[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bingeeater/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_2366.png (35KB, 765x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2366.png
35KB, 765x758px
How many robots are binge eaters/compulsive eaters? Talk about your frustrations, successes, and if you have any tips on how to stop, please share.
>>
>>35674347
Bump. Cmon guys, we need to look out for one another
>>
File: bear.png (132KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
132KB, 380x496px
I did it again lads. I binged out like a fucking pig and month's worth of diet down the drain
>>
>>35674648

not true, you can't realistically even gain one pound from binge eating unless it's multiple sessions anyway
>>
File: 1434550292848.jpg (98KB, 983x752px) Image search: [Google]
1434550292848.jpg
98KB, 983x752px
I'm 384lbs.

I just got back from my binge eating run.
I went to three different restaurants in 1 run.

Burger King
>2 original chicken sandwiches
>jalapeno chicken fries
>large fry

Taco place
>3 barbacoa tacos

Sonic
>1 route 44 coke
>>
recovering binger here, have some tips:

1. Realize that food is not the ultimate key to good feels. The most important thing about quitting the binge is replacing it. I draw and sketch to feel good, but maybe you'd prefer exercise or solving equations or whatever.

2. Don't try to compensate for your binge behavoir by eating less during the day. You will get ravenous, you will crave the calories, you will overeat. Set up a strict eating schedule of 3 meals high in fiber and 2 healthy, pre-measured snacks.

3. Drink a lot of water, all the time. It will help you to feel fuller and give you something to have in your mouth and stomach.

4. Hold it off. If you're feeling like you want to binge, drink a glass of water and wait 30 mins to see if you're still hungry. If you are, eat an apple or some almonds and wait another 30 mins. Strengthen your self control, the ability to tell yourself "no"

5. Try to remember all the bad feels you get when you binge. Remember how you feel bloated and sick, and like a failure. Remember that the reward is a fleeting chemical you can get from better sources. But don't beat yourself up too much. Tomorrow is a new day.
>>
>>35674347
I binge eat in periods. We are talking stupidly large amounts of food
I started to purge afterwards though, and sometimes even during binging (Eat a lot, purge, eat a lot, purge, within the same hour).
Caused me to lose weight instead.
>>
>>35674869
Good tips anon. It's insane how repetitive these cycles are. I will binge and by the end of it I will feel so terrible and tell myself "never again." Then the next day I fucking reset and the same thing happens. It makes no sense. I guess I just hate myself alot
>>
please try keto and if you have binge eat mosly protein and fat (without carbs, like flour)
Eggs are awesome, low cal and lot's of protein
i also liked a lot homemade oats
>>
I clocked in at 100.5kg today. I'm almost below 100. This is very, very exciting.

>>35674869
Regarding #1 I still haven't found anything fun to do that isn't eating KFC or something. Anyone in the thread have any good ideas?
>>
>>35674922
OP here, I have also started purging after most of my episodes. My binges are absolutely insane too, to the point where I will have trouble walking
>>
>>35674869
>The most important thing about quitting the binge is replacing it. I draw and sketch to feel good, but maybe you'd prefer exercise or solving equations or whatever.

Drawing, exercise and solving equations are just remind me what a worthless piece of shit I am.

