[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have any mental illness? How is it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

File: 1489957350320.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489957350320.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone here have any mental illness? How is it?
>>
File: CPPliftUEAIfxhe.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CPPliftUEAIfxhe.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
bipolar.

it's very manageable. like diabetes but with a mortality rate approaching the french foreign legion.
>>
I'm bipolar. It fills me with incredible shame.
>>
I'm niggr
>>
>>35723042

Cyclothemia

It's pretty good. I just have to avoid alcohol.
>>
>>35723042
Schizophrenia without the delusions
All I hear is perpetual screaming without the meds.
>>
I have Social Anxiety Disorder - To the point where the sound of my alarm waking me up to go to work in the morning (and be around people for 8 hours) causes waves of terror to rush through me.

Also, depression.
>>
I have extreme apathy, lack of interest in relationships with other people, problems in speech and expression, depression and brief periods of euphoria (with the awareness that I am trash), repetition of the same tasks.

I do not know what I have. But the symptoms are strong.
>>
Bipolar type 2 with dysthymia, generalized anxiety disorder, marijuana induced schizophrenia (practically the biggest meme in the DSM), 16p INTJ-A

My anxiety is literally so fucking bad that I cannot speak without sounding like a god damned 5 year old.
>>
lotta bipolars here, i like.

biploar 1 here, other symptoms include paranoia in which i feel like someone or something is constantly hunting me and is going to violently murder me.

currently in a depressive episode, these could be my last few days alive, AMA
>>
>>35723042
I have a lot of the symptoms that have already been listed. I couldn't get out of bed for 2 months at some point 2 years ago because panic attacks were in full force. But i'd still rather continue dealing with this bullshit myself than see a doctor about it and sacrifice my sense of self competence.
>>
>>35723615
sounds like something along the lines of schizoaffective disorder, its treatable if you get diagnosed
>>
>>35723042
social anxiety, gender dysphoria and depression. It's pretty bad right now.
>>
File: P_20170314_205257_2_1.jpg (360KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170314_205257_2_1.jpg
360KB, 1600x1200px
Tons of fun, fampai.
Became a neet, tried to kill myself, escaped a mental hospital, throw up from interacting with people.
Anxiety, depression and ocd.
But diagnoses are a meme desu, I've just had a shit life and I don't have the energy to turn it around.
>>
>>35724111
I'm amazed you can even post.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12581497 also glhf
>>
>>35724158
Did you know that your poor elaboration may be a result of your OCD behaviors?
>>
>>35723615
that's basically all the negative symptoms of schizophrenia
>>
>>35723042
>Schizophrenia
>Autism
>Gender Dysphoria
>Treatment-Resistant Depression

I'm on a lot of meds and I'm still a delusional genderbent freak.
>>
>Avoidant PD and maj depression
It's sad and I feel numb. But at the same time it's very comfy desu
>>
>>35724105
>>35724237

I have symptoms of schizophrenia, but I do not have delusions and hallucinations. I can change positioning easily based on logic, or if I see that it makes some sense. I believe my thoughts are based on reality. I'm an agnostic.

But socially I am a disaster, in addition to speaking short sentences when I am with other people, even my family. This since childhood.

I was extremely violent as a child, fighting physically with everyone, even teachers. Then I was controlling myself until I was currently apathetic.
>>
>>35724051
Is bipolar kind of the default fuckup diagnosis? Seeing how common it is is kind of worrying me desu.

I've been seeing a therapist weekly for six months and he says I have Biploar type 2 and is trying to set me up with a psychiatrist so I can get meds.

Is it legit?
>>
>>35724620

i believe it is the most common mental illness besides major depressive disorder.

what do you mean by legit? if you mean is it a legit mental illness then lol. yes it is legit.

if you mean is your diagnosis legit, i can't say. bipolar can definitely be mis-diagnosed. if you tell your psych that you have mood swings (big highs and big lows), have problems maintaining stable relationships and jobs then yeah he'll probably say you're bipolar.
>>
>>35724620
Meds are a joke. Bipolar is something that 40-50% of major depressive disordered people get diagnosed with later on.
>>
Clinical Depression, it's all good while I have my medications and don't spend too much time alone.
>>
>>35724725
That's the problem. Everything's pretty accurate except the mood swings shit which is like the main basis of bipolar.

My main "problems" are I have absolutely zero social interactions and furthermore no desire for social interaction. I don't have or want friends/a girlfriend.
I don't like work. I have absolutely no hobbies beyond listening to music, reading ocassionally, and spending 18 hours a day sleeping or browsing the web.

I feel like I'm pretty emotionless too. I don't necessarily want to die, but I wouldn''t be disappointed if my life cut short. I'm pretty much in a constant state of limbo.
>>
Did you really ask how it is? ...Jesus christ that is a stupid fucking question..
>>
>>35723042
>autism

it doesnt affect my life in a huge way because I'm indoors whenever I can choose to be. Talking to people in person is pretty hard for me as well but I've never been much of a talker anyway.
>>
>>35723042
>autism
>extreme bipolar
>general anxiety disorder
>moderate to severe social anxiety disorder

I can't even go to the shops until my pantry is totally empty because I'm too scared I'll get lost or I'll have to talk to someone or something embarrassing will happen. I only leave the house under threat of force or starvation.

