[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reading fiction actually better than playing video games?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1481968230872.jpg (428KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1481968230872.jpg
428KB, 960x1280px
Is reading fiction actually better than playing video games? I was reading a book yesterday and I didn't feel like doing that and jerking myself off for it was a more productive use of time. Why did we collectively decide it is? Would I actually be better off reading twice as long and playing no games instead of doing half as much of each?
>>
>>35740046
Jesus Christ I either need more of that image or a source right now.
>>
Any kind of entertainment is a waste of time no matter how you cut it.. Dont try to justify which of the time wasters is better.
>>
bookfags are just as bad as vidyafags, it's just entertainment and a waste of time
>>
>>35740118
The plug is a Haka or a knockoff. The lingerie looks like the kind sold by Frederick's of Hollywood, but could be from elsewhere.
>>
File: 1482243599873.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482243599873.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>35740167
and how do you know this, anon?

oreganol
>>
>>35740046
damm i love those panties they're so cute
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88ZRQ9K4Yo
Fucking zombies
>>
>>35741359
This is dumb though, lots of people draw a blank when suddenly put on the spot with a camera filming them
>>
>>35741632
Naming a book should be easy though, that's no excuse
>>
>>35741652
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yiCyjRgXw0
>>
If reading is so good, why does it feel like eating sugar? I do it, but why does it feel like that?
>>
>>35740130

If you're reading fiction with the intent of learning the elements of craft and character and plot and dialogue, because you intend to write a novel or short story yourself and are serious about it.. then no, it is absolutely not a waste of time. Most writers learn by copying others.

Vidya and movies, on the other hand, are more of a waste of time UNLESS you are a film student or some one who plans to work in the game industry as coder, designer, storywriter...

With those, however, you need more resources.. whereas anyone with a writing utensil and paper can write fiction from the start.
>>
>>35741652
Not really, I remember one time in school in like first or second grade, math teacher asked me something super simple like 1+2 and I couldn't answer because I literally couldn't think at all, from being put on the spot. Despite the fact that I was actually very good at maths
>>
>>35740130
Depends on what you're reading. If it's John Green and his ilk, then yes. If it's something a bit more literary, then probably not. A good novel is more than just a story or a time killer.
>>
>>35741790
Well most people aren't like that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.