[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a loser if I only watch dubbed anime?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2783.jpg (30KB, 388x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.jpg
30KB, 388x370px
Am I a loser if I only watch dubbed anime?
>>
>>35726929
I can assume you're a loser, but the dubbing is only circumstantial to it
>>
Absolutely. I don't want to see your faggot ass on /a/ contributing to threads either.
>>
No. You're a loser because you're on r9k.
>>
I don't know if I could ever unironically watch a dubbed anime.

Maybe a Ghibli film because I grew up on those.

you're a loser either way.
>>
>>35726929
depends
what dubs did you watch
>>
>>35726929
Unlike live action, there is no true original. It's really one dub vs another dub. Sometimes the English language dub is better, particularly when it has a higher budget and/or American characters.
>>
>>35727255
technically it's all dubbing, but often the original will match mouthflaps to the voice actors, instead of making the voice actors match the mouth flaps
>>
>>35727282
Doesn't some anime have mouths re-animated, because anime chins don't move because it's cheap shit you shouldn't waste your life on?
>>
>>35727307
anime is produced as cheaply as possible. And life is a waste no matter how you live it.
>>
File: 1449645472128.jpg (22KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1449645472128.jpg
22KB, 615x409px
>>35726929
Yes.

Only idiotic, ignorant Western swine with no conception of the original authors' aesthetic would watch dubbed anime. You are not only a tasteless pig who will never get to see the full experience as intended, but also dragging the artwork into the mud of your pathetic bitch ass nigga existence.

inb4 "The English dub sounds better" or some other kind of bullshit. No. Fuck you.

*tips fedora*
>>
>>35726929
no but you're a loser for posting disgusting 3d trash
>>
>>35726929

who is this cute girl? reminds me a slut i fugged back in HS in 06.
>>
File: 1330893607122.jpg (209KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1330893607122.jpg
209KB, 1920x1200px
>>35726929

I used to be hardcore japdub only, but I've come to appreciate a lot of english dubs lately. If there's a lot of japanese names involved, english shouldn't touch it, especially americans can't pronounce jap names and other stuff for shit, a case study is Rurouni Kenshin with its "amakakarooo rooo nah haramaka". But if there's a lot of english names it may work out in some cases, stuff like Bebop and Panty& Stocking I'd say is better in english, Bebop mainly due to Spike's godly VA, and in the latter Garterbelts ebonics just work way way better for his characters, and the dirty humor is better too.
Some stuff is technically much better in english too, the nips have problems with environmental sounds at times, in stuff like Laputa or Metropolis, as soon as someone shouts something in an open area the japdub sounds pretty much like they've been recording in a fucking bathroom, while the english dub usually has the correct acoustic.
>>
>>35726929
This girl looks like one of my paintings come to life. Like, every feature, every single one.
>>
>>35726929
I actually prefer dubbed unless it's been edited too much, such as heavy censorship or having the localizers' favorite memes and/or politics shoved in. I think a lot of Japanese voice actors, female ones in particular, are really grating.
>>35727282
Anime just has the mouths opening and closing because it's cheaper and faster than actually syncing it to the voices. That's why Abridged series exist: they could be saying anything.
>>35727307
My mom thought that cartoons like Family Guy moved so little because they were completely re-animated for each language they were dubbed in.
>>
>>35726929
Yes you're a complete fag and a retard
>>
>>35727432
A lot of the worst dubs are the result of flying over the Japanese voice director who doesn't know English to any functional degree.
>>
I'll watch the English dub until they throw in some annoying forced Southern accent or 'loli' voice. Then I'll go back to the sub with the volume turned down low.
>>
File: 1490248793879.gif (251KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1490248793879.gif
251KB, 700x525px
I actually will not watch an anime without an English dub. Reading the entire time gets old really fast, makes you miss the animation, and makes you focus exclusively on the screen. Also 90% of the female voice actresses for the Japanese dubs are like nails on chalkboard.
>>
english dubs are so god damn terrible, what's wrong with you lunatics
>>
You're a loser for watching anime at all
>>
The only anime I enjoyed in English was Panty and Stocking. I personally think the English dub was better because it fit the animation style more than Japanese since it looked like American animation.
>>
Only Anime I prefer the dub to was Cowboy Bebop, but that one's a bit of a given since even the creator said he preferred it
>>
>>35726929

>Watching anime
>Not being a loser
>Being a male

Pick 2 our of three
>>
File: IMG_0746.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0746.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>35726929
Yes, dub is monotone, and usually the voice actors don't grasp the emotions fully
>>
File: revy.jpg (143KB, 850x1239px) Image search: [Google]
revy.jpg
143KB, 850x1239px
I don't know how someone could watch Black Lagoon and honestly think that the original Japanese was better than the English dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-AdVb1ijLk
>>
>>35729106
this

olilinal
>>
>>35729106
What if he watches Nazi anime? Is he still a loser?

>>35726929
subs > dubs
>>
>>35726929
it depends, there's some exceptions

cromartie and bebop are way better dubbed but they're big exceptions to the rule. bebop literally employed every good english animu voice actor that existed at the time
>>
File: 1323028063892.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1323028063892.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
>>35726929
>dubbed anime
>dubbed anime
>>
>>35726929
Have you seen ghost stories?
That dub was funny
TFW you have a 5th grader talking about smashing prostitutes
>>
I've been skimming the surface of anime for about a year now watching shows like cowboy, space dandy, ghost in the shell and im finally ready to dive fully into anime.
Can someone recommend me the most enjoyable weaboo anime?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.