[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the ultimate redpill. now go forth and be happy anon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: happiness.jpg (39KB, 571x383px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
39KB, 571x383px
this is the ultimate redpill.
now go forth and be happy anon
>>
>>35696873
Buddhism is the ultimate red pill but it's almost impossible to find Nirvana in today's world because we've lost touch with reality. What we call reality television is the exact opposite of what reality should be
>>
Concepts or "redpills" like that are useless unless they come with extensive background and instruction

By itself, it is not much different than "jus b urself"
>>
File: IMG_0757.jpg (44KB, 530x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0757.jpg
44KB, 530x373px
>>35696905
Matreiya Buddha will rise when it's impossible to achieve enlightenment. It's still possible just harder then when the Buddha was around.
>>
>>35696873
fuck off buddha. i dont listen to nazies.
>>
If you no longer wish to feel desire; Die
yeah yeah edge lord yadayada, proof me wrong
>>
File: 1490041017002.png (126KB, 221x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490041017002.png
126KB, 221x233px
>>35696873
okay then
how the fuck do you go about removing ego and desire?
really makes you think that all these sappy retarded "words of wisdom" never come with explanations or instructions.
almost as if it's all...bullshit
>>
>>35696873
>nazi symbol on chest

yeah i'm not listening to xenophobic hate speech from fascist scum like buddha
>>
>>35697057
>Handhold me, I'm retarded so your philosophy is wrong
>>
>>35697057
In Buddhism there is no instructions because the Buddha himself just did what he felt like essentially. He did what the moment called and it brought him to his very moment of enlightenment. You have your own path to follow and your own mistakes and scars to obtain and if you can still see the path through it all you can still find enlightenment.
>>
>nazi symbol
>making hitler salute
Wow, bigot.
>>
>>35696873
>I want to die
>Want to die
>To die
>Die
I am now dead, thank you oh enlightened one
>>
>>35697191
You will receive your wish if you make it happen, or you just wait long enough.
>>
File: happy day.png (65KB, 598x192px) Image search: [Google]
happy day.png
65KB, 598x192px
>>35696873

rember only happy day
>>
File: 1490070327549.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1490070327549.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>35697372
yes :) thank u
>>
>>35697191
holy shit it worked for me too I also died
>>
File: 8813432.jpg (42KB, 302x258px) Image search: [Google]
8813432.jpg
42KB, 302x258px
>>35697372
>tfw can't even remember happy day anymore
>>
>>35697137
just b yourself: the ideology
>>
>>35697507
but in this context you use it to become content with yourself
not to get sad because you can't hook up with a dumb roastie
>>
>>35697507
>>35697137
>>35697057

False. There is definitely a lot of instruction, specifically in the Theravada tradition.
Mahayana Buddhism is a lot of "just b yourself" stuff, meeting bad-thinking with compassion.
Theravada Buddhism is a different path to the same place. Meeting bad-thinking with logic and thought-experiments. I'm no expert, but this is how it was explained to me in the class I took on it, and I found it AMAZINGLY more helpful than traditional "turn the other cheek" kind of Judeo-Christian platitudes (which never worked for me at all), because it had concrete logic-based steps that you shape your thinking into healthier ways.

I wish I had more specific examples, I'm not an expert and I don't remember too much specifically, but if that's your beef with it, I REALLY suggest looking into it further.
>>
>>35696873

That's heretical as fuck, the buddha never said that shit.
>>
>>35697466
>tfw can't remember most days, happy or sad
>>
>>35696905
ok i found nirvana for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6xAyI9u0b0
>>
File: 239486723.png (357KB, 573x764px) Image search: [Google]
239486723.png
357KB, 573x764px
Daily reminder that Buddhism is not the liberal hugbox of faggotry and hedonism that baby boomers tried to turn it into.

Most fascists were heavily influenced by Indian religions.
>>
File: Max Stirner.gif (1MB, 273x322px) Image search: [Google]
Max Stirner.gif
1MB, 273x322px
You can't remove your ego.

Even desiring nothing is desire
>>
>>35697055
>If you no longer wish to feel desire; Die yeah yeah edge lord yadayada, proof me wrong

This is a far more honest expression of what Buddhism is than most of its disciples are willing to admit to and why, for all of its aspirations, it ultimately fails.

It shouldn't be forgotten that Siddhartha was a Hindu who believed in reincarnation. Death was not an end of suffering, but the beginning of a new round of rebirth and pain. So he sought to be utterly extinguished. That is what "Nirvana" means. The Christians, terrified of death, offer the fantasy of eternal life. The Buddha, as a Hindu terrified of life, preached the possibility of everlasting death.

Sons of the Occident who try to find refuge in Buddhism do so because it promises an end to the pain that comes with attachment. There will be no more frustrated desires because one will find some way of murdering desire. There will be no more hurt because one has ceased to feel.

It's a fantasy, no less than a that of Paradise among angels. Though Nirvana may be appealing to those who feel nothing but hurt, those sad men for whom desire brings misery rather than joy, it's no more attainable than living as a sexless innocent walking in the Garden of Eden. As lovely as the story of the Garden may be, there will always be a serpent to remind us it's nothing more than a dream. As peaceful as the myth of Nirvana may seem, our lusts will always be waiting to show us we can never truly overcome the flesh. It's no less delusional to expect to drive out Nature with meditation than it is to do so with a pitchfork or a prayer.

We will never be the pure souls the Christians live in hope of someday becoming, nor can we truly become the passionless corpses that the Buddhists see as the ideal. It's a hard lesson to learn, but an inevitable one. As horrible as it may be, there can be a Hell without a Heaven, a Devil without a God, and a Naraka without a Nirvana to flee to.
>>
I get what Buddhism is trying to say but we all need some sort of ego because if not, others will take advantage of you. The only way to really live ego less is to live in solitude.
>>
File: 1445468332897.png (1MB, 1539x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1445468332897.png
1MB, 1539x1600px
>>35698773
>hinduism is buddhism
>>
"Gibe me more money"
-Morty Steinberg
>>
>>35698980
>interpreting scripture literally

what a fucking sod
>>
>>35698980
Deep shit anon
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.