[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's terrifying how small we are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: great_attractor.0.png (747KB, 848x467px) Image search: [Google]
great_attractor.0.png
747KB, 848x467px
It's terrifying how small we are
>>
>>35718639
on the contrary-- it's nice to know sometimes that nothing matters on any deeper or more universal level
>>
File: Scale of the universe.jpg (1MB, 3850x1925px) Image search: [Google]
Scale of the universe.jpg
1MB, 3850x1925px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo&t
>>
>>35718639
think about how it must feel for ants
>>
Nah you're looking at it wrong.

It's nice to know that no matter how bad you fuck up it means literally nothing
>>
>loot at the night sky to attic
>see the starts faint
>get euphoric and wander what lies out there
>realise how insignificant we are
>feel at peace with the universe
>"ez ez ez ez"
>my Chad housemate hooked up with some Tinder slut for the forth time in a week
>come crashing back down to earth
>contemplate butchering both of them in anger at the injustice of it all
>>
>>35718828
that's not even covering it. look up the phoenix cluster black hole, and then the great attractor. freaky shit
>>
>>35718828
On the scale of the universe we're about the same as ants
>>
>>35718639
>a twelf demonshinhole being peers down at our puniverse and sees me wave bak at him then he phase shifts thru da portal wit his robot slime hand to lift up my skirt to revel litle feminine penis and lafs at me
>"hey, that's not nice mr slimy hand!" sorry, rittl fella *i get jerkd off by a cloudy apparaition from space violet intersectional waves*

BOODOO DOO DOO DOODE!
>>
>>35719082
we don't know how big the universe even is so that has no weight
>>
No it isnt. Stop being so full of shit faggot
>>
>>35718741
E D G Y

Go to facebook and post your garbage somewhere else you colossal faggot
>>
>>35718639
>on the contrary-- it's nice to know sometimes that nothing matters on any deeper or more universal level
>intelligent life is the culmination of billions of years of cosmic evolution
>the universe had to expand, cool, and begin coalescing into atoms before even the first stars could be born
>stars had to explode, planets had to form, galaxies had to collide before Earth itself was even locked into a sustainable orbit around its parent star
>even then, it was bombarded with interstellar debris that kept it from being hospitable
>not to mention this asshole planet Mars bumped into it and took a chunk out that would eventually become the Moon
>but Mars was cool and decided to become a meatshield that basically stood between Earth and the debris long enough to allow it to develop life
>the Moon stayed around and became useful as well
>Earth stopped spazzing out with volcanic activity long enough for it to be mostly hospitable
>life begins
>millions of years later we are here, shitposting on an iranian snake-charming forum, questioning the "significance" of life
Actually, we're one of the things that matters most in the entire universe.
>>
>>35719361
>>35718741
That was meant for you but whatever, I'm sure OP can make the connection too.
>>
>>35719082
Nah, on the scale of the universe we're humans.
>>
>>35719361
>Actually, we're one of the things that matters most in the entire universe.

there's 100,000+ galaxies in our cluster alone. the thought that life isn't abundant out there is almost arrogant
>>
>>35718639

It's terrifying how fat your mom is
>>
>>35719479
Intelligent life is what matters. I didn't mean humans alone. We have a universal kinship with all of those possible forms of life, by virtue of consciousness.
>>
>>35719196
>making peace with the fact that we are irrelevant on a cosmic scale is edgy
You are one stupid mouthbreathing faggot
>>
>>35719540
>irrelevant
>"it's like, so big man, and we're sooo small!"
>woah deep
>pass that bong my bro
>we're gonna get ENLIGHTENED tonight
Please get out and leave your posting credentials at the door. Thanks.
>>
>>35719540
>responding to it
Stop, newfriend.
>>
>>35718639
>the great attractor
that was my name on dating sites for a while
most people didnt get it
>>
>>35719577
>retarded strawman
>thinks this is enlightening even ironically and that you need to be high to have these thoughts
It must be difficult to be such a low IQ pleb that you believe this is deep or edgy
>>
the the is the only world that exist, the universe is within it.
>>
>>35719616
>most people didnt get it
it's a somewhat new term for it
>>
>>35719650
If you're not high right now, I feel bad for you son. You'd have to be retarded to stop at the most basic "revelation" one could have about the universe and refuse to elaborate on it any further. Literally what kids do when they've smoked their first joint and start to think they're "sooo much different" from everyone else.
>>
>>35719716
i've heard that name for years
i think it's more the fact that most people don't have an indepth knowledge of astronomy and astrophysics
>>
>>35719781
Do you know how to read you absolute retard? That's literally what i said, it's a pretty basic thing to talk about and it's the reason i replied to your post in the first place
You contradict yourself because you thought it was edgy, proving how much of a stupid pile of shit you are
>>
>>35718741
>>35718857
Since when does the size of something determine whether it matters or not?
>>
>>35719913
since women's opinions mattered
>>
>>35719781
He never said he was so different from anybody else, nice strawman.
>>
File: 1255260756170.jpg (1MB, 2564x3838px) Image search: [Google]
1255260756170.jpg
1MB, 2564x3838px
>>35718639
Being small is relative. You'll never be happy if you keep comparing yourself to bigger and better things. Just be the best version of yourself.
>>
>>35718639
woah that's like really deep man, pass the j XD

