[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musically-inclined Bots, I need your help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: r9k music chart2.jpg (110KB, 850x1000px)
r9k music chart2.jpg
110KB, 850x1000px
It seems like I've been seeing a lot of music threads lately, so I just wasted like an hour of my life making an "essential robot-core" chart. I think I probably should have included more black metal and OST/vidya music, particularly under the turbo autism section. But what do you guys think? Do you think this is accurate at all? What albums/categories would you prefer to see? I was trying to make sure all the albums are normie-proof, but there are probably a few exceptions, i.e. red house painters, lsd and the search for god, low, tim hecker, etc.
>>
>>35740083
fuck, a lot of these albums have potential to be normie: OPN, grouper, Sunn o))), carissa's weird... nothing is pure anymore guys, nothing. definitely should have included more noise and black metal and dungeon synth.
>>
I passionately hate every single album in the /suicidally depressed/ section.
If you like that sort of cuck music, you really should consider killing yourself.
>>
File: xysma.jpg (40KB, 557x369px) Image search: [Google]
xysma.jpg
40KB, 557x369px
>>35740143
>cuck music
lol'd. if you think arvo part is cuck music, you're beyond redemption. I can kind of understand what you're trying to say, like they're just blatantly depressive without any subtlety, but what would you recommend as good un-cucked suicidally depressed music? dsbm? dark ambient? slam death metal? grindcore? fuck i totally forgot to include grindcore. easily one of the most untouchable genres to norman-cultures.
>>
I think you did good on some parts like RHP and the entire "I haven't left my house in two years" section but this chart definitely has room for improvement. Personally I think Carissa's Weird is the worst slowcore in the history of the genre. The turbo-autism chart is off, Autechre's most autistic(read: best) and inaccesible album is obviously Confield and why is Ryoji Ikeda in there? Art-music=/= autism. Oneohtrix Point Never is just normie 'wow so experimental' and shouldn't be there. Maybe you could work a Foetus album in the edgy section too. Just some thoughts
>>
>no daniel johnston
>Lived as a nerdy outcast troughout his childhood
>In college, fell madly in love with a girl that rejected him and ended up marrying another man
>Diagnosed as bi-polar and manic depressive, later they would found out that in reality he was a schizophrenic
>Wrote and composed incredibly good music, known by its incredibly heart-warming sincerity
>as the years go by his health gets worse
>currently lives with his parents, can't play music anymore cause his mental health don't allow him to
>never had a gf, almost certain evidences that he remains a virgin
>he still loves the same girl he loved when he was 20 and now he knows he will be alone forever

His best album (imo) is overshadowed by one of his weaker works because chad cobain of nirvana wore a shirt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkB2YwVTYE
>>
>>35740292
Sorry for being a dick, anon. I actually like the rest of the chart, it's just that I really hate slowcore and similar genres.
>would you recommend as good un-cucked suicidally depressed music?
Dunno, man. I usually listen to noise when I feel depressed, but there's already some noise music on your chart, sooo idk
>>
>>35740308
good points. the carissa's weird album is just personal to me, and i can't listen to it without losing it, but not because it's well made in any respect. i couldn't decide on an autechre album, confield is up there for me along with exai, quaristice, untilted, amber, gantz graf..fuck it they're all good. i think gantz graf might be the most autistic, but confield is a more obvious and well-known choice.

I included Ryoji Ikeda because it's one of my personal favorites. It's extremely emotionally barren and purely aesthetic, which to me is what a more honest depiction of what a true (not meme) autist would listen to.

Honestly I had no fucking idea what to include for the tfw no gf. I rarely listen to lyrical music these days, and when i do, the lyrics are barely intelligible.
>>
File: 3247530.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3247530.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
Anyone here like /emo/?

Some of my favorite tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiI8TYXGpJ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4pp_p-KSw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dfJQb1y2RI
>>
>>35740387
this

daniel johnson is literally the only robot musician I know. Nick Drake comes close, but he just pales in comparison.
>>
>>35740387
fuck you're right. i completely forgot about him. thanks for reminding me.

>>35740454
sometimes (rarely) i get in the mood for slowcore. it does get pretty fucking boring, and i rarely listen to music for emotional reasons these days. agreed, noise/power electronics/grind are ideal for depression, but i wanted to try to keep the categories slightly more objective/relatable.
>>
>>35740083

I don't know why that Tim Hecker album is considered apathetic. Hecker's music is very dramatic to me.
>>
>>35740595
I thought about including some emo, but my taste is pretty basic (normie) when it comes to emo, i really love rites of spring and cap'n jazz though. that old gray song is fucking good man, that voice is perfect.
>>
>>35740651
that album, aside from a few tracks, make me feel pretty cold. but you have a point, with tracks like chimera and dungeoneering, it seems like it can hardly be considered apathy-inducing. good point. i just wanted to include some hecker as he's one of my favorites, and i think his music is pretty robotic
>>
>>35740387
I've had too many brushes with psychosis to listen to Daniel Johnston without crying. Fuck man.
>>
https://youtu.be/78yDL2T4QC4

>tfw no tractor-driving Aryan gf
>>
Listen to Xasthur, some great Black Metal songs.
>>
>>35740387

Daniel Johnston is going on tour boyo, seeing him at green man : ^ )
>>
>>35742097
hell yeah, he's one of my favorite usbm artists easily. good taste. nocturnal poisoning and telepathic with the deceased are so fucking top tier.
>>
>>35740387
The Story Of An Artist is the best song ever written
>>
needs
>daniel johnston
>nick drake
>>
File: 1485007954906.jpg (33KB, 637x476px)
1485007954906.jpg
33KB, 637x476px
>>35740083
>essential robot-core
robot music doesn't exist since unless it's a solo act all music is made by normies and if your talking about lyrically then plenty of mainstream music could be classified as robot tier, you may as well rename the chart to circlejerk core
>>
80s Hair Metal. Like Dokken and Ratt.

Also 80s gothic rock like Bauhaus, Christian Death and Sisters of Mercy.
>>
>>35740083
Put Modern Jester by Aaron Dilloway in the havent left the house tier
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.