[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone leave a small town for a big city? Saving up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1870.jpg (169KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
169KB, 660x440px
How does someone leave a small town for a big city? Saving up money is impossible but I'll take any shitty conditions.
>>
>>35703408

i want to do the opposite

sleep in that city's skid row and work in the illegal alien swap meets
>>
>>35703408
>move to where there are more normies
You are literally doing the opposite of what a robot would do
>>
>>35703408
Stay in the smalltown, going to a big city means you get to compete with even more Chads.
>>
>>35703455
The city is easy to come from though everything is cheap here

I mean more like couches and floors
>>
File: 4123213.gif (51KB, 376x200px) Image search: [Google]
4123213.gif
51KB, 376x200px
>>35703886
>he thinks couches and floors are shitty conditions in the city
>>
Go on Craigslist and find a cheap dinky room to rent. Or shapeshift into a nigger and get government subsidized housing.
>>
File: 1406679531433.jpg (176KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1406679531433.jpg
176KB, 520x678px
>>35703940
lmao. I'm an accountant and can only afford a shitty studio in the crummy part of my city. All I have in my apartment is my desk, monitor, computer, and a small empty carpeted area where I sleep.

OP better prepare to expend some serious cash on housing, get a roommate (because you won't be able to afford to live alone), and have a job already lined up.
>>
Living in small towns/villages suck

The place I live is under 1k pop and has nothing and requires you to drive 30 mins either direction to get anywhere
>>
>>35703408
I did it because there's no good schools in smalltown, also my entire family is here.
Planning to go back to smalltown after I'm done studying since rent is pretty cheap over there.
>>
moved from town of 3000 to city of 2 million.

Dont do it.

Niggers everywhere
>>
>>35703408
I saved up 10k and lived out of my car for a month while looking for work in Chicago's suburbs, about 30 minutes out from downtown.

I used a gym membership as a shower and coin laundromats for laundry.
>>
>>35705298
living in chicago is my dream. how do you like it
>>
>>35704820
Which city comrade
Same job in New York
>>
>>35705298
Fucking how does anyone have 10k and a car I'm from a poor family
>>
>>35705620

I managed to save up about 2k while I was living with my parents making 7.25/hr, working part-time. This was from the age of 18-20.

That all got blown, and then I saved up 4k while living on my own.

These figures are not substantial at all, but they're doable. For reference, at that point I was generally making $14/hr 40 hours per week.

So what I'm saying is you can do it, and I didn't have THAT much self-control while I did it. I could've reduced my food bill by a lot; ate fast food practically daily.
>>
>>35705713
Well damn I don't wanna 2 fuckin years this place is driving me crazy
>>
>live with parents
>Hope they don't charge you an absurd amount of money to live with them
>Buy 1k dollar car
>Save rest
>Don't go to uni and fall for the debt meme

It's really that simple really
>>
>>35705506
Not the same guy u replies to, but I've lived in chicago my whole life and it's amazing. So much shit to do and downtown is beautiful
>>
you think people in the city have money?
nah they just fucking find a way.

there's value in opportunity though.
>>
>>35705532
Seattle. Housing costs have gone through the roof the last few years because of all the people moving here. Even 7 years ago I would have been able to afford a comfortable 2 bedroom easy. Not anymore. Though, we're not as bad as New York yet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.