[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you robots have a place to fall back on when times

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11

File: 23603371.jpg (50KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50KB, 500x365px
Do any of you robots have a place to fall back on when times get rough?

where you can find comfiness or shelter and not be tired or confused?

Like a girl or a favorite hobby or something?
>>
>Like a girl
lol

Anyway, when that happens I read. From books to articles about anything, if I ever want to escape the present environment I can easily zone out into whatever it is I'm reading
>>
I always come back to Skyrim for /immersion/. Shit fixes me right up everytime.
>>
>>35697496
that sounds really comfy desu

desu i used to be able to escape reality in video games, especially rpgs but nowadays i can barely play a game for 10minutes without thinking about my shitty life

I think I might get into reading fantasy novels, they sound pretty comfy
>>
File: 1490111253450.png (16KB, 170x132px) Image search: [Google]
1490111253450.png
16KB, 170x132px
>>35697424
>any of you robots
>like a girl

uhhhhhhhh
>>
>>35697525
really? no matter how much I mod the game it always feels empty to me and i hate that emptiness
>>
>>35697548
it doesn't have to be a girlfriend, i just mean a girl that you talk to and forget about everything else around you.
>>
File: B9lDE4VCQAADfUU.png (90KB, 423x454px) Image search: [Google]
B9lDE4VCQAADfUU.png
90KB, 423x454px
>>35697608
if ur talking to girls on the regular it wouldnt assume youre very robotic
>>
File: 1479797189584.jpg (139KB, 1078x632px) Image search: [Google]
1479797189584.jpg
139KB, 1078x632px
>>35697542
Certainly fantasy novels are top comfy.

Also don't worry about how long it takes you to read. Enjoy reading at your own pace and don't worry about taking a lot of time on a page/section.

Some of the comfiest times I've had while reading have been while reading the same page again and again
>>
>>35697671
yea im typically a slower reader so will try not to go to fast and remain comfy

>>35697670
i guess your right
>>
I just get drunk. Or high.

There's /r9k/ too.
>>
>>35697424
I beat people in online games. No matter how useless of a human being I am, I'm still good at video games. Mostly because I've wasted like, 70,000 hours playing video games.
>>
File: 9k.png (444KB, 515x395px) Image search: [Google]
9k.png
444KB, 515x395px
>>35697671
>enjoy reading at your own pace

yes and yes fuck yes, it's beautiful, not the biggest fantasy fan but fuck yes you hit it right on
problem is i live with 2 roommates and they just make me very anxious throughout the day, they're not assholes (well one is kinda) so i dont get to read that much
currently making myself read Dune but can't make myself, like 99% of things
>>
>>35697984

I'm reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac

It's very very very hard to just sit down and read for me, so many distractions, so many other things to do. I love it, but it's hard to get down to it, unless I'm out somewhere with nothing better to do. I would LOVE to have a train commute, I'd get so much reading done!
>>
>>35697424
/r9k/
Terrible idea I know, but anon is the only one who actually understands my feels and can consistently make me laugh at the same time.
I used to come here all the time, daily really, but after taking a long break I know just come here when I feel like shit and want to kill all normalfags.
>>
File: Samflam.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Samflam.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>35697424
Anime is my drug
I have a few comfy favourites that I can always just watch a random episode from for when things get rough
>>
>>35697424
I go to the gym, no matter how bad I'm feeling the iron will never change.

>sometimes I don't listen to music, just put on my noise canceling and just listen to my own thoughts, I actually enjoy it s little too much
>>
File: eeeeeeeeeee.png (126KB, 1500x1383px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeeee.png
126KB, 1500x1383px
>>35698159
Same here brother. This place is more of a home than any house I've lived in. Even w/ the blatant normalfaggotry there is a source of sincerety and brotherhood to this board.
>>
>>35697424
I drown everything out with some shitty music
>>
File: 1410382205644.png (120KB, 356x333px) Image search: [Google]
1410382205644.png
120KB, 356x333px
No. Escapism is useless.

