[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMORPG nostalgia thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: henesys.jpg (229KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
henesys.jpg
229KB, 800x600px
Come here to discuss when days were better, the days of being completely immersed into MMOs during your youth. Post soundtracks, screenshots of comfy in game areas, share stories of experiences you had exploring and meeting people in game, and how different your life was back then when you had no obligations and were essentially living entirely in some thriving fantasy world.

I've been thinking about those days a lot recently and it makes me incredibly depressed to know I'll never be able to experience it in the same way ever again. Even if I won the lottery and had all the time in the world to spend on MMOs, not only have the communities changed completely, but I am far too cynical to be able to allow myself to become entirely absorbed into the game's world. As adults who have spent so much of our lives playing video games, it's impossible not to dissect a game and think only of exploiting its mechanics to be as efficient as possible when playing. We can't help but metagaming like this, but when we do, it completely ruins the experience. You no longer feel as if you are actually in the game world, making organic decisions based on your personal preferences and observations of the game's world and creating your own unique adventure that is distinct from the other players around you. Instead, we all look to wikis full of datamined info, and create the most efficient cookie-cutter characters, and the game becomes nothing but a grind. No individuality, no sense of exploration, no trial and error, no socializing. This is the current state of MMORPGs, and there is no way to fix it. I can never go back and I want to die.

Sorry for the depressive rambling, I hope this can be a nice thread.
>>
>>35743889
>I can never go back and I want to die.
To tell you the truth.

I am saging this thread for many. Unfathomable reasons.

I have no mind much less a mouth.
And I must scream more terribly than I have ever have before
>>
Yeah I had an archer in maplestory it was comfy.
>>
>>35743889
anyone here used to play conquer online? that shit was fun as fuck
>>
Maplestory was amazing, it had everything to please my autistic needs; chibi anime characters, big numbers, tedious grinding. I loved every class. The best was KPQ though, it was just so comfy co-operating with randos on those nummered barrels and the other quests. Too bad they ruined everything with big bang and I couldn't play it anymore. I played it on private servers for a while too but I've completely worn the nostalgic value out of it through the years. Good memories though.
>>
I'm playing oldschool runescape right now, shit still hasn't lost its charm
>>
File: THE-UNDERGROUND-PASS.png (233KB, 969x1259px) Image search: [Google]
THE-UNDERGROUND-PASS.png
233KB, 969x1259px
>2005
>get bored
>decide to start doing quests raw without any guides
>the underground pass
>fall into the rock maze several times
>forgot arrows/spade/rope several times
>died running past traps instead of unarming them
>fall into the green goop in the pick-lock shortcut
>die in several different booby traps
>finally get to the big room
>unsure what to do
>spend days down in there
>stupid shit gives you damage like trying to open the witch's door
>eventually i figure out you're suppose kill him with a voodoo doll
>fail the final jump like 6 times in a row
>left click inspect doll by mistake
>run around the throne room trying to dodge shit
in the final chamber with the scout i sat at the entrance waiting for my hp to go up, thought there was a final booby trap
i didn't even go to the elf lands after that
>>
File: 1488665198744.jpg (450KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488665198744.jpg
450KB, 1000x900px
Bumping with a comfy soundtrack. Please respond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6LIFBVhObQ
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (94KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2593.jpg
94KB, 1200x630px
Play this. It's very nu-mmo comfy.
>>
File: Flyff-Fly-For-Fun-6.jpg (372KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Flyff-Fly-For-Fun-6.jpg
372KB, 1280x1024px
my computer would get 3 frames per second as i went to open a shop in a town before i went off to elementary school
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.