[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm Grendel and So Are You

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Pepe cookies.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe cookies.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
Mom asked if I had a girlfriend when I went over to her place for spring break. Being a virgin who never had gf, I said no. For half a second she looked at me with a profound mix of intense sadness and disappointment.

It reminded me of a scene in Grendel. Context:

Grendel is a monster who lives in a cave and humans have recently stopped being nomadic and are now conquering lands that he was in first. Viking Chads and Stacies throw loud ass parties and so Grendel crashes them and has his own little beta uprising.

He can understand humans but they can't really understand him so he's an outcast in their world even when he tries to make peace and be friends so instead he just goes on killing sprees.

His mom and other monsters can't communicate with him so I guess he has autism and is /ourguy/. She worries over him and tries to speak with him but it doesn't work for some reason. Then Chad Beowulf who is monsterish kills Grendel.

Anyway, interacting with my mom just brought the memory of the book back.
>>
File: 4chan cafe.jpg (365KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
4chan cafe.jpg
365KB, 2464x1648px
So gay "girl watches you get fucked" threads and constant reocurring MBTI threads and constant repeat fembot threads on an original board get bumped but anything remotely hinting at trying to be original or insightful gets slid. Fuck this gay earth. My board is dead. No more home for the robots it seems.
>>
What did she say after the look? Im glad my parents are fuck ups. They are proud of their children even tho we mostly just struggle and are weird
>>
>>35702345
I know that feel. Parents are the same for me. She just said "Oh, ok." and cooked dinner. I played vidya. She's proud of me in every aspect outside of dating haha. Life is pain. Maybe she could sense it and just wanted me to stop being lonely.
>>
Hey op, Grendel is one of my favorite books. It made me cry because of how much I saw of myself in Grendel. Please post a sockpuppet email (like on mail.com) if you want to talk about it.
>>
>>35701542
I found your story interesting op, I'll try and think up some more to say and maybe a greentext, but i just wanted to let u know in case the thread dies.
>>
File: GNT2nIa.png (20KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
GNT2nIa.png
20KB, 474x473px
>>35701542

Not terribly related but i wanted to add something more to the thread op, so since you made a literary connection I guess I'll go with that train of thought.

When I got to college I decided to start reading more since I had fallen off in recent years. This rediscovery of an old hobby encouraged more than the usual amount of self evaluation and I naturally began to look outward a bit.

Now I go to a large uni (30,000 students+) and I began to notice that an absurd amount of people seemed to be the most basic, cookie cutter mother fuckers I've ever met. Now obviously never spoken to really any of them, but on an outward level they all do the same shit, talk about the same shit, and act in the same shitty ways. Maybe I didn't feel that way in hs since it was small enough that everyone seemed kinda different, but sometimes I start to tthink that even most of them were just stereotypical, basic goddamn people.

And it is revolting, absolutely disgusting how they all follow the latest trends, and behaviors, that really amounts to them just being a bunch of goddamn phonies. I will admit I really enjoyed reading catcher in the rye, but i was willing to chock up some of holden's anger to teenage angst, but now I think that maybe he was on to something. Most people are just goddamn phonies. They have no real character or personality, or at least, any they are willing to share with the world and instead mindlessly follow like the sheep that they are.

While I've been aware of this mindset/behavior for awhile, being here by myself on spring break has really made the feels hit a bit harder of late.

tldr:kinda related thoughts i just wanted to share, since this seemed like a nice thread. most ppl are goddamn phonies
>>
>tfw I love that look my mom give me when I say I'm not going to have her grandchildren
>Tfw she doesn't deserve to have grandchildren
I hate my mother and she would make a terrible grandmother.
I wouldn't want my kids even talking to or even see a picture of her at this point. She is the most insane (literally) and most vile hearted person I've ever known.
>>
>>35704383
I also have a deep rooted hatred for my mother. Has manipulated me my entire life, and my father for even longer. I suspect she should be diagnosed as histrionic to some extent. Why is your mom an absolute cunt anon? I cant wait to tell my mother off as I get closer to that age. Or perhaps even better, I get kids and never let her see them ahhahaha. Isn't that just terrible to feel that way about your own mother? What a world.
>>
>>35704383
>>35704517
I love my mom,shes so nice to me...she just wants the better for me :) but im a fat peace of shit so..
>>
>>35704599
That's good anon, keep tryin for mum. I hear that family is one of the most important things in life, even though I may not feel that way personally. I can at least acknowledge the benefits close families bring to society as a whole.
>>
>>35701542
holy shit grendel is literally pepe
he was the original fucking frog
>>
>>35704517
She's a manipulative cunt and she won't clean the house or stop abusing my father. She will keep him up all night yelling at him and banging on his bedroom door (it got so bad he sleeps in my brother's room).
She's broken 5 doors in our house. One I just installed last month she damaged.
I spend a couple hours of my life leveling that shit. It's not easy and doors are really heavy.
>>
>tfw i will watch beowoulf now,thanks op :)
>>
>>35704760
She sounds pretty fucked my dude, my mom has always been on the mental abuse side, never gets physical and angry like that. Does the old man have a way out, has she got him trapped, or has he perhaps resigned himself to that relationship? Also, howabout u getting out of what sounds like a rather toxic environment?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.