It was fine when i was a NEET, general escapism worked, but now that i'm a wagecuck i don't have any time to get immersed in anything and i'm always thinking about what little time i have until real life comes knocking again

Just end my life.
>>
File: 109382970.jpg (526KB, 747x599px) Image search: [Google]
109382970.jpg
526KB, 747x599px
>>35697424
I'm desensitized to most real life stuff.

When some sad or regretful memory emerges from my subconscious I grab my heart like pic related and then suppress my emotions, like when you're about to throw up and the swallow it back.

Only fiction (ie. LN/VN) has made me cry as an adult, it's only then that I let loose and don't hold my emotions back.
>>
>>35697424
Trust me anon, escapism is a slow but sure death. One day, you'll wake up old and alone and not even remember how you got to where you are. The years will blur together, time flies. You'll realize that you might have been able to get a little bit better life, if only you had tried. But by the time you realize it, you will be well and truly fucked.

You really have two options:
>Try to improve, but suffer
>Numb the pain with escapism, but die a slow death

Self introspection is damned dangerous. Most normies can't handle a good look in the mirror, that's why they're normies in the first place. You already know what your problems are, that's why you're depressed- but you HAVE to try and fix them. The secret is being self aware without letting your personal faults destroy you. Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the sculptor and the marble.

You have to realize that this life is fucking meaningless. You have to give your own life meaning- if you try to please or meet the expectations of others you will never be happy. Set small, attainable goals for yourself and accomplish them. Don't set bullshit new years resolutions, set small daily or weekly goals.

And don't forget, you're here forever.
>>
>>35697424
for a while I was coping with distractions, which is okay with some things. lately I've been getting into buddhism and it's been helping a lot even though I'm still a novice. It's been helping me to be more patient and accepting, plus kinder and less judgmental of myself and others. you can listen to dharma talks and guided meditations online for free, so even shut-in NEETs can do it.
>>
File: euphoric taste in music.png (21KB, 484x336px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric taste in music.png
21KB, 484x336px
>>35697424
I've been alive for nearly 32 years now and maybe like 5 of those have been good.

The only thing that kept me going was music.

I can deal with not having any video games, not being to watch TV or movies, not eating junk food, not having drugs or alcohol, even not having the internet at home.

Music is my life. As long as I have headphones or earbuds and something to play music on, I'll always be fine.
>>
>>35697424
I drink and draw listening to Tom Waits couped up in my room. After a few hours I step out to smoke a bowl (preferably at night) then come back in to continue. Keeps me somewhat sane.
>>
>>35699733
If this was reddit you're damn sure I'd give you an upvote or a thumbs up... This actually helped me guide myself, thanks anon
>>
>>35700455
Good luck anon. If you're having trouble getting started, just try working out. You don't have to be doing some ironman routine, just slinging around a pair of dumbbells and going for a jog on off-days is fine. Just a little bit each day can give you a feeling of accomplishment and help you mentally.
>>
>>35700754
>just try working out

Doesnt help when you have shit genetics fool
>>
>>35700804
I don't give a fuck about your genetics. I'm not telling him to get swole and fuck hot bitches, I'm telling him to get off his ass once in a while and keep his body in working condition.
>>
play mario advance 2 on a gba emulator and pretend I'm a kid again
>>
>>35697424
Here, drugs/alcohol, and music I suppose. This is the only place I feel like I have any true belonging to, even when there are no threads that interest me. Drugs and alcohol are a fucking godsend, but I have no money and live with my parents, so I can't do them as I wish. Music is my constant escape, but over the last few months, even that has been failing me. I've recently recognized that all of my "goals" are just dreams, that I'll never be anything or anyone, and that life is only going to become worse as time passes on. There's no difference if I die now, or in 60 years, all that's holding me back is that I'm too weak to die by my own hands through any method available (I'm in Canada, so no "just git gun XD"). I'm not even useless enough to be able to apply for disability or welfare or assistance, but I'm too useless to exist successfully on my own. I realised a few weeks ago that it's likely I'm autistic, so I'm hoping to get tested, maybe I can get autismbux.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.