[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone want to start a robot hunter/gatherer community?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1487909422846.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1487909422846.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
Does anyone want to start a robot hunter/gatherer community? There's plenty of stuff to eat in the woods. We can hunt, eat bark, eat moss, eat wild onion, berries, mushrooms, dandelion roots. There's plenty of shit to eat. I think it could be done.
>>
>>35669131
I'll consider if you share the source.
>>
>>35669131
>eat bark, eat moss
Go ahead, I'll have a good laugh when they find your desiccated, frozen corpses.

Remember, all mushrooms are good to eat, poisonous mushrooms are a lie invented to keep the really tasty ones out of your hands. If it's bitter and spicy, chow down!
>>
I am studying ecology, and know some edible plants, but I am not sure what to think of this

Blackberries are excellent by the way
>>
>>35669206
Mushrooms are risky but you can eat bark. Just look it up, dumbass. Fossil records showed that Neanderthals ate bark, mushrooms, moss, and meat. You don't eat the outside of bark. There's a layer between the outside and inside you can eat. You can't eat all moss but if you do make sure to wash it
>>
I don't know, isn't that illegal?
>>
robots can barely survive in civilization
>>
>>35669131
This sounds like an excellent waste of time.
>>
>>35669294
>>35669307
Alright, pussies. Live under the normie's rules
>>
>>35669265
To add to that, not all trees are safe to eat. Pine trees are one of the safe ones.
>>35669244
If you want to give that up you would be really useful
>>35669270
Who cares?
>>
File: 1402881498807.png (112KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1402881498807.png
112KB, 900x600px
How long until this?
>>
>>35669538
The people that don't work won't get any food and they will die.
>>
>>35669581
Now that's the right kind of communism.
>>
>>35669131
Mushrooms have about 20 kcal per 100 grams. I don't know how calorie dense moss or tree bark is, but I'd guesstimate they have a similar caloric density with leafy vegetables, which is about 20 kcal per 100 grams. Yellow onion has 40 kcal per 100 grams. Beets also have 40 kcal per 100 grams, so wild roots probably have a similar amount of energy. Blueberries have about 60 kcal per 100 grams, and wild berries are probably similar.

Either way to reach a typical energy expenditure of 2000 kcal per day, you'd have to harvest and eat 4-10 kilograms of edible plants every single day. That's a lot of harvesting. You would pretty much have to hunt or fish in order to have a realistic chance of survival. Fish and lean meat are in the neighborhood of 150 kcal per 100 grams, so you'd need around 1.3 kilograms of animal protein to meet your energy needs.

Either way, you wouldn't be able to stay in the same place for very long before you ran out of plants and animals. So hopefully you have a big forest. There's a reason hunter-gatherers didn't build houses.
>>
>>35669131
Is rape allowed?
I'm gay
>>
>>35670237
Thanks for bringing up this information. I have a lot to think about.
>>35670313
If you're strong enough and you're sure the other group members wouldn't beat the shit out of you
>>
For anyone who's interested in Neanderthal teeth
http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/03/08/519048010/some-neanderthals-were-vegetarian-and-they-likely-kissed-our-human-ancestors
>>
>>35669131
most robot communities never survive long because we are toxic unlikable people
>>
>>35670727
We could learn to be better.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.