[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smoking Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

I've always scoffed at the idea of cigarettes as a social tool until I started smoking.

While working on the set of a student film for uni I've had classmates, who would otherwise never associate themselves with me, come up to me and ask to bum a smoke. Even the actress, a complete stranger, approached me for a cigarette and we got to talking for a bit.

As a khv this won't solve all your problems but there is something to be said about the power to make this instant connection with people through your mutual habit. Especially at uni, if you can get yourself around other people, trust me it works. Plus it makes you feel good and look cool.

So anon, why haven't you started smoking yet?

To smoking anons, discuss favorite brands, zippo maintenance, whatever.
>>
I used to smoke back in Uni but, then I quit and started vaping. My favorite brands were Dunhill, Gold Leaf, Marlboro.
>>
>>35663386
Can confirm, smoking helps socializing.

Can't smoke too much anymore because of a medication I take, but my favorites were always American spirits, marlboro, and kamel
>>
>makes you look cool
Not anymore. 10+ years ago maybe. Now smokers are perceived similarly to fat people who drink diet pepsi.
>>
File: evil emu.jpg (90KB, 928x696px) Image search: [Google]
evil emu.jpg
90KB, 928x696px
>>35663503
>vaping
>neck yourself
>>
>>35663386
>tfw you smoke in uni and still no one talk to me

it's sad
>>
>>35663575
Kek. Whatever you say. It's much better than smoking. Dank clouds bruh
>>
>>35663572
i think u may be confused with ppl who vape .
>>
>>35663595
Only time vaping is acceptable is with weed bc it's more efficient and you can use concentrates
>>
>>35663563
Hell yeah.
Blue American Spirit is top-tier.
>>
>>35663667
Those were the ones I smoked, good taste
>>
>>35663386
bs, I've been smoking for 6 years and nothing of the sort has happened to me
you're obviously just a chad if you think that smoking can help your social life
>>
>>35663632
i wholeheartedly agree brobot .
>>
Du Maruier and Export A Green masterrace.

when im feeling self destructive even more i buy bags of 200 for 10 bucks from the natives
>>
>>35663583
Rather then wait for others to approach, try approaching others you see smoking. Pretend your lighter is out of fluid, this gives you an excuse to at least approach and they will oblige. Then you can determine whether you should move on or stick by them and smoke together.
>>
>>35663705
Like I said, you need to put yourself out there and find other smokers. Then again, I can only sleak from a uni perspective and I'm sure the advantages are much less as a NEET or even a wagie where you are inside at your desk all day.
>>
File: faefdsfda.png (215KB, 530x941px) Image search: [Google]
faefdsfda.png
215KB, 530x941px
I stared smoking because of work. An excuse to take a break. Then I thought about just smoking outside of bars and shit. Maybe I'll chat up with a gril. But no. They'll just bum a cig off you. Like Chad or a hobo. Don't smoke kids. Please. Waste of money. You're better off being an alcoholic. It's legal, like cigs. You'll have higher success with drunk grils. Don't get addicted to bullshit nicotine that doesn't even get you high or anything. If you're already addicted, just stop for a week. JUST STOP. You'll be angry and shit. But ignore it. Fight it. You'll win. After 3 days you're free. You don't need that shit. Sure, you might end up smoking a cig or two if you drink, they're a match made in heaven, I'm actually smoking right now because I'm drinking, It's great. But remember. Don't fall for it. Nicotine withdrawals are NOTHING. You'll be agitated and shit because of withdrawal, but it's worth it. It's not like you're withdrawaing from benzos or alcohol, which can kill you btw. Hell, even heroin withdrawal is NOTHING compared to benzo/alcohol withdrawal. Going to drink? Don't drink 2 days straight. You'll never become dependent. Take it from a decade old alcoholic. If you give yourself a 24-48hr break in between alcohol binges, you'll never become dependent on alcohol and suffer deadly withdrawals. Stay safe lads.
>>
As someone with mental illness, without smoking I never would have made it through a year of commitment in a mental institution.

Smoking was a privilege you earned and then you could go out and hang out iwth all the other crazies and smoke once an hour. It was great.
>>
It's true you'll meet people easier, but you will also smell like shit all day and girls who don't smoke won't want to be around you
>>
>>35663881
McMurphy? Is that you?
>>
>>35663916
Smell is not so bad if you're not weak willed and can limit yourself to a few cigs a week or, even better, become a social smoker and only bum off others
>>
>>35663846
can you alchies stop talking about benzo withdrawal?
you know nothing of benzo withdrawals
RAPID (less than 2 weeks lol doctors) taper from 12 mg klonopin 4 months ago, not sure whether to kill myself or start taking them again, hell has no floor
>>
>>35663846
I just quit after 3 months of drinking straight. I had librium for a few days to help but I feel like killing myself. The depression is killer.
>>
File: 654654.png (51KB, 602x565px) Image search: [Google]
654654.png
51KB, 602x565px
>>35664014

lol? I've taken prescribed benzos for almost a decade now and quit 2 times. Don't talk to me about benzo withdrawal, kid. I'm not even talking about withdrawals from abuse like kids these days do. I withdrawal from PRESCRIBED doses. I can only imagine how bad it is for drug abusers buying benzos off the street. Even worse.

>2 weeks taper from 12mg

LMAO! 12mg? Tapered from a doctor from 12mg? A doctor gave you 12mg klonopin? HAHAHA!! You're so full of shit. Even if a doctor put you on half that, that's extremely unlikely. Just shut the fuck up before you get someone killed. Faggot kid wannabe edgelord. I'll fuck you up before I kill myself. Even if you at 6mg, you'd be dependent after a month. No fucking doctor is going to bump you up to even 6mg after only 4 months of use LMFAO. Wow, you got me. You triggered me with your bullshit.

>>35664068

That's good that you were able to. But I wouldn't recommend anyone drinking for 2 weeks straight, I'm talking drinking all day, like at least 1L of liquor a day. You'll be put on benzos for a week or two to detox, to avoid seizures and shit. Just shows you have bad being dependent on benzos are.
>>
>>35664164
I drank 15 beers a day. At the end of it it didn't even get me drunk anymore because of my tolerance. That's all I could afford to drink. Hard liquor is taxed too heavily. I quit because I ran out of money.
>>
I don't trust my self when it comes to something like cigarettes.

I can barely control myself with Oreos so I just don't think it's worth the risk to suffer through the many health risks associated with cigarettes.

That's being I have no problem shutting my self in my room all weekend letting my self rot into my chair
>>
>>35664204

I don't drink beer anymore either. I'd have to chug them to get a buzz then I'll feel bloated. And I was drinking 5.5% beer. I moved up to liquor but then I was drinking over 1L a day with diet soda. I found the next cheapest thing, malt liquor. A 40oz of malt liquor costs $2.50. I drink about 4 a day, more or less. 750cals each. It's why I'm a fat fuck with a fatty liver, but I keep drinking. Also, liquor stores here are open from like 9am-9pm, closed on sundays, gas station malt liquor more convenient, open at 7am and close at 12pm.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.