[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going for an interview tomorrow It says in the ad that they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1472600513243.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472600513243.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
Going for an interview tomorrow

It says in the ad that they want someone who is

- communicative
- Service minded
- Good at solving problems

What if you're not these things? Should I just lie I mean most people lie anyway right?
>>
Lie of course. Prepare a story for a time there was a problem and you used initiative to fix it. And a story for when you received great service/gave great service. Make eye contact, dress well, sit up straight and smile.

I interview a lot of people and can help a bit if you have any questions? What position are you applying for?
>>
Use STAR method. Explain situation, task to do, actions you took, results you got. Pretty obvious but a good reminder.
>>
>>35736858
It's for a 1st line support job at a big company.
They said you don't need any experience in support, so I guess they will mostly go on personality.

There is no special dress code so I guess t-shirt and chinos will do? They even said you can wear shorts in the office.
>>
>>35736858
Not OP but I am interviewing for student IT job position in a few weeks

Experience with the following is highly desirable:
Computer hardware installation
Software installation/Repair/Troubleshooting
Virus/Malware Removal
Printer troubleshooting
Networking knowledge
Router set-up and configuration
Experience with iOS and Android devices
>>
If you have the wrong personality, it's lie, very limited entrepreneurship possibilities, or starve.
>>
>>35736814
the only valid thing a job ad asks for these days (for entry level jobs) is a degree or level of education in a valid field

eg - must have a degree in statistics, mathematics, or quantitative discipline

Years of experience, long lists of programming languages you're supposed to know, all of that is bullshit (unless it is not an entry level job)

everybody bullshits their ass off, it's expected.
>>
>>35736814
>>35737104
watch this video - this is tech sector specific

strategies for companies to get cheap h1b workers (including placing an ad with an impossible list of requirements, then getting an indian agency to doctor their candidates' resume exactly to it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU
>>
>>35736943
>They said you don't need any experience in support, so I guess they will mostly go on personality.

Your example answers to questions don't necessarily have to be from past jobs, but it's better to be overprepared. If they mention specific traits it's very likely they'll ask you about them. If they feel like your trustworthy they're also much more likely to not ride you throughout probation when you do get the job.

>There is no special dress code so I guess t-shirt and chinos will do? They even said you can wear shorts in the office.

Wear a plain button up shirt. Then you can relax after you see what it's like. Don't overdo it but most of an interview is proving that you're a capable and trustworthy person. Show that you take pride in yourself, good hygiene reflects that.

Also if they offer you a glass of water, politely accept it.
>>
>>35737449
Oh and also, have a question for when they ask if you have any for them. Just don't make it about money or hours, things like asking if there's a possibility of progressing in the company in the future with consistent work. Shows you being communicative and hints that you have loyalty to the job and won't just leave.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.