[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just some stuff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1489560933666.jpg (35KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1489560933666.jpg
35KB, 484x497px
My father is a "White American," his family has been here for quite some time. My mother is Indonesian with some Dutch. Despite being Hapa, I've always been considered White by the community. I guess it's a side effect of living in a majority minority State.

I don't know if I have any real identity. I grew up around military families and developed a southern draw despite never living in the region. I can't really identity as white or Indonesian as neither group really accepted me. Hell, some workers thought I was French the last time I went to Indonesia. I can't identity as a Californian or North Dakotan as others can, as calling yourself Hawaiian or saying you're from Hawaii is a big fuck up if you're white or "don't act local."

Has anyone else ever dealt with this sort of identity crisis? I don't really know what I am, and I don't try to let labels affect me. I've been called everything from a Nazi to a mutt, but I've just start to wonder what I am.
>>
You're Indonesian and White American with Southern influences.. etc.

You're YOU anon. There's no easy label or stereotype for you but hey you get to enjoy the benefits of every piece and experience that makes up your life. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have so much going for you that the fact that you can relate on some level to so many different kinds of people is itself pretty impressive and worthwhile.
>>
>>35655108
Thanks for posting.

I guess you're right, you are who you make yourself out to be.

Shame I despise the behavior of Indonesian immigrants. They formation of enclaves and inability to assimilate. I guess I'm that meme hapa they have on /pol/. I'll set out to make my own way. Guess this ends this thread.
>>
I'm a pale Irish and Hispanic American. My identity isn't tied to my ethnicity and yours shouldn't be either. You can love your culture/cultures and love others, but who you are isn't were your from. You are you.
>>
>>35655165
I think you took what I said and molded it into what you were already thinking sepnaitchi. You still seem plenty negative and I'd like to help.

>Shame I despise the behavior of Indonesian immigrants. They formation of enclaves and inability to assimilate
I can understand that. I'm Mexican and can see the flaws of my people and country as clearly as anyone else. Yet I still love and enjoy my identity when I hear our music, eat our delicious food, feel the strong bonds within our family, see the passion and humor with which we do things, etc.

Isn't there anything you enjoy about being Indonesian? I'm sure you can find something to be proud of on your mother's side. I'm certain there's plenty of Indonesian culture that you can hold onto and be proud of.
>>
>>35655356
I enjoy the "virginity," for lack for lack of better word, of the Islands. People there in the country side are untouched by the issues we face in the west. They are generous and kind, especially the folks who run inns and little shops are nice as heck.

I am proud of my grandfather who survived WW2, the Japanese occupation and managed to rise up to be an Oil Executive simply by teaching himself English and working hard and moving up. I enjoy Indonesia itself, but I for some reason I can only see the flaws of a society in an immigrant community.

>>35655247
I understand, I just long for a community I can be proud to represent to those outside of it. Rather petty.
>>
i feel sorry for you anon
i don't even want to imagine the struggle of hapa life
no history, no future, being the product of your parents race-fetish
modernity was a mistake
>>
>>35655789
I don't look Asian nor do I look fully white. At least I've been told I'm attractive throughout the years and I managed to hold several decent relationships.

I plan to continue down my path of pursing a career in Medicine, hopefully I can find a community I can be a part of. Eh
>>
>>35655789
Why feel sorry for him? Memes and reality aren't the same thing lad.

He has two parents worth of history and maybe two parents who are still together which is more than can be said of millions of divorced "pure" marriages.
>>
>>35655847
>hopefully I can find a community I can be a part of
A hard working, honest person is welcome anywhere anon.
>>
>>35655866
It isn't really a meme. Though "pure marriages" are ending in divorce, especially with the corruption of morals or the inability of couples to overcome disputes, at least the children are born into something they understand. Something that has a history. I'll never be fully accepted by both racial groups, but I guess that doesn't matter.

>>35655892
I sure hope so. Thanks.
>>
>>35654826
My mother family came from jews, my father family is from spain and i was raised in southamerica. I just embrace all the cultures i came from desu, i like the learn about the two cultures that are blood related to me and i have been slowly growing attached to the culture i was raised on. You don't need to be one specific stuff, just thing about yourself as a mix and be done with it. (Even proud if you like something in particular about your blood roots)
>>
>>35654826
Being a hapa has caused an identity crisis for me too. I was "raised white" and I definitely pass as white, but i know ill never fully be white. I know its shitty to resent my asian side, but im at the point where when people ask i just tell them im full white.
>>
>>35656005
I have light brown hair and hazel eyes, and I was born "white' in complexion, the sun has given me a light tan. I was raised white, my proximity with military bases made me make friends with mainly white kids.

