[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know how do drive robots? im 27 and i just managed to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Do you know how do drive robots?
im 27 and i just managed to overcome my fear of driving this deathmachine, my dad is happy i finally decided to learn and giving me lessons. but i keep fucking up with the clutch.

how long does it take before i can manage it without breaking a sweat?
>>
>>35714422
I can't stand it either. I'm just going to get a meme scooter.
>>
20 and my autism kinda helped me. It also helped my dad had a '66 Kreidler with a hand clutch.

Listen to me I fucked up the clutch for a solid month before I got it half-way working. After that it's jsut autism and foresight.
>>
>>35714422

not too long, just stop being a pussy and keep practicing.
>>
>>35714478
i am, trying to get as many driving lessons from my dad as i can before signing up for the normie driving school.
>>
>>35714422
If you lived in America, you'd already have it. Driving is really just like walking once you're used to it. Just walking with way more momentum
>>
>>35714530

Good man, that's all you gotta do. You'll get it, bro.
>>
File: stopitrogerimchoking.jpg (54KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
stopitrogerimchoking.jpg
54KB, 345x336px
>>35714422
I have been driving since I was 15. Going on 26.
Learned to drive on a manual as per my father's wishes (no complaints there, I would NEVER go back to an autotrain after mastering my 6 speed).
The clutch is really the hardest part.
I taught my friend over the phone who snuck out one night and took his dad's stick shift truck to come hang with me & it was a 30 min. drive.

maybe this analogy could help with your clutch problems
Think of the clutch as your master pedal/a heavy weight bc your foot is all the way down on it. Now, if you have your e break on take that shit off but not before you put your right foot on the brake.
It's all a balancing act, getting from neutral to first, then easier from first to second (if you rev up high enough you can kick off in second gear even.)
So as you are giving the gas pedal light pressure with the clutch in, you see the RPMs go up. you want to get a good 2-3K rpms on your meter as you SLOWLY let the tension off of your clutch, and at the same time LIGHTLY continuing to give it gas. Clutches for noobies are tricky because there's a lot of...empty space basically before you disconnect the gearbox from the transmission (which is what pressing the pedal does.) Once you start rolling, take the clutch out all the way (remember, RPM/clutch balance ratio is paramount.) In time you won't even look at that meter and will be able to tell where you're at by simply revving a tad.

To get to the other gears, same concept just even easier. while rolling, put clutch all the way in when you hit about 3-4k rpm in the gear you are in ( i usually shift early in first and then around 3k for the other gears) and take your foot off the gas COMPLETELY.
ok so clutch in, rolling, gas pedal off, then shift into your next gear. Only hit the gas again midshift if your RPMS are low in the first two gears.
hope this helps. my buddy stalled out a couple of times but fuck me he made it and back. he'd never driven stick before that day too...
>>
>>35715307
pretty much what my dad has been telling me, nice advice anon.
the hardest part is the "empty space" as you would call it, that, and managing the break, shifting gear, and keep a look on the road at the same time.

solid advice though, thx a bunch
>>
>>35715307
one more thing I forgot to mention about shifting that may be useful.
The balance analogy, think of it as an unbalance rather, with the clutch pressed in as the weight and your right foot is the counterweight. you wanna slowly press in the gas AT THE EXACT SAME TIME you should be depressing the clutch, but not in equal proportions. Clutch should be disengaged/ foot off that pedal at a higher rate than the gas.

That's what caused me to stall out so many fucking times. I didn't realize that you give a little gas at the same time letting the clutch out, but more quickly than you are pressing the gas.
i'm being redundant here i know but it's important.

The second part is that when you are shifting while in say 3,4,5 gear, to shift for those you just gotta get to your rpms, gas out, clutch in, shift, (keep your right foot hovering over the brake pedal at all times when not on the gas. it has saved my ass SO many times.)
then when you shift in the higher gear. all you have to do is let the clutch out and the gear will catch (depending on how old your vehicle is this catch can feel different obvs)
Then after the clutch is all the way out, then you can smash on the pedal all you want until it's time to shift again.
>>
>>35715620
no problem. Initial D is what made me want to get a stick in the first place lol. I do not drift through the mountains of Tokyo unfortunately. but when you finally get it get it...you will most likely love it comparative to an automatic transmission. Instead of a computer controlling/limiting the cars shifting, you are. You can accelerate as fast as you want, near redline it in first and second gear to blast off on a motherfucker in his automatic mustang/corvette. (if you want to, i wouldn't recommend it) I'm just saying people who never learn to drive a manual but enjoy driving are so missing out on the most fun aspects of SKRRTolgy)
never did get into new balance shoes though...
>>
I have my license expires in 2022 I don't have a car but its good to have one in case you're forced to take someone out
>>
>>35714422
driving is all about the practice op. keep grinding untill you feel comfortable. there is no other way around it
>>
I just had my first driving lesson today. Wasn't too bad. The clutch is definitely the hardest bit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.