[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump Warns House Republicans: Repeal Health Law or Lose Your Seats

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thefuck.png (189KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
189KB, 2048x2048px
- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/us/politics/house-republicans-health-care-donald-trump.html

>WASHINGTON -- President Trump on Tuesday turned up the pressure on recalcitrant Republicans to support a sweeping bill to overhaul the health care system, threatening wavering lawmakers in his party with political payback if they failed to get behind a measure that has become an early test of his negotiating power.

>In a series of meetings and phone calls at the White House and on Capitol Hill, Mr. Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and Republican congressional leaders haggled with holdouts over details as they struggled to assemble a majority to support a bill that would repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The legislation is scheduled for a floor vote on Thursday in the House.

>But at a private meeting with House Republicans at the Capitol, the president also delivered a blunt warning that many of those present would lose their seats in next year's midterm congressional elections if the effort failed.

>"I'm going to come after you," Mr. Trump told Representative Mark Meadows, Republican of North Carolina, a prime holdout and the chairman of the conservative Freedom Caucus, a hotbed of concern about the legislation, according to several people in the room who described his comments on condition of anonymity because the session was private. "I believe Mark and his group will come along, because honestly, a loss is not acceptable, folks."

So he's basically threatening his opposition? And in confines he assumes no one will found out about?
>>
>>35707388
He's not threatening his opposition, he's threatening his comrades because they're a bunch of pieces of shit who don't work for the benefit of the whole.
>>
>>35707430
Interesting use of "comrades." But he's still threatening those of them who are opposing his agenda. Much like... Jesus, I can't believe I'm making comparison... But this is much like the behaviour and assertion that the DPRK is known for. And taking that away, this is not something we should expect from any POTUS. It's these types of behaviours that passing specific powers and rulings over to congress instead is meant to avoid.
>>
>>35707505
>Interesting use of "comrades."
Lol, are you saying this because stereotypical Russians say comrade a lot in movies?
>>
>>35707702
That, and it's associated with a notorious government in twentieth century whose earlier days are starting to look shockingly similar to house right now.
>>
>>35707505
Trump's campaign was not run on traditional conservative values. He has essentially created a new faction on the right that mainly favors populism more than anything else. He's using this as leverage. He has made similar threats in the past to Ted Cruz and John Kasich. Trump also correctly assumes that even given his shitty approval ratings he still has higher ratings than congress as a whole. He could give these guys a real run for their money if he started endorsing primary opponents.

Also this is pretty tame stuff. Presidents are known for holding their popularity over the congress as leverage. That's part of politics. He's just trying to ram this through so he can check off "repeal and replace Obamacare" from his campaign promises.
>>
>>35707816

You're right, it's the conservative republicans who are opposing it.

They want the ACA scrapped completely and not replaced with a modification.

The federal government must be desperate for new tax revenues because there's no way the executive branch will just want to scrap the ACA completely.

Fuck healthcare.
>>
Medical services and medicines are overpriced here. Businesses have the inflation set deep in healthcare for profits because people have no choice but to pay for medical services.

Like how Martin Skhreli can increase the cost of that one pill by over 2000% when it probably costs pennies to produce.
>>
>>35707858
These conservative holdouts usually give in the end. They will vote with their fellow republicans because they don't want to lose elections at home. If they don't vote for it then when it doesn't pass the finger can be pointed at them.

Also I'm sure there's more to the story we're not hearing. I'm sure someone somewhere is offering them concessions for their votes, probably Ryan or Preibus.
>>
I wouldn't have a problem if he literally held the rest of the government at gunpoint.

Fuck the mainstream Republican "conservatives".
>>
>>35707907
>>35707922

Nah son, capitalists bought out all of our medical equipment and drug companies and sell their products and services for 100000000% of the cost it takes to produce it.

The only way to keep the inflated system going is to basically force everyone to have health insurance.

These scary "capitalists" that supposedly run the shadow government are just greedy, no conscience scum that do it because capitalism made it that easy for them to buy companies out and sell their products at exorbitantly increased rates.

Then they turn to black magick arts because of all the guilt they're trying stuff into a tiny box and justify it by basically being teenage edge lords.

The conservatives have it right. The people that forced the ACA are also forcing Donald's new bill too, with provisions but at the core it's the same. It's designed to prop up our inflated medical industry by law at inflated prices because they've bought out all of the major companies and own them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.