I'll never fully be white, but I guess being hapa gave me a view of the world I wouldn't have had other wise. I learned the truth about the effects of race mixing. Luckily I turned out fairly fine, minus the lack of an identity. I learned about how immigrant communities really are. How patronizing the left is to minorities and so on. Eh, a double edged sword.
>>
>>35655946
>Something that has a history
Why is your history invalidated by having two parent from different races? If anything that makes you the culmination of two very rich histories. I'm pretty sure your friends and family accept you just fine.

>>35655991
Nice
>>
>>35656094
Because neither of your parents' races will accept you as one of their own. It's less about lack of history, as obviously everyone will have a family history, and more about lack of an in-group. If you're mixed white and asian you can say you're proud of the rich history of your white and asian sides, but guess what if you actually visit white people and visit asian people neither one of them will ever consider you a part fo them.

It's like you get to have two histories and two cultures but you can't really participate in either one. You don't really belong.
>>
>>35654826
Move to Califonia, say you're from San Diego and your dad is a Marine NCO, go to uni, and try to restrain your autism. No one will question it.
>>
>>35656482
People will probably accept OP just fine. You mean strangers right? Local people? Because I'm sure OPs friends and family accept him just fine. OP's lack of accent and naive ass looking mannerism will be what probably get him wierd looks and high prices in Indonesia rather than how half white he looks.

>you can't really participate in either one. You don't really belong.
I seriously know don't anything about Indonesia but most countries have been dealing with a different skin color here and there for hundreds of years. What is participating to you? He can probably do American things all day.
>>
This entire thread is just one more reason people shouldn't race-mix. They don't even take their kid's plight into consideration, all they care about is fucking. I'm mixed and grew up in an accepting area, never had any issues because of it but am plagued by internal conflict every day. All it has made me want to do is destroy everyone who thinks creating people like me is ok.
>>
File: 1488340340839.jpg (123KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1488340340839.jpg
123KB, 640x1136px
>>35656703
have you told your old man that he should've cum in your mom's mouth
>>
>>35654826
>I don't have any group heritage or loyalty.
>nothing about my society is of value to me
You have unironically accepted the le redpill without even realising it.
No but seriously though, that is the aim of the globalists. Create a population that holds no historical, racial, or cultural heritage that becomes disenfranchised with society and either acts out, or retreat from it to become a recluse.

I don't know if there is a fix lad, but objectively, western society and base values are the best that humanity has managed to invent .
Emulate these values.
Critical and free thought (think enlightenment)
Civic nationalism (if you don't have racial nationalism)
Secularism
>>
File: 1487086044795.jpg (48KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1487086044795.jpg
48KB, 720x715px
>>35654826
Sorry if that will sound a little cliche and you might have heard that around already: why do you care?
Is your identity, or who you consider yourself to be, truly set by the color of your skin or your lineage? I don't know how it is in America, but where I live this has very little to do with who you are, and it has more to do with your values, what you believe in and who you strive to be.
If you want to be in one group, go ahead and make a place for it. Being a part of a group by the mere value of being ethnically a part of it is just one way. Someone that is smart, or even sincere to it's core beliefs will be ale to go anywhere.
As for being called a nazi...Well, do you seriously believe that someone that pulls this kind of accusations is really worth listening to?

You are who you are, creating an identity around some ethnically based rule is a bad idea, and you know it, so just be yourself man.
And that's original...
>>
>>35656674
Participating means being readily, identifiable as a member of the in-group by natives. In other words being able to blend in perfectly without anybody assuming you're a foreigner.

Most Asian countries are ethnically homogeneous so yeah while I'm sure they know how to "deal with" other races they sure as hell don't consider them a part of their people and culture. America is a bit of a different story because there are multiracial areas, particularly on the coasts, where being a bit of an off-white isn't going to turn any heads, but you still don't fit into any of the quintessential American identities i.e. White American, African America, Hispanic American, etc. You're none of those. You'd be out of place in Chinatown and you'd be out of place in a 99% white town in New England or wherever.

And yeah, none of this means OP doesn't have friends or whatever. People liking you is not the same as people considering you a part of their people though. I'm friends with a bunch of filipino kids and they accept me and consider me a part of their group just fine. They still don't see me as filipino though, and I sure as hell still feel out of place and a bit left out when I go to their filipino students' association events.
>>
>>35656821
>hanging out with Flips
Disgusting desu
Every flip I've met is a deceptive scheming fuck. Koreans and Japs are the bro-tier Asians.
>>
>>35656865
Nah flips are cool mang. There really aren't any westernized east asians at my school to begin with anyways, just fobby chinks who don't even talk to anyone except themselves.

Poos and pakis are the ones who sicken me, idk if you want to consider them asian though.
>>
>>35656821
So now it's not really history or being able to participate but the ability to be immediately accepted on sight by natives?

I've met some mexicans that aren't able to speak spanish in the slightest. Mexican waiters will ask them what