;_;
>>
>>35674989
I want you to know that you are a worthwhile and valuable person, just because you exist. All it takes to break a cycle is to do something differently the next time, and nothing more. I really want you to know how it feels to lie in bed at the end of the day without that regret on your shoulders, and I know you can do it! Even if you fall off the wagon a million times, just get right back on and you will succeed. You'll find what motivates you.
>>
>>35674815
I've done this before too anon. It feels so good during the run, but so bad afterward. Hang in there, tomorrow is a new day
>>
>>35675003
Congratulations anon, I'm glad to hear that you are excited about your progress! Keep going strong, I know that it is hard but you can do it
>>
>>35675100
I can only imagine going to bed guilt free. I appreciate your words, and I want to say that you are absolutely right. I need to start doing things differently
>>
>>35675003
swimming
knitting
going for walks
casual photography
making prank phone calls
learning about insects
cleaning your room
memorizing rap songs
aerobics
making rosaries
wearing a mask in public and scaring people
punchdancing
rearranging stuff in your house
keeping lizards
making windchimes out of stuff lying around
ect
Anything that keeps your attention and requires some focus is good, especially if it's something constructive. But it doesn't have to be.
>>
>order a burger and water to go
>when i get home see they also gave me a large fries i didnt ask for
>eat them anyway
>diet ruined for the day i might as well candy run
>might as well order three pizzas as well
>with dessert since i ate my candy
>now i feel worse so I'll buy beer to get drunk on
>stomach painfully distended
>4 beers in wave of nausea
>projectile vomit all over my bed
>>
>>35675199
I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you deserve this. You are powerful enough right now to get control, and you deserve control. Fight it!
>>
>>35675134
It's been such a long time since I did this. I don't know why today I snapped. I mean I've eaten way more food than that before but knowing that I drove to three different fast food places in less than 30 minutes kills me, which makes me want to eat more. It's a never ending cycle for me.
>>
>>35675244
I know these feels. It's very black and white. I either follow my diet perfectly or I eat 10,000 calories in a few hours. No in between
>>
>>35674745

1 pound is 3500 calories. it's easy as shit to eat/drink that much in one sitting if you're a compulsive fatty.
>>
File: 1489342066534.jpg (156KB, 948x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489342066534.jpg
156KB, 948x960px
>>35675244
I wish I could say I've never stuffed myself numbly until I vomited. Learn from it this time, man. Remember how it felt. Next time you take those large fries and throw them into the fucking gutter, don't even feel bad about wasting the food. Right now, the food is wasting you.
>>
>>35675334
Same here. Every time I mess up I go "fuck it, I already screwed up a little bit, so I might as well go all out." It's very all-or-nothing thinking. I am struggling to find any sort of balance
>>
>>35675420
A food addiction is he'll because you can't cut it out of your life like a drug. Do you cook at all? Learning some good recipes and getting rid of all your instant/premade stuff could help.
>>
May be an obvious solution, but not buying the food and having it in the house in the first place is a big help. Not the perfect solution but it removes temptation. If I can't be bothered leaving the house then it means I don't have junk food to eat
>>
>>35674347
I've actually recently been struggling with this.
I started my weight loss journey back in November, I managed to lose about 40lb.
Since about the start of this year, I've been binge eating once a week.
It has slowly been increasing in frequency and I've started to gain my weight back.
I put on about 5-8lb and I'm getting pretty fucking depressed that food seems to temporarily help with uncomfortable feelings where lifting used to help.
>>
>>35675420
The exact same kind of thinking I do. I've been seeing a doctor that wants to put me on a pill that helps binge eating but I need to lower my blood pressure first. I have another appointment on wednesday so we'll see how it goes.

>>35675471
Not that anon but I'm addicted to food. I try cooking for a few days then run out of food and get too lazy to go back to the grocery store so I drive to a fast food place instead. I'm all about instant gratification.
>>
>>35675491
You are right, it is a good solution. However, my own personal situation is difficult because I am in college and have a 7-day meal plan, meaning that I can potentially eat unlimited amounts of food from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM every day. It's too easy to fuck up
>>
>>35675590
Your food addiction is trying to fill in a deep hole that you have inside, an empty place. A pill won't help you there, so I might suggest talking with a therapist or doing some intense self reflection.
>>
>>35675590
Are you talking about vyvanse? I've been doing research on it, and I am going to ask my shrink about it when I see her in a couple of weeks. I have read quite a few success stories, but the downside is that it's an amphetamine. Still, I am so desperate that I will try anything. I've also heard that topamax can help.
>>
>tfw went the whole day without eating

>went for a 2 hour nightwalk

>just got home, drinking distilled water now

its all because i stopped smoking weed. when i got high i would eat 5000 calories worth of food but now that i stopped smoking i can actually resist the urge to eat. im going to make it
>>
Buy a cheap bracelet, doesn't matter of what, wear it as a reminder that you don't need to eat junk, put up little posters or sticky notes that say you don't need junk food, it needs you. Buy only healthy food and toss out the junk, fill your fridge with only healthy things and avoid junk isles at the stores
>>
>>35675651
I was also thinking this. I've been under a lot of stress these last couple of years that caused me to gain close to 60lbs. How do I go about finding a therapist?