I can't see anyone or do anything without fucking up or feeling like I fucked up.
>>
Schizophrenia and antipersonal personality disprder.

It's manageable most the time.
>>
>>35724427
>but I do not have delusions and hallucinations

is it still considered schizophrenia then or just schizoid or schizotypal?

>speaking short sentences when I am with other people, even my family

I do this too, but I figured it was just because I have social anxiety.
>>
Agoraphobia. It's like social anxiety except you get panicked about doing anything that isn't being camped up in your bedroom.
>>
it doesn't matter what i have, i'm going to end it as soon as pops kicks the bucket

no reason to make him bury me or inherit my student loan debt
>>
>>35725029
Kekistan, anon.
>>
>>35723042
I have keratosis pilaris which means the back of my upper arms are full of weird little red bumps that are full of keratin and I can spend hours pinching them and letting little geysers of white keratin explode out of them. I think I also have it on my ass but I can't really excavate them there.
>>
Major depressive disorder, nothing else I guess. I've had suicidal ideation and severe depressive episode since right about the start of adolescence, 24 now and no treatment has been effective. I will kill myself when my mom dies.
>>
>>35724427
>>35725003

schizophrenia, schizoaffective and schizoid are closely related but different.

schizophrenia is grouped into positive and negative symptoms, where the positive symptoms refer to hallucinations and delusions.

you can have schizophrenia with only negative symptoms, stop getting your ideas about mental illnesses from bad movies
>>
>>35724245
wanna fuck?jkbh87
>>
>>35723042
Bipolar
Lamotrigine handles the deppresive episode pretty decently and I get to keep the manic or hypomanic (aka the only moments that make life worth living)
The depressive episodes were getting so bad before I started taking lamotrigine I can't even put it into words, it was just pain, manic episodes were really short and I had mixed episodes which are like depression 2.0 electric boongaloo (I think this must be the state in which bipolars kill themselves, they are truly hell)
It sucks to know how much better my life could had been if I had reached out for help when I was in HS, now I'm just fucked, when you see the worst depression has to offer you just don't come back
Now feeling pretty sad, but who cares, my emotions aren't legit, is "just an illness :):):)"
>>
you fucks wont even let me talk to a psychiatrist so I don't even know how fucked I am in the head.

Fucking come on already.
>>
>>35724852

what you're describing fits major depressive disorder more. you also have social avoidance which is something i experience most of the time.

the main difference with bipolar 2 versus bipolar 1 is that you have hypomanic episodes which are basically lesser versions of full on manic episodes. if you read on hypomania you may find you experience a lot of those symptoms.

as someone diagnoses with bipolar 1, i don't really have these stereotypical mood swings. the best way to describe it for me is that i can be laughing with my best friend and immediately have my laugh disappear and have a blank stare come over me as i suddenly feel empty and a strong urge to kill myself. or i become extremely angry and want to break something or hit someone.

curious, do you feel joy from causing yourself or others misery?
>>
File: 1489925885298.webm (1MB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489925885298.webm
1MB, 640x352px
ITT: immature self-diagnosed fools. You are going to waste your best years obsessing about these self-fulfilling prophecies.
>>
OCD - since about the age of 12 I've constantly accused myself of being a rapist, child molestor, bully, you name it.

The thing I'm worried about is that after having a few years in adolescence of being able to control it, it's starting to come back, only this time I fear that people can actually read my mind. I also have an extreme persecution complex, to the point where I plan my escape to some obscure country when they eventually come for me.
>>
>>35724427
Don't self diagnose based on autists on /r9k/, get professional help
>>35724620
A lot of people could be being getting shit diagnosis by shit therapists or/and psychiatrists, be careful
>>35724852
Then I would doubt you were actually bipolar, "mood swings" gets short to what I actually experienced in my worst moment, is psychotic, it really crushes your soul. People can have mood swings or be ""moody"" without being bipolar
You sound a lot more like you are depressed, but still not THAT depressed yet
Anyways, try to get opinions from other therapist, be really articulate with them, if you don't explain yourself correctly they will misdiagnose you
>>
>>35725003
A lot of mental illness share lots of symtoms, you need to get bloodtests and shit like that to be 100% sure most of the time about them
>>
>>35725341
Thanks m8. I'll bring up my concerns with my therapist, but I don't want him to think I'm doubting him or anything.
>>
>>35725214
>you fucks wont even let me talk to a psychiatrist
????
>>
>>35725260
which one is the one with hypomanic episodes?
>>
>>35725214
Bro stop personifying sensory input so hard. It's tough because they're our friends, but it's just your consciousness being confused.
>>
I'm a high functioning autist but then again I'm here.
>>
>>35725428
I have no friends only tormentors.

