[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did suicide become cool?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: t3_60cwkn.jpg (23KB, 720x358px) Image search: [Google]
t3_60cwkn.jpg
23KB, 720x358px
When did suicide become cool?
>>
>>35658855
I don't know, pretty recently I guess? Maybe around 2010? I'm not sure when "i want to le die" humor started being popular
>>
I can picture it because I've probably done some shit like that. It's like a joke but with a nugget of truth in it.
>>
idk but its fucking weird...at work the normies all joke about it constantly. I am now able to join in and seem pretty normal I guess except I'm just talking normally no jokes
>>
last year
literally famalam suicide became funny and hilarious because of " I have le crippling depression " memes
normies ate that shit up
>>
I think it's just a reaction to the emo/scene period of the 00s
>>
>>35658855
About two years ago I think

>>35658942
>I am now able to join in and seem pretty normal
I tried once and everybody acted really put-off and weirded out when I did it. Maybe they could tell I'm not just memeing like they are
>>
>>35658855
Schopenhauer, probably
>>
>>35658995
How do you meana/?
>>
When the internet turned the masses from disgusting, self-obsessed assholes to disgusting, self-obsessed assholes with an audience of eager listeners. This latest craze can easily be blamed on effeminate faggots like Owlturd, KC Green and that cunt who did Pictures for Sad Children or whatever it was called.
>>
>>35658977
this
fuck that normie idubbztv cancer
>>
>>35658977
yup

Reddit picked it up
>>
>>35658855
since emo became mainstream
>>
>>35660299
i like idubbbz but hate when people quote him
>>
File: IMG_7489.jpg (129KB, 632x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7489.jpg
129KB, 632x960px
The same time that taking out loans and being fucking surprised you have to pay them back.
>>
File: IMG_6614.jpg (198KB, 1080x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6614.jpg
198KB, 1080x1070px
>>35658855
I like it.

I'm able to announce how fucking miserable I am to the world without fear of consequence.

It could just be that a lot of people see it as the only way to cope with life as of right now. School is stressful, relationships suck, might as well joke about how much you want to die to ease the pain.
>>
File: suicide man.jpg (278KB, 1500x1221px) Image search: [Google]
suicide man.jpg
278KB, 1500x1221px
>>35658855
Despite what r9k thinks most normies want to fucking die. Their lives are hollow and miserable. Roasties with dozens of sex partners are racked with feelings of self loathing and regret that no robot will ever have. Sometimes the thing worse than not getting what you want is getting it. Vapid normies don't have anything to keep themselves going except for the approval of other normies. So they maintain the charade and through layers of irony occasionally play off and vent their anxieties that maybe spending $300 a weekend isn't fulfilling
>>
>>35658855
The economy is shit, the culture is shit, everyone keeps telling you it's your fault no matter what, it doesn't seem like it's getting any better in the future
Hence self depreciating humor and the use of death and suicide
That's what people relate to these days
>>
>>35660911
They don't take you seriously though because it's a hip new meme.
>>
>>35661039
Good. Less chance of them calling the cops on me.
>>
When depressed failed normies started making those 'crippling depression' memes
>>
File: Smug_Hanging_Pepe.png (539KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
Smug_Hanging_Pepe.png
539KB, 700x500px
A few years ago because normalfags need an outlet to be "edgy". Goth culture is dead and saying you want to die because of trivial shit is funny to them. They are just memeing about it w/ no underlying truth to it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.