[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wish I could've fought in WWI or WWII

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: sad.jpg (55KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
55KB, 400x388px
I wish I could've fought in WWI or WWII
>>
Too much BF1
>>
>>35742106
I too wish to die
>>
I've always fantasied about some sort of war or disaster happening 2bh.
All the degeneracy of society would fall apart because everyone would become survivors instead.
>tfw no qt girl to scavenge food with and cuddle together to keep warm in our shelter late at night
>>
>>35742106

same

prefer WW II because WW I was literally just sitting in a trench waiting for artillery blow your face off (majority of deaths were artillery, not small arms)

i have a great uncle who fought and survived both WW I and WW II. That must have been an amazing experience, to travel the continent not once but twice in the biggest war the planet has ever seen, millions dying around you, maybe killed some yourself
>>
>>35742541
>BF
fuck off roastie
>>
>>35742106
>he missed the point of all those war movies
>>
WWIII soon
>>
>>35742618
>All the degeneracy of society would fall apart because everyone would become survivors instead
How can you say that when this 'degenerate' society is the survivor of two world wars that happened very recently? In fact, those wars were what started to get women to vote and take jobs from men to begin with so they objectively made things worse
>>
File: t27.jpg (95KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
t27.jpg
95KB, 700x530px
I'm actually been researching alot about the first world war lately, but I'd rather fight in the second world war.
>>
>>35742618
Not really, all the remaining good men would die while the women stayed at home with the nu-males 'too sensitive to fight'
>>
>>35742624

now if i could be guaranteed to survive either, WW I by far, because WW II was sort of the lame sequal/remake everyone is more familiar with than the original

Remember, at the start of WW I and for several years the cavalry regiments were LITERALLY cavalry, actual horses. The tank was not invented until several years into WW I. Many cavalry men died on horseback charging into machine gun fire, mostly brits, before stubborn officers came to terms with how that aspect of warfare had changed.

An all together amazing time to live in. However, your chances of actually surviving as an infantryman in the regular army fighting from the actual start of WW I to the end is virtually nil, and even then, likely because you spent some time in the back due to minor injures that spared your life in some of the more gruesome battles.

WW II, if you were in the right divisions from the right country, you could very conceivably expect a reasonable chance of fighting infantry through the entire war and survive. Simply madness to expect that in WW I tho.
>>
>>35742675
Against who? America/Russia/China arent going to face off any time soon and after them and Britain there arent many military powers left.
>>
>>35742704

muh nigga, i am >>35742704 fagg

have you read World Undone https://www.amazon.com/World-Undone-Story-Great-1914/dp/0553382403

for 25 bucks you can get a really good narration on audible, it is fantastic describes the politcal climates of each participant leading up to the war, also the major movements and some intimate details of major battles, as well as personal bios on the the major leaders of the countries and generals/commanders. All woven together in really incredible fashion that makes it entertaining and easy listening/reading.

The audio book is some 30 hours long, so basically you are paying around 75 cents per hour for very good narrator (one of the best) to read of one of the best overviews of WW I.

Cannot recommend highly enough. I understand so much more about WW II now as well, such as the blitz basically just being the von schlieffen plan that was created even before WW I and modified was actually used in WW I (hitler basically ran the same gamble and lost again) but it does into enough depth to explain the personalities involved, von schlieffen, his successor during WW I who changed it's core tennant (KEEP THE RIGHT STRONK!!) and debate on whether this was necessary due to shifts in power between france and russia or whether he really did ruin it by compromising the right..

good stuff i could ramble forever
>>
I think i would have loved to be a pilot or a tanker maybe paratrooper in WW2. Though i wouldn't want to fight on the Pacific front. Oh and it would suck to be a soviet infantry.
>>
File: join-ww1-they-said_c_1401607.jpg (74KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
join-ww1-they-said_c_1401607.jpg
74KB, 500x374px
>>35742916
Yeah I'll give it a listen, thanks. I assume you've heard of the Great War channel. Do you enjoy their coverage of detail.
>>
>>35742675
>he doesn't see the coming war of US, Europe, South Korea, Israel vs Russia, China, North Korea, Syria

It is coming m8
>>
>>35743352

I have not before u mentione it. It looks like a good overview and means of reinforcing the broader sequence of events. Tbh I think I might get a map so I can keep things straight in my head. Possibly a timeline.

That is my one complaint about Undone, especially as an audiobook, it is difficult to keep some thing straight in ur head. Because the storytelling is so interesting this doesn't actually keep a listen from being very intruiging, but I think there is another level to access in terms of detail if you use visual aids like a map and timeline/list of important figures to reference.
>>
>>35742541
I don't play casual shit
>>
>>35744804
KSP only
>>
We lost a lot of good poets in WWI bc for some reason they all wanted to fight in it or the Spanish civil war. This helped give rise to the beat/postmodern nightmare.
>>
I wish I didn't exist.
>>
>>35742715
>implying the women would sleep with the nu males

All the chads that stayed behind would get laid like crazy, obviously. But the testosterone-saturated veterans would come home eventually and have a monopoly on the pussy market, fucking these millennial feminazis into submission and spreading their "toxic masculinity" genes and maybe getting this shit society back on the right track.
>>
>>35742677
The war made the women strong and loyal. The peacetime since then has made them shitty.
>>
>>35742771
>britain a military power

Now that's a good one. Nice try, you fucking redcoat. Go sip your tea and eat your crumpets, and then complain that the crumpets are too dry and that your government isn't letting in enough refugees.
>>
An American Civil war would be pretty cool.
And if America did it, Lord knows that European countries would start.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.