[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bandfeels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2121.jpg (20KB, 235x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2121.jpg
20KB, 235x200px
Anyone else /bandfeels/ here?

>be me
>play music since I was 2
>spend two years learning how to shred on guitar
>spend hours writing songs and get a band together
>move in to a house with my friends who are in a bunch of bands
>My friends won't help me book shows even though they book them all the time
>they won't play in a band with me but will play in bands with literally anyone else who asks them
>ask everyone who books on my city if I can play
>get ignored
>they all jerk each other off all the time on normie book about how inclusive the scene is and it makes me furious

All I want to do is play live and present my music to the world. Feels real bad
>>
Where are you. I'd meet up and play with you. Especially if you have original songs.
>>
File: EEEEF3AA-1.jpg (379KB, 647x1152px) Image search: [Google]
EEEEF3AA-1.jpg
379KB, 647x1152px
>tfw your band gets on America's got talent
>tfw you make it to the quarter finals.
>tfw you get voted off and realize it's completely rigged and was a terrible experience.
>tfw you get offers to go on tour afterwards, but the singer refuses because she doesn't want to miss school.
>tfw band falls apart because of this.
>>
Everyone's a flake here in north east Ohio and drummers are impossible to find. Every band I've been in has fallen apart because of drummers.
>>
>tfw they just added a roastie to the band and you feel the whole comfortable dynamic is gone

I don't know what she's like but I think this is a death sentence
>>
>>35662398
The band will probably fall apart because of her. Female singers are a dime a dozen and most of them are extremely needy.
>>
>>35662014
Nashville, but planning on moving back to portland in 2 months
>>
>>35662485
Darn. I'm probably going to end up moving to Nashville later this year.
>>
>>35662049
Damn that's a harsh feel

>>35662328
Here in Nashville drummers are easy to come by it seems, its bassists that are hard to find
>>
>>35662499
Well good luck to you. It's a pretty cool city.
>>
bump for interest

>be in the orchestra for an opera
>sit next to qt3.14 violin player
>she reads my last name in the program and asks me where I'm from
>tell her my parents are from argentina and honduras
>"So you do you prefer food from Argentina or Honduras?"
>autism kicks in
>"Well... I really like mac n'cheese"
>she thinks it's funny and talks to me the rest of the show
I might just make it bros

Also,
>tfw no one to start a jazz combo with
>>
>>35662553
well, there is barely any truly argentinian food, 90% of our local recipes comes from Europe or border countries, so you answered pretty well
>>
>>35662553
Know any awesome jazz piano players to check out? I'm really into hiromi and Oscar Peterson
>>
>>35662505
>>35662499
I'm literally a bassist
>>
>>35662049
You from rowlett texas?

I feel like I've seen this before
>>
>>35662916
Dallas fampie. And I've never posted this experience before
>>
>>35662929
No, I mean I feel like I heard about that scenario elsewhere.

Did a bit of Google and found this

http://starlocalmedia.com/rowlettlakeshoretimes/she-s-going-to-hollywood-rowlett-teen-makes-it-on/article_0ca7f992-bad7-11e5-bdc1-3f0768615537.html
>>
>tfw classicly trained oboist
>went to school for blowing into sound-making tool instead of getting something that actually gives you a secure job
>only get to play in orchestras if someone is sick and only get first chair position in orchestras that play in one horse towns and don't pay you for shit
>can't join a band because no one wants an oboist unless they're pretentious hipsters who only play in coffee shops to other hipsters who are too nice to admit that they like shit music
>can't openly talk about classical music because the way i talk about it goes over people's heads and i come off as incredibly pretentious and rude
>have to pretend to like pop songs and not get on a soapbox about how they're all shit
>have to listen to people who claim to love music but can't even read music like someone claiming to love reading but doesn't know the alphabet
>have to play meme pop songs on a meme instrument like the guitar to even get some kind of recognition for something i spent my whole professional life working for
>hate myself more and more every day and just wish i had gotten a real degree instead of betting my bottom dollar on an actual meme instrument no one cares about
If you're thinking about going to school for music, DON'T. Unless you can't get in to a highly prestigious school, being schooled in music is a waste of time and effort. Get a real degree and learn music on the side by all means, but don't do what I did.
>>
>>35662049
That's really cool, man. Sorry things didn't go better though.
>>
File: bamvagina.jpg (444KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bamvagina.jpg
444KB, 666x1000px
Tfw I have to compensate for the other guitarist and play bass in the recording, essentially making me half the band, but the other guitarist gets more attention because boobs.

She can't even play to a metronome for fucks sake...
>>
>>35662998
I'm still good friends with the drummer, but we could have made a lot of money of the singer wasn't a stuck up bitch.
>>
>>35662985

I play viola.

I almost went to the conservatorium, but decided to do science at the last minute.

The joke is on me though, there are no jobs in science either.
>>
File: 1489639389734.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1489639389734.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
> childhood friend asked me to join his busking crew.
> somebody tipped me off that he talked shit to my prom date and he was the reason she didn't wanna dance with me anymore. He also talked shit about me post prom
> cut all communications with him 3 months after finding out over the summer
> tfw he now has a life threatening condition that doctors can't diagnose
> tfw he flips drugs to pay his college tuition and I can ruin his life by calling cops
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.