[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General questions and advice thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: badrolls.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
badrolls.png
280KB, 452x710px
>be me, 18, freshman in college
>be in computer science lecture
>cute girl sits in front of me
>You know what? I'm going to talk to her. Enough of this beta robot bullshit.
>class ends, I get up as she does, leave class with her
>ask her name, Angelica
>we talk all the way through the building, and I ask for her number
>she gives it to me
>yessss.gif
>Text her later that day asking if she wants to meet up at a local coffee shop
>she says yes
>meet up, talk for an hour, get her a coffee, date is going great
>lots of common interests
>eventually leave, things went well!
>be a couple days later, spring break starts
>text her, asking if she wants to meet up (she lives nearby)
>no response.

It's been a week, all of spring break went by, and no response. I know she read my text because it's marked as read. What do?
>>
File: 1489443642202.jpg (143KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1489443642202.jpg
143KB, 1000x563px
>>35655442
She got the attention she wanted out of you and has no further need for you. You were used by a roastie, you stupid normie.
>>
>>35655442
Don't send anything else. You'll come across as desperate. Just find a new girl to dote on.
>>
File: 1488860129870.jpg (93KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1488860129870.jpg
93KB, 560x577px
>>35655442
fffffuuuuuuuuccccckkkk that hurts man. The marked as read and no response treatment. Could you not try talking to her in person again? That seems like the best course of action, at least that's what I would do. If you text her again you might come across as needy/desperate like others have said. Just approach her in person and strike up some conversation, then ask if she's ever up to hang out again. If she gives you some excuse and then never texts you, then move on. But who knows, try your chances in person. Good luck man
>>
>>35655536
This op. You did well up to that point so congratulations

She probably just didn't like you as much as you thought she did [Spoiler]or she was sucking Chad's cock the whole time
>>
>>35655612
>>35655613
>>35655536

Yeah, wasn't planning on texting her again. I want to talk to her in person but I'm not sure what to say. I don't want to seem like a pushover, but I don't want to be too aggressive about it.

Also I don't buy that whole "stacey/normie" mentality. She seems like a really nice person. She's not "using" me, the coffee costed $2.
>>
>>35655442
Right now, it could be anything but don't get too worked up and look for other women. So what if she just ignored you she won't be the last until you find the right one.
>>
>>35655694
Thanks, that's some really good advice.
>>
>>35655681

>I want to talk to her

just stop dude.
You had a nice time and leave it at that.
There's no telling why she didn't respond but if she wanted to respond she would have.
Don't go down this road.
You decided not to be a beta anymore, stay on that path.
Why would you revert back to betahood the INSTANT you begin to experience life as a non-beta?
>>
>>35655681
Yeah, I think it's a somewhat interesting mentality to think about but I don't really buy into it either. That's good, because if you buy into it it'll come out in your everyday lif and then you screw yourself

I think in person you could say something like, "Hey, how was spring break?" or "hey, haven't talked to you in a minute" or something. Just a nice conversation, talk about what you guys would usually talk about, and then transition into hanging out again. That'll let you know if you should put any more energy into developing this relationship into anything more.

>>35655694
I agree with this too.

>>35655734
don't listen to this dude, i think you know that though
>>
>>35655734
Hey, hey, fair point. I appreciate you keeping me on track. I'm not going to ignore her. If she talks to me I'll pleasantly engage in conversation, but her loss I guess. I'll just keep an eye out for other girls I'm into.
>>
>>35655681
Say nothing other than a greeting if need be. She may have forgotten to send a response, god knows I accidentally do that.
>>
>>35655681
Don't bring it up. Don't act like nothing happened either, just act emotionally distant. If you act angry it gives her the attention she craves but if you kiss her ass you're a bitch, so instead make her desperate for your attention and you can choose what to do from there.
>>
>>35655764
I totally agree with you, but I'm not going to force a conversation. If she wants to talk I'll be happy to, and I'll probably say a quick hi in class.
>>
>>35655786
Sure, but that's also assuming that she'll be desperate for my attention at all. I'm not gonna bring it up, and I have no reason to be angry or upset.
>>
>>35655774

>I'm not going to ignore her. If she talks to me I'll pleasantly engage in conversation, but her loss I guess.

This is autistic, btw, and probably why she stopped responding.
Stop thinking about her entirely.
>>
>>35655867
It'd be autistic to act distant and ignore her if she talks to me.

I'm not a robot, by the way. I've been in several relationships. I think you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>35655838
If she's not who cares? Play the distance card and if it works it works, if not it's nothing lost.
>>
>>35655914

It's autistic to plan how you're going to react ahead of time and shows low emotionally intelligence.

also
>i've been in several relationships I'm above your advice
>posted on /r9k/

nice memeing bro, thanks for wasting everyone's time by being such a dumbass
>>
>>35655955
It isn't autistic to think about your emotions and how you feel about them. And it certainly isn't autistic to consider what your stance on a situation is, especially in regards to another person.

Is it really that unbelievable that I've had relationships but I still come onto this board out of fear of reverting back into being a robot? Come on, dude. Dial back the aggression.
>>
>>35655442
Don't listen to most of these autists.

She's ghosting you, it's a thing people do. She may have thought you were fine but didn't feel any need to take things further. A lot of people are shit at communicating their emotions and resort to stuff like that rather than confront you about it.

It's not the end of the world. Just move on, talk to another girl. The fat that you went on a date wither her means you're already more socially developed than most people here.

If by some chance she does engage with you again, and you don't mind the ambivalence then just go along with it I guess. Some women do weird shit like that, but there's no point in overthinking it.
>>
>>35656139
Yeah man, totally. Thanks for that, probably the best advice so far.
>>
First, consider whether or not she might just be busy getting schoolwork done since the break is over. Sometimes teachers give homework over spring break, and sometimes people procrastinate until the last minute. Text her again in a week or two, and maybe once more after finals. If she doesn't respond, give up.

In the meantime, don't wait on her, if other options are presented, go for it. You have no obligations OP.
>>
Also, since you actually went on a date with her, consider you upset her by waiting so long to text her. Also, I just read you texted her before spring break so scratch maybe schoolwork, although it's like 1% on the plate.

She may have been partying, got hung over, and totally forgot you ever texted her. You might have texted her when she was drunk, and she just checked her phone and put it down. She may not remember your text even though it says she read it.
>>
>>35655806
Don't talk to her. She doesn't want you, man. If she did, she'd have replied. Move along, this will happen many more times.
>>
>>35655442
She's a cute girl in a comp science class that went for you. Consider that she might also be autistic and not know what to say back. Who knows? Don't listen to the jaded Debbie downers around here.
>>
I guess I'll ask for my own advice. I met this girl three years ago in class, we didn't talk much but I thought she was pretty cute. She was the shy quiet type. Fast forward to this year, I realized I was falling for her without evening knowing her that well. I asked her out on a date but she appreciated the offer, but she was talking to someone else. I am stuck being hopeful that if it doesn't work, she'll take up my offer so at least I'll have a chance.

How do I move on? I've had my share of relationships and breakups and rejections, but I've never been so hung up on something like this except with her.
>>
>>35656706
Autistic girls are not affected remotely the same as autistic men.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.