>>35675686
I'm not sure to be honest with you. It was almost a month ago when she spoke with me. All I know is that she said it raises your blood pressure so since mine is already high I need to lower it which I hope I am after being on Lisinopril for a month. I wouldn't mind an amphetamine. My doctor thinks I might have ADHD but need to get tested. Maybe I'd be knocking two birds out with one stone.
>>
>>35675846
Next time you get a checkup, ask your primary care doctor for mental health resources where you live. Research places really well before you go so that you know they have experience solving the problems you're having. Good luck!
>>
>>35674347

I have hard poops and poop bright red blood a lot. I am sure its colon or rectal cancer. Fuck why me, why me.
>>
I lost 60 pounds last year, Said I was gonna take a break over the holidays and I'm still eating 3000+ calories a day
>>
>>35676024
Bright red probably means your anus is just torn from your brick poops. If if was internal bleeding, your stool would be black and tar-like. Eat some bran and yogurt and profit
>>
>>35676024
Prob just ripped your anus, happens with constipation, lube up your anis before a shot to reduce bleeding, eat more fibre
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (54KB, 547x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
54KB, 547x471px
Not a binge eater, but it makes me happy to see you guys work together and help each other
>>
File: anger.png (464KB, 515x525px) Image search: [Google]
anger.png
464KB, 515x525px
seriously. how do i fight cravings when my mom brings ice cream and my brother brings good foods from the market? How? Especially when Im home all day, is there a secret?
>>
>>35676456
Not memeing here you go I lost all of it and have abs now

everytime you think of food do the following
>think of a girl you like that is just out of your league
>pull your shirt up and press down into the fat, jump up and down, wiggle it around, make yourself disgusted by it
>drink a shit ton of water, make it a game to see how much you can drink at a time
>when home alone take your shirt off and just live like that

when you are constantly reminded you are fat and how uncomfortable all the fat rolls are you will start to subsconsicously feel that way everytime you think of food. It also makes the weight loss more noticeable as you will be more aware of the loss
>>
>>35674347
I binge eat every time I get high

5'8" 150 lbs
>>
>>35676456
I wish I knew. I have a hard time being in college, where I have to walk to the dining hall to eat. It's even easier to mess up when I am home during breaks, because the kitchen is so much closer and my mom also buys a ton of tasty but unhealthy food. I ask her to not buy so much but she never listens because "other people want this food" (my family members) even though I end up eating most of what she buys. I'm not fat at the moment (actually a bit skinny) and I used to be anorexic, so I think that she has this weird complex with wanting to feed me. It's a motherly instinct, moms can't help themselves
>>
i binge eat sometimes and skip meals other times. i had 2 dinners at a restaurant and a whole pizza then didnt eat the next day and had a few pieces of toast the day after
>>
>>35676606
A lot of people do. Does it bother you? And I know your feel, I'm a fellow normal weight binge eater here. 5'10 130 pounds, although I won't be for long if I can't get a grip on this destructive addiction
>>
>>35674869
I'm not a binge eater, but I am a recovering alcoholic. It amazes me how similar these addictions are based on not only the stories and impulses you guys seem to have compared to what I've done and dealt with when it comes to alcohol, but also in how some of the best strategies and tips as mentioned in the above post are also similar to those practiced by people like myself.