Fucking fuckers
>>
type 1 bipolar, basically
>>35723070

but it sucks i had to stop smoking weed because it makes me schitzophrenic
>>
>>35725408

bipolar 2

origami
>>
>>35723042
Idk if it counts, but I have tourettes. Not the kind where I yell random shit, but just stupid facial tics and stuff like that
>>
>>35725455
At least they interact with you, you selfish (possibly unignored) prick.
>>
>>35723042
Schizophrenia

I take my meds so there's not that much resistance in that department
>>
Bipolar reporting in, currently off my meds but things are ok
>>
>>35725494
bipolars 1 can also have hypomania
2 are the ones who have only experiences depressive episodes and hypomania but not actual mania (when you are actually legit psychotic and really irritable) like the 1
>>
File: DAMAGED.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAMAGED.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Clinical Depression
Anxiety
Gender Dysphoria
Self-Harm
Unintentional Anorexia (kind of getting over this one through forced feeding when I'm depressed instead of doing drugs like I used to)
>>
>>35725578
everything in your list but clinical depression is a meme
stop
>>
>>35725508
why are you off your meds
>>
>>35725629
thanks I'm cured now
>>
File: 1489632060456.jpg (127KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1489632060456.jpg
127KB, 1680x1050px
Schizothymia
Social Anxiety
Dysthymia
>>
>>35725668
I got laid off at work and meds are kind of expensive and even though I'm in aus with our pharmaceutical scheme I have to pay full price because lamotrogine isn't used here as an official treatment for bipolar. And probably most of all just lack of motivation to bother taking them
>>
>>35725678
you welcome
>>35725743
get them you idiot, ask someone for money if necessary
>>
bipolar. started taking risperdal a few days ago. how fucked am i ?
>>
File: 1489723153700.png (298KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1489723153700.png
298KB, 500x513px
diagnosed
social anxiety
adhd

probably have but don't care enough to go to a psych again
gender dysphoria
bipolar
>>
Garden variety depression + generalized anxiety is what I've been diagnosed with, but I'm wondering if I might be bipolar II. I haven't been fully functioning for years. Sometimes I have periods wherein I can be social, assertive, and almost alpha-esque in my behavior, but ultimately I can't muster the willpower to do anything of worth. The rest of the time I'm just a total mess and want to kill myself or shoot dope.
I'm currently prescribed sertraline and bupropion, but I don't take them. I guess they sort of work, but not in a way that I like. Also have a lorazepam script for episodes of high anxiety that binged hardcore on over the last few weeks; I wasn't even really abusing it, my anxiety was just that bad. Now I'm feeling withdrawal, and it's pretty shit. I've been having what I believe are partial seizures intermittently over the past two days. Trying to do a rapid taper now. I've have self medicated with opiates; nothing works better at making me not depressed or anxious, but it's obviously not a sustainable practice.Right now I've been playing around with supplements to see what works and what doesn't. Ashwagadha and theanine both are good for anxiety.
>>
I think I have a light case of bipolar.

desu the "manic" part feels so fucking good it makes up for the depressive part. because for the longest time I was purely depressive, and that shit sucks.

now I get a few weeks where I feel like I'm firing on all cylinders. Feels amazing
>>
>>35725936
At least you do not have serious problems in the social sphere like me. I feel shame every time I do something socially. I started working and I look like a mental patient, I think they're going to fire me.
>>
>>35726164
I have faith in you anon. what kind of work do you do?
>>
Oh boy. OCD, ADHD, Bipolar. Fucking end my misery.
>>
>>35726066
that manic part you are feeling is actually hypomanic (which is great), manic is hell
>>
mental illnesses do not exist, you just make them up as an excuse for your pathetic life.

No successful person has ever had any mental illnesses because they didn't have the need to make them up.

KEK
>>
Depression, OCD, SAD, GAD. Feels real bad man
>>
>>35726279
Internship in the State area. I stayed 2 ~ 3 days in each "sector", then they changed me from "sector". I started on the 14th, they moved me on the 15th, then they moved me again on the 20th (3 days in the second). Now I'm in this for 2 days, 3 tomorrow.

I am currently performing customer service on product issues. Actually, I only did it 2 hours on the last day I went (I was previously "trained"), yesterday (22), and I think my performance was bad because I did not have spontaneity and I did not know what to do.

And the employees talked to me without much confidence in me.

Everywhere I go people say that I do not say much, for me to be extroverted. Even though I speak more than usual and trying to get in the way they talk about it.
>>
>>35723042
Bipolar bear
>>
>>35726545
Look over here! It's a retard!
>>
File: P_20170323_064423_1.jpg (489KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170323_064423_1.jpg
489KB, 1200x1600px
>>35726545
But senpai
Our illnesses are just a way for doctors to categorise how we deal with our pathetic lives.
Some go for the logical solution of an hero
Some create an alternate personality that isn't shit
Some think life would be easier as the other gender
>>
Why is everyone bipolar?

t. type 2
>>
I really wouldn't be surprised if I was autistic, I'm just too much of a pussy to go out and get evaluated. I'm sure I could get disability of I did. The only things I've been diagnosed with are social anxiety disorder and I was a mute until I was about 8. Also think I'm starting to show signs of schizophrenia, and my mom had it so I wouldn't be surprised at that either.
>>
>>35727376
You can probably get disability just with SAD if you do a good job applying.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.