[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /tryingtofixtheirsleepschedule/ here? Shit is fucking hard.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: 1488196601761.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488196601761.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
Who /tryingtofixtheirsleepschedule/ here?

Shit is fucking hard.
>>
My work schedule makes me switch between nights and days every two weeks desu
>>
>>35724517
Its 4:30am here now and im about at the point where i can go to sleep. My sleep schedule couldn't be move fucked.

Trying to go to sleep early never works. All i can do is stay awake as long as possible to try and correct it.
>>
>>35724517
Its at the point where I sleep as soon as I get home from work then stay up until work
>>
>>35724517
Weird, I actually am for the first time in my life and I find this thread. My sleep schedule is usually go to bed around 5am and wake up at 1pm. Personally, I love it a lot because being awake between 1am-5am is the comfiest and happiest I will be throughout the day. But it's really fucking up parts of my life by missing an entire morning. Last night I went to bed at 3am for a change, tonight I'll try 2am.
>>
resetting mine currently. Its fairly easy, given I've done it about a hundred times by now.

Just pull an all nighter and stay up all day the next day, until you are so exhausted you can't stay awake any longer. Do this later and later each time until eventually you get to bed at a reasonable time. Its how I do it. Its 2:30pm here and I've been up since 5pm yesterday.
>>
>get up at 8 in the morning, have a productive and busy day
>fall into bed absolutely exhausted at 2am
>Wake up at 4am, still exhausted, can't sleep anymore
>have an important appointment at 8

Why does this keep happening? I have entire weeks where I have to operate on 2-3 hours of sleep. Ironically if I have a week off and just neet it up I sleep fine.
>>
>>35724528
that's fucked up, you shouldn't do that it's bad for you anon~
>>
File: 324.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
>have been going to bed around 7 am and waking up around 5 pm for several years now
>darkness surrounds me
>the moon is my sun
>>
>cycle is fine for weeks
>one night I just can't sleep
>cycle is ruined
>>
>>35725757
I'm pretty used to it by now, first few days are hell but the rest are fine.
>>
>>35725569
I can never do that. By 10am I have a raging migraine and need to lay down, then I fall asleep and wake up at 6 or 7 pm.
>>
I sleep 17 hours a day so there is nothing to fix.

t. Narcoleptic
>>
File: 1487316100377.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
1487316100377.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
why do you stay up?
>start playing dark souls, end up playing until dawn
>smoke weed and binge eat
>waiting for a (you) or thread 404
>>
>stay awake until 9pm the next day
>do this by drinking lots of alcohol and coffee and playing vidya
>"hard"
it's not good for you OP but in no way is it difficult unless youre 15 years old
>>
>>35727295
>why do you stay up?

Cause I can't fucking sleep. Most of my life was spent in bed trying to fall asleep. Otherwise, I usually stay up just because I like being up late at night, it's peaceful and there is little anxiety.
>>
File: 1489158144100.png (128KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
1489158144100.png
128KB, 581x443px
Howdy. I know lots about sleep.

Clinically. If you'd like to ask me questions i can probably help, if you give me enough information.

Number one rule about sleep is that it won't really be restorative to your mental or physical exhaustion if you haven't stressed your body, or mind. Absorption of nutrients and rebuilding of torn muscle is one of the key components to a restful sleep.

I'd say 90% of your sleep schedules could be fixed with routine exercise, which focuses on morning exercises.
>>
>>35727346
is this real? my life doesnt have room to be lied to about how to sleep well.
>>
File: 1489953540235.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489953540235.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>35724517
Tell me about it. It's even harder when you know you have a deadline.

Otherwise if you have like a whole month, or at least 14 weeks, you just go to bed when you're fucking tired and wake up whenever.

I do this it takes me about 10-15 days, like a decal of 2 hours a day.

I had 2 months of hell not long ago trying to force shit because I had a deadline. It did the opposite of working good. Even went to the hospital because I thought I fucked myself up.
>>
I've been on a good sleeping schedule but tonight i feel like ruining it.

Kinda wish I had weed.
>>
>>35724517
I've never had trouble fixing my sleep schedule, just pull an all nighter and then the next day go to bed at the correct hour of the night. Should reset you to the right time frame easily enough, it does for me.
>>
File: 1464553944539.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1464553944539.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
>>35724517
I've given up it'll just inevitably get fucked again
>>
>>35725874
that must be top comfy

any wisdom for us mere mortals wizardanon
>>
File: 1488420401130.jpg (19KB, 214x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488420401130.jpg
19KB, 214x400px
>>35727378
>Is this real.
M8 if you're not actually using your body, then the function of sleep becomes physiologically irrelevant.

The hormones in your body that tell you to sleep, due to exhaustion, won't be strong enough to signal that you're in need of it. However, due to the internet, and other distractions, mentally, you will be in a heightened state of arousal. Your limbic system is going nuts.

If you want to sleep effectively, you need to exercise both your mind and your body in a way that encourages hormone production of those that tell you to sleep.

Ergo; Exercise, and perhaps spend less time on the internet. Bright lights are fucking awful for your brain before sleep.
>>
File: 1487872122881.jpg (150KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487872122881.jpg
150KB, 1366x768px
>>35727295
>Lack of impulse control, Vidya/fapping > work/research
>Desire to be numb during the day, makes things "easier"
>Still not over ex and the breakup, now just a shadow of it but my body and mind are fucked
>Melancholia of late night beats and failure
>Unshakable vibe of an unsure future
>Memories of past regrets or things I'm trying to shake off keep popping up
It's 1 am, and trying to fix my schedule. Instead I'm on this site. This is not a way to live.
>>
I feel like shit if I don't get 12 hours or more of sleep and it doesn't help that I'm always sleeping at 5-6 am everyday
>>
>went to bed at 5am
>woke up at 1pm
>stayed up an hour and went back to bed
>wake up again at 7pm
what the fuck is going on here
>>
>>35727803
that's actually how our ancestors slept, the whole 8-9 hour in one big step isn't supposed to be, although the 5am-1am is a bit too long for that
>>
>>35724517
It's not a complete disaster like it was about a year ago. This kind of thing used to be typical:
>wake up at 6am refreshed and rested
>odd but ok
>go about my morning
>an hour later it's still dark out
>look at clock
>it's pm
>oh

now I usually fall asleep around 3 or 4 am and wake up around 11 am

>>35725569
I used to do this all the time but failed to stay awake long enough about 70% of the time
>>
>>35724517
I'm sleeping now to wake up at 5:45

Have an accountability buddies and if groups dont work, tell your one friend you will send them a dollar if you don't wake up.
>>
>>35724517
Staying up until I feel numb is one of the few waking breaks I get from how shitty I feel most of the time.
>>
Me
I found the easiest way to do it
is not to go to sleep earlier
but instead progressively stay up later and later until you are finally waking up at the right time then set an alarm and force yourself to have a bed time
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.