It's comforting in a way - we all have our struggles and are a lot more alike than we'd ever think. Good luck to everyone here and in other addiction-based threads.
>>
>>35674815
>I'm 384lbs.
post belly pls
If you're not getting any enjoyment out of being fat, at least let me get some
>>
>>35676791
but im not gay senpai
>>
>>35676883
I never claimed to be a man
>>
>>35676772
Thanks alcohol anon, best of luck to you too. Addiction is fucked but it is possible to recover and live a healthy life.
>>
>>35676772
Hey me too bud. Sure hope I don't fall victim to the delusion I can control and enjoy it ever again.
>>
File: joo41.png (232KB, 426x425px) Image search: [Google]
joo41.png
232KB, 426x425px
>>35676935
>i never claimed to be a man

get a load of this shit
>>
File: 1487828064254.jpg (64KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487828064254.jpg
64KB, 640x960px
>depressed
>only food makes me feel better
>failed a test the other day
>go get a cheeseburger and fries to cheer me up
>it's not working
>crying while eating a cheeseburger in public
>going to cry again thinking about it
>tfw you will never stop eating
>tfw wet burger
>>
File: vlcsnap2010012316h26m50.png (1MB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2010012316h26m50.png
1MB, 1200x720px
I've fallen in the habit again
gained 10 lbs the past month or two to get back to 180
I lost like 60 lbs in 2015 going down from 235 to 175
i plateaued but i was okay with it, i figured out my problem is just forgetting
set as many reminders about what your eating as possible, always have yourself read the nutrition contents.
That was the fastest way I lost weight, I just started reading them and felt grossed out that I was eating it, even if it felt good
>>
>>35677028
OP here, I binge eat because it is my only short term relief from depression too. It makes me more depressed afterwards, but even though I know this the desire for some sort of good feeling, no matter how fleeting, overpowers everything else. I made this thread because it is finals week for my college so I am stressed out, and I've been overeating for a couple of days now, with more to come. I wish that I could go back in time to when I was a kid, when I first started to use food for comfort. I would put a stop to it. I just want food to be food, and not something that has so much influence and control in my life
>>
Ate five cadbury creme eggs, also later I had two bags of the to go white cheddar cheese its washed down with some luke warm (the best way) coke.

I hate myself
>>
>roommate is failed normie
>eats to make himself happy because him and his old gf ate together a lot
>recently bought a whole pizza and a dozen wings for himself
>hear him puking it up an hour later
sucks to be you faggots, I'm gonna go eat a couple of chips and then close the bag
>>
>>35674815
Lmao... and I thought I was bad for eating 3000 calories per day. Holy shit, no wonder you're almost 400 lbs.
>>
File: 6wut.png (345KB, 598x433px) Image search: [Google]
6wut.png
345KB, 598x433px
>tfw overweight trucker getting my load in right now
>just a few hours ago I went to the Flying J and purchased 7 home run pies,3 bags of powered doughnuts, 4 truck stop hotdogs,and 2 quarts of coffee with 8 creams and 10 sugars
>put all of them in my bags
>climb up truck slowly and rest before I'm on the road again
>at anytime I can have a diabetic coma
what to do?
>>
>>35677989
Yeah I know it sucks. I wish I had more will power but I always succumb to food.
>>
File: skelebotdestroyeroffeels.png (200KB, 1389x1732px) Image search: [Google]
skelebotdestroyeroffeels.png
200KB, 1389x1732px
>>35676578
do you want an eating disorder?
this is how you start to induce an eating disorder.

>t. I understand the appeal
>>
File: fatjak.png (47KB, 1248x728px) Image search: [Google]
fatjak.png
47KB, 1248x728px
>ate 7000 calories today
There's no hope for me anymore lads, I'm /toofargone/
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>35677794
>1 pizza + 12 wings = vomit
I hope he's bulimic and not just that frail.
>>
>>35678295
what did you eat
oregano comment
>>
>>35678295
When all we feel is hopelessness, it becomes very easy to continue on this path. I know how you feel though. Is there anything that you can think of that could possibly motivate you?
>>
>>35678068
That's a tricky one, because I can imagine that truckers rely on food to keep you awake/not bored while on the road. Hang in there anon, maybe you could give audiobooks a try? I apologize for not having any good suggestions, I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in this struggle
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.