[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>considers himself smart >is bad at math

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: stroke city.png (126KB, 221x233px) Image search: [Google]
stroke city.png
126KB, 221x233px
>considers himself smart
>is bad at math
>>
I have an IQ of 142 and I unironically failed Algebra II. Maybe it's because I discovered the joys of Rum+Coke when I was 12.

You know what I'm doing now? Drinking more rum and coke. IQ is a meme.
>>
>>35667808
>142

according to what?

free online tests don't count
>>
File: 1485628481406.jpg (34KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
1485628481406.jpg
34KB, 600x815px
>>35667743
Shit happens when you're depressed, don't listen to the teacher and don't study at all. It's awful going from never having to had put in effort to get straight As to having to put in some amount of effort.
>>
>>35667834
>according to what

My parents made me take tests when I was 7, 9, 12, and 15. They were one of those crazy overachieving couples*. Official stuff, in a room with a psychologist or whatever. Scores averaged out to about 142. I'm telling you, it's a meme. If you don't have the work ethic, or if you inherited a variety of mental illnesses from your mother, you will achieve nothing no matter how high your IQ is. All the intelligence in the world means nothing if you don't bother to crack open a book.

*Ok, only my dad was. Ivy League-educated doctor, workaholic, the whole nine yards. My mother just got drunk and beat me.
>>
>>35667743
I HAVE THIS SUPERKOOL EPIK IMAGE FROM THE MEMEIST GAME OF 2k17 AND IM GOING TO MAKE A SHIT THREAD FOR NO REASON JUST TO SHOW IT OFF XDD
>>
>Doctor says they're smart because they had to take Calculus
>had to take Calc III and Differential Equations as an general engineer just to get my AS
>getting a BS as an Electrical Engineer with a math minor means you even spend 0 extra time and just replace shit classes with math ones
>I have written one (1) paper from year 3 and 4, and most classes you use the book as a reference, never actually having to study or take notes from it
>meanwhile every other major is writing papers and studying for EVERY FUCKING CLASS I MEAN SERIOUSLY HOW
>mfw people say this shit is hard or complicated
One really has to be retarded if a suicidal criminally insane person can do it
>>
>>35667808
Why would you fail Algebra ironically
>>
>>35668165
just one of the latest images I had, don't be mad
>>
>>35667808
>it means nothing
>but look at my high score!
You want attention from us anon. It's okay. You're smart even though you're a failure. Maybe one day you'll crack and prove it to the world.
>>
>>35668416
Yeah, I want attention. But I'm also trying to point out that IQ alone means little without work ethic. You can be smart by the generally accepted definition and still fail.
>>
>>35668147
wew lad. i also have an iq in the 140s and am working on a phd but i think im going to be forced to drop out because i am basically a bipolar crackhead junkie. my mind just can never be happy pretty much no matter what i do. i was having sex on heroin yesterday and still felt dead inside and had a vacant stare and was thinking about dying
>>
File: 1489182572038.jpg (108KB, 994x664px) Image search: [Google]
1489182572038.jpg
108KB, 994x664px
>considers himself smart
>is bad at anything
>>
File: anzu.jpg (30KB, 368x474px) Image search: [Google]
anzu.jpg
30KB, 368x474px
>bad at math, language and social skills
>still considered smart but lazy just because I looked like a nerd
>>
>>35668635
what about being bad at being dumb
>>
>>35667743
How can anyone be bad at math? It's just like following a recipe.
>>
>considers himself smart
>considers himself smart
>>
>>35667743
Nigga I still count on my hands, but I can fix your computer, build the house you live in while doing a v8 engine swap. It took me less than 8months to learn how to fix three cars from three different generations from three different makes.

IQ means nothing, everybody has something they are good at. I was professionally tested and my IQ is 105/110.
>>
>>35669822

Fair enough, math for underage is a bunch of magical formulas. I was ((good)) at maths, top of my class every year, until I reached University, discovered real maths and unironically failed my first exam.

>>35668243

Maybe some smart people are nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor, or simply don't put in the efforts. I knew a guy who decided not to work hard and had a few failures, he decided to take it more seriously and still became a math teacher a few years later.
I wouldn't have been able to do it even if you put a gun on my head. That's a rare occurence of "smart but lazy", I guess.
>>
File: 1489709341343.png (376KB, 674x674px) Image search: [Google]
1489709341343.png
376KB, 674x674px
>>35669822
>It's just following a recipe
Sure if you're talking about anything above differential equations or if you're trying to ".

131 (adult test by a psychologist) here, I do nothing but masturbate and play old video games all day.
>>
>>35670133
whoops forgot a part of my post because I was too busy shitposting elsewhere.
>or if you're trying to actually create a recipe*
>>
>>35667743
I had problems with forgetting remainders in long calculations which made me poor at basic arithmetic. By the time I was learning algebra and above I had stopped caring about school and faking sick once or twice a week (every day actually, but my mom only sometimes believed it) So I couldn't really follow it.
Other subjects if you missed important material you failed one quiz or test and that was the end of it. Never need to learn that again. But math builds on itself, so I got further and further behind.

When I started homeschooling, and actually worked through the material, I did pretty well in algebra and assume I could take it as far as I like. But I see no real point now that I'm shitty NEET adult.
>>
>>35667743
>be good at math
>bad at everything else
>never did homework

Man, how can I be a worthless neet who barely graduated and be smart.

Fuck intelligence. It's a meme. People need something more like "drive" or something.

Probably going to kill myself.
>>
math is the dumb intelligence nobody wants or needs
>>
>considers himself smart
>doesn't get straight A's
>>
>>35667743
>being good at math when there is literally a calculator on every single technological advice, you can actually google most math problems and have it solved.
Doesn't seem very smart to put all that time into something that's obsolete.
>>
>>35670669
>implying OP talked about basic math
>>
>>35669856
This.
Think Plato or Socrates had something to say about this, "i know nothing" or something to that effect.
>>
>>35667743
>Decent enough at maths to understand everything the first time it is explained to me
>Never look back over it and fail every test and exam

Why am I so fucking retarded? Someone should kick my teeth in.
>>
>>35668184
>Calc and other objective classes are ezpz
>Stuck taking econ with a godawful online homework system that's ruining my grade
WHY CAN'T EVERYTHING HAVE NICE DEFINED RIGHT ANSWERS LIKE CALCULUS HOLY FUCK
>>
>>35667743

/thread

Now you can calm and go to another thread, you dumbfuck.
>>
>IQ of 140
>can't muster the strength to leave my bed every morning
How do I make it.
>>
>IQ of 92
>happily making $60k a year pushing pills into old people with a 2 year degree

IQ is for suckers
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.