practicing during commercials and shit but i should take this more seriously it is my life and all
>>
IT'S THOSE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING / * - FUCKING EVERYTHING UP FOR ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: FUCK.png (20KB, 852x181px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.png
20KB, 852x181px
fuck i tried real hard
>>
File: funny-wtf-picture-unrelated-10.jpg (63KB, 605x517px) Image search: [Google]
funny-wtf-picture-unrelated-10.jpg
63KB, 605x517px
And I am the opposite--never learned the QWERTY keyboard so my typing is iffy, but I can 10-key like a pro.

> there are only 3 keys per finger and only 3 fingers, get with the program son
>>
>>35748236
you are forgetting /, *, -, 0, . + and enter broheim. So middle finger has four and the ring finger has five.

Yes in theory it should be easier but i am used to using both hands and it is just muscle memory at this point from single digit age. Plus it makes my hand hurt all bad and shit normal keyboard is fine but I'm gonna get real bad carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis if i somehow pass this test tomorrow.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.