420 blaze it :P 8====D
>>
>>35719913
top quality bait

oregentoo
>>
>>35720199
>You'll never be happy if you keep comparing yourself to bigger and better things. Just be the best version of yourself.
wow that was surprisingly nice to say. my eyes are a little misty
>>
Feels pretty bad to know that you will never lay foot on a different planet
>>
>>35720894
there's always video games and tv shows
>>
>>35720894
Not if you've got another couple decades to live and Elon Musk has a say in this.

I'm gonna be an engineer, and who knows, maybe they need engineers for their next one-way trip to another planet in 15 years. Maybe cry sleep becomes a reality and I wake up in another solar system in a thousand years.
>>
I don't understand why people feel bad about being this small compared to other objects: first off, these are not living things, so It's like comparing apples to AK-47s, and besides, isn't this hugeness part of all the charm? It's truly mind-boggling to think of all these things, and leaves me in a state of awe and admiration at the beauty yet terrifying nature of the universe: to think that all these stars, planets and galaxies are out there leaves us with a constant field to explore to our leisure (at least until we eventually reach the end of the observable universe)

>>35720894
Venus 2050?
Or maybe Europa? I'd love to land on Europa and go scuba-diving in the depths of what may be the only place outside of earth to bear life.
>>
File: tumblr_on614hfQRN1u1vkloo1_540.jpg (58KB, 540x311px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on614hfQRN1u1vkloo1_540.jpg
58KB, 540x311px
>>35718639
immesuarable heaven

Not only physically small, but small in time.

We're only here for the briefest instant.
>>
>>35720791
Seems like common sense to me that something that is small in size is not necessarily therefore unimportant. It is not a things size that determines its worth, rather it's the properties that the thing has. I'd love to hear your argument against that.
>>
>>35721421
I wanna add to your point by pointing out that the objects with the biggest influence in the universe are actually the smallest. Black holes, literally singularities.
>>
>>35718639
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?

>Psalm 8:3-4
>>
>>35721584
what a bunch of fucking gibberish
>>
>>35721584
>he actually reads the bible
Noice.

Proverbs 3:13-15
13Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
14For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
15She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

>>35721833
You seem upset.
>>
File: BibleKJV.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BibleKJV.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>35721904
>>35721584

who /king james only/ here?
>>
>>35718639

>not realizing the massive universe is total made up bull shit

what a fucking cuck retard u r
>>
File: 322.jpg (61KB, 346x328px) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
61KB, 346x328px
Also today is 3/22.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
>>
>>35721935
Right here. You ever watch any of Stephen Anderson's videos?
>>
>>35723009
>You ever watch any of Stephen Anderson's videos?

Yea, that guys awesome
>>
i wont be scared of god until the day i die
>>
File: biscuit.gif (951KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
biscuit.gif
951KB, 500x343px
>>35718639
Could have been a decent thread. Could have.
>>
>>35718771
you would really think that there would be some sort of life out there
>>
>>35718945
did you get the V?
>>
so I assume you guys are going to tell me what all this shit is right?
>>
>>35718741
This, I think about how stressed I am at time, and then I realize how insignificant my problems are and I feel good after. My good attitude generally ends up fixing the situation as well
>>
I was born 50 years too early to have my conciousness uploaded to the internet.

feelbad
>>
Talk for yourself, manlet.
>>
File: 1489898823069.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489898823069.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>35719577

Stop projecting, you contrarian faggot.
>>
>>35719196
N O R M I E

Check yourself and then neck yourself faggot
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.