[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old is too old for college? I'm a 24 year old NEET

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: AP-nola-ochs-oldest-graduate[1].jpg (38KB, 512x395px) Image search: [Google]
AP-nola-ochs-oldest-graduate[1].jpg
38KB, 512x395px
How old is too old for college? I'm a 24 year old NEET
>>
File: 1487731901895.jpg (1MB, 4602x3852px) Image search: [Google]
1487731901895.jpg
1MB, 4602x3852px
NEET life is the superior lifestyle
>>
>>35710048

There are people who go to college who are easily in their 40s.

I don't think they'd let you stay in the dorms at that age though?
>>
At the college Im going to be dropping out of soon there are tonnes of people age 30 and over.
24 is like the average age in my class. Don't worry.
>>
>>35710048
it never is.

just don't live in the dorms or try to have "the college experience". although, you wouldn't be doing those things anyway if you browse here.
>>
>>35710048
just wait few more years until online college becomes standard because it is actually more effective
>>
>>35710048

Bro, I was an accounting major. Most of my classes were at night and over half of my classes were made up of people who were 30+. 24 is like the median age.
>>
>>35710150
this. you'll look like a doofus if you hang around trying to relate to 18 year-olds, but you're never too old for an education. don't hold yourself back.
>>
24 isn't too old. There are older students in my classes (I go to a second-rate commuter college, demographics remind me of my old community college). I'm 22 and graduating after this semester thankfully. I hate having classes with 19 year olds that are graduating with a bachelor's and multiple internships under their belts in under 3 years. I feel old and unemployable already
>>
>>35710107
why would you think that they don't allow you to?
>>
>>35710150
This. Go, learn, but you won't fit in with the young crowd. Like you might make friends, but you'll be the grandpa of the group.

I decided to become a doctor at 23. Got into med school at 27. I won't finish until I'm 31. Meanwhile most people around me will be 24 when they become doctors.

It's not too bad.
>>
>that old cunt in the class that constantly interjects with anecdotes about her children/personal life and stupid questions

Die already
>>
>>35710451
How did you prepare to study and get in?
>>
i had a 40 year old in my accounting track op. she wasn't a very good accountant but she was industrious as hell and baked me cookies all the time. she was my mom away from mom
>>
>>35710048
People who ask this must also ask what's the alternative if you don't go? Just accept life the way it is and live a living death? You don't have a choice man.
>>
>>35710451
do doctors still have to take the Hippocratic oath?? do people take it seriously?
>>
>>35710048

There is no age limit for college. Go whenever you want.
>>
>>35710451
Hello fellow med school fagg.

Enjoy first year. And second. Basically ur free time mostly ends once step studying starts bc then clerkships and then step 2 and then applications and then you have 4th yr free time but desu the anxiety of starting residency is killing me.

Cool to see another med bro here tho. Also most all of my about to grad peers are 25. I am also 27 so we have that in common too.
>>
>>35711602

Other med fagg here. At my graduation we are having poll to decide if we will use original or modified hippocratic oath.

Google the original. It uses only male pronouns and includes a part about pledging to never perform abortions. Kek. Naturally I voted for it but the women will never vote for it and we'll end up doing the cuck version.
>>
>>35711696
i had an argument with a surgeon about it, we were talking about if a school shooter had been shot/wounded during the attack and whether the surgeon would stick to his oath since he is sworn to help any and all humans or whatever. he said no he would just break the oath and refuse to operate, then i told him it wasn't called the hypocritical oath and he got really angry
>>
>>35711749
>arguing with stupid normies

And I doubt the person you were talking to was an actual surgeon, atleast I hope you made a mistake and were talking to a person that was still a student, because it's unsettling a person who's whole job is to save lives would refuse to do exactly that
>>
>>35711412
Had a guy in his 60s in my US History class. The dude lived through half the shit we were talking about and was always rambling on about his personal experiences.
>>
>>35711817
No idea, it was at a bar i didn't know the guy personally. it has just always been interesting to me because it's honestly one of the reasons i don't think i could be a doctor.. i wouldn't be able to take myself out of the equation like that i don't think, or i wouldn't want to swear to it at least. But idk, im in investment banking now and i have no say in what i do, moral or immoral, so it doesn't make a huge difference in the end
>>
>>35711412
Summarizes my entire experience at community college.

>"AS A MOTHER.."
>that autist that asked "questions" that answered themselves to hear himself talk
>that guy in his 30's that tries too hard to be outgoing/friendly and everyone cringes
>that lady who already knows everything and has worked for 15 years in the field and won't shut the fuck up

The best was the time our developmental psych professor said infant circumcision was mutilation and made some roastie cry for cutting her son lmao
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.