[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to find zombie ant fungus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3002.png (174KB, 363x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3002.png
174KB, 363x287px
Anyone know how to get a sample of the fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (Aka zombie ant fungus ) in the US? I need it for research purposes. Preferably a live strain that can be harvested. Pic related
>>
>>35699776
No fuck off. I know what you're thinking of doing, and that's not okay.
>>
>>35699830
I don't see what you mean m8.
>>
File: retardedhamster.jpg (10KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
retardedhamster.jpg
10KB, 236x254px
>>35699776
i think i saw some outside
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (87KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
87KB, 736x748px
>mom found the zombie fungus
>>
File: 11-4.png (843KB, 954x533px) Image search: [Google]
11-4.png
843KB, 954x533px
>>35699776
eggs dee last of us meme
>>
I already know there legal in the US I just need to know where to get em
>>
>>35699930
Underrated,
I laughed
>>
>>35700128
Order online?
Get a pin pal down there and have them mail you samples.
>>
File: 32909.png (73KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
32909.png
73KB, 288x288px
Op, please dont genocide ants. They are just existing and living for community. We should strive to be like them.

Plus you could ruin your area but introducing foreign species.
>>
>>35700458
I don't wanna genocide ants at all. I just wanna gain more information about there life cycle.
>>
File: 387162129565128.jpg (144KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
387162129565128.jpg
144KB, 500x500px
>>35699776
Why don't you genetically engineer the fungus so it affects humans instead? Normies BTFO
>>
>>35699776
>op invents zombie fungus and sets it free
>cdc just hands out gas masks and sprays fungicides
>op gets arrested for domestic bio terrorism
i dont think you thought this one through
zombies are a thing for movies since real life zombies couldnt just take 50 gorillion bullets to the chest and survive without any blood in their system and after all you live in america where owning a gun and going to the shooting range is as common as obesity
>>
>>35700603
this is kind of the subplot to the last of us
>>
>>35699776
Some Asians use cordyceps as mystic medicine. Maybe if you look around your local Chinatown, you'll find some quack selling it. The sample probably won't be alive though
>>
>>35700603
That's the point/joke anon.
>>
>>35700648
>imblying OP won''t genetically-engineer the zombie fungus to be immune to conventional fungicides
>>
>>35700944
Or killing it could cause death. There's that too.

>>35700648
Shooting random sick people is murder.
>>
>>35699776
OP. Reading your post has led me to assume several things about you: The first is that you've played or heard a general plot synopsis of the video game "The Last of Us". The second is that you believe that you have the knowledge to reverse engineer a fungus that has only affected insects in the past to affect humans or other mammals. The third is that you believe that this will create a zombie. I'm very aware that my assumptions may be wrong, but if they aren't, I have a couple more things to tell you. I don't really think that you have the biological know-how to pull any of that off. If you're planning on creating a biological weapon, then there's a very good chance that some branch of intelligence will find out before you get done. Also, if in the one in a fucking trillion chance that you somehow get this shit to work, it won't work how you want it to. The fungus wouldn't make people act like rabid dogs. They'd probably just aimlessly walk or have seizures for a little while before dying of a fever or inflammation.
>>
>>35700944
it wouldnt take long to research a new fungicide tho since if the epidemic reaches critical levels all the effort will be on researching a fungicide that works
and they would still give out tons of cheap ait filter masks and plastic googles which makes spreading the infection harder
>>35701082
if a zombie epidemic ever reached critical levels martial law would be declared and infected ppl could be seen as combatants since they attack the countries citizen so you would have every right to shoot them
>>
>>35701082
>Shooting random sick people is murder.

Yes. And humans have murdered other humans en masse for much less than being sick.
>>
>>35701331
Ironically only sick people do that though.
>>
>>35701246
Nope just wanna fuck around with my pet ant colony
>>
>>35700648
The Infected in The Last Of us aren't zombies.

They're living, breathing humans that are just host to a parasite.

The modern media has been extremely lazy with slapping the term "zombie" on any and all superhuman infected mutant.

Even regular old zombies have been overpowered in modern media, like in The Walking Dead. So many dumb assholes in that show were killed and ripped to shreds not by a horde of zombies but literally just one or two of them.

>>35700730
Not the same cordyceps. Those are Cordyceps Sinensis, I take them as supplements.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.