[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (38KB, 322x279px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 322x279px
Does this shit happen to anyone else here? I think I had my first incident last night and I don't think I can remember feeling so terrified. Basically how it happened was:
>sleeping
>in my dream all I'm doing is sitting in my bed looking at the wall
>see a figure move past my field of vision, didn't really look like anything other than a shadow
>remember feeling very scared and thinking "it's just a dream "
>after having this thought the shadow moves closer and I feel a hand that isn't mine slip under my shirt and press down on my back
>at this moment realize it's not a normal dream and begin panicking but I can't move
>eventually snap out of it and "wake up" even though it didn't really feel like waking up normally does
>realize that I had been making loud panicked grunts in the process as I could hear myself when I snapped out of it
>afraid to go back to sleep the rest of the night
>pretty afraid to go to sleep tonight

Shit guys, I think the worst part of this is it's all mental. If it were spooky ghosts or some shit I could just move but you can't move away from a shitty brain.
>>
I don't know what to tell you OP. I had a hypnapopic hallucination once after a bad dream, but not the actual sleep paralysis.

I find when I have a hard time sleeping I turn my tv on to something calm and relaxing at a low volume. Lately I've been watching Bob ross on netflix. Maybe try that.

Also I don't know if this is an actual thing or just an urban myth, but I've noticed it having an effect on me. Apparently eating dairy before bed increases your likelihood of spooky incidents.
>>
Might be sleep paralysis you get it when your over tired and have a shit sleeping pattern basically. had it a few times feel like there's someone watching me up it can't move for the life of me
>>
>>35680543

yup. I don't get them often. Maybe once in a year or two.

I used to get it a lot more when I was a kid. It usually involved a sudden extremely loud wooshing sound and the feeling of really hard wind blowing me into my bed so I can't move, then a featureless man will appear in my room and teleport around. Sometimes he'll grab my legs and bend over to bite them and i'll wake up. Other times i've felt the sensation of being slowly dragged off of my bed by my ankles.

not so fun, anon. i feel your pain.

I'm at a point now where I recognize it as a dream almost immediately and just let it happen. it tends to end quicker.
>>
>>35680543
Yeah, I get it every night but I'm at the point where I become aware of it being sleep paralysis as soon as it happens and just ignore it. Resisting it (like trying to open your eyes) just makes it worse.
>>
I've been dealing with it for over 20 years.
I never get incidents back to back. Seems like when you are consciously looking out for it, it never happens. They come when you least expect it.
>>
File: 1464380719483.gif (720KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
1464380719483.gif
720KB, 448x336px
Have fun op.

Have fun.
>>
>>35680721
wats the image
>>
Happens to me every fucking day since high school. I remember daily my mom would wake me up and I'd have a mild scream/terror flinch from her as I woke up.
>>
sleep paralysis is the ideal time to enter a lucid dream. Instead of struggling and trying to escape only to feel even more paralized like a pathetic beta, try to relax, close your eyes and dont move, you will eventually "take off"
>>
>>35680777
I tried but the closest I can get is rolling out of my bed. And the creepy shadow was looking at me the whole time
>>
>>35680543
Sleep with a small lamp in your room. Waking up out of the paralysis into a dark room causes you to do back to sleep and repeat the process. If you wake up into the dim light you will be able to get back ahold of yourself.

Also try to keep a normal sleeping schedule. If you stay up too long and then try to sleep during the day it is much more likely you will have an attack. If you must nap during the day set an alarm clock for 30 minutes.
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>35680721
its actually pretty scary how accurate this can be to sleep paralysis

Also OP, if you have it enough times you can learn to transition it into a lucid dream. First time I did it I butt-raped the spooky grudge-girl standing over me

Felt good man
>>
>>35680543
i got it for a long time, but eventually i learned to deal with it.
if i'm feeling REALLY drowsy and i fall asleep on my back, i often get it.
otherwise what i do is i just recognize that i'm having sleep paralysis, try to calm myself, close my eyes, and do what feels like falling back asleep, but i think is just letting the dream end. like just don't be scared by it.
last one i had i felt like i was floating in my room above my bed, and i could see my possessions floating around me. there was a shadow person above me and it was scary at first, but then i just let myself calm down and i just enjoyed floating for a bit until the dream ended. it was kind of cool.
sorry its happening to you, because it is scary. but i can recognize it now and it doesn't scare me anymore. sometimes it even lets me lucid dream for a bit.
>>
>Wake up from a dream
>Go about my business
>oh wait I'm sill dreaming
>Wake up for real
>Go about my business
>oh wait I'm sill dreaming
>repeat 5 times
>Actually wake up
I had a night terror once in which nothing actually scary happened but I still felt terrified
>>
I know the feeling, although I've never had sleep paralysis before, I used to get awful nightmares only to wake up and feel like someone was watching me from a dark corner in my room. I had bad sleeping habits before then, but it only made them worse because I was too scared to go to sleep. They only stopped once I was put on sleeping pills and could get myself into an actual routine at night time.
>>
It happens if I sleep on my back for whatever reason. Also if I fuck up trying to lucid dream and wake up, I get it.
>>
File: 4898594.png (565KB, 432x632px) Image search: [Google]
4898594.png
565KB, 432x632px
>>35680543
First time I got it legitimately thought I was abducted by aliens.
It was like scene form the Fourth Kind where the guy or girl whatever gets levitated by the alien forces and it speaks through him/her.
I get levitated into the air and my back arched so bad it felt like it broke, so I 'woke up' and thought I had snapped my spine, since I couldn't breath and move for like 5 seconds. Fucking terrifying. Didn't even tell my parents about it even though I felt like I was actually molested by aliens. It's one of the reasons I believe people who say they saw UFOs and didn't tell anyone because they feared ridicule.
The next time I had it was in a hotel room. Saw a shadow originating from the hotel room bathroom and just about fucking died from fear. I realized it was probably a sleep paralysis related thing and it went away.
>>
It happens to me if I sleep on my back, so avoid that.
>>
>>35680670
That's not sleep paralysis.
>>
>be me
>last year
>having a bizarrely happy dream
>my dreams are usually neutral in feeling
>walking down this abnormally wide street with rich houses on each side
>sunny day, but the heat is inoffensive with the slight breeze
>the entire street as far as the eye can see on both sides is filled end to end with carpets and wooden bars and chairs, like it's some sort of classy furniture store
>just walking around, it's beautiful, but there's no one in sight, no human sound, nothing
>something in my brain tells me i can't be this happy
>i feel it coming
>turn around
>quasi-homeless looking guy running violently at me, like he plans to gouge my eyes out
>tackles me
>all i hear is a high pitched ringing at this point
>this man is trying to beat me to death with his bare hands
>fighting for my life, knocking over furniture
>some part of me knows it's a dream, and that same part of me knows i'm about to just give up because it's a dream
>wake up in terror, with that same awful ringing sound
>can't move, i've been here before
>all i can do is let out a slow back-of-throat exhale in place of a scream while keeping my eyes as shut as possible
>i know if i open my eyes there's going to be a figure next to my bed, as i said, i've been here many times
>the ringing is a deafening static now
>eyes closed, somewhat meditating
>it all goes back to normal eventually

fuck i hate sleep paralysis
>>
>>35680543
I get them often. At least 20 per year. It was way worse when i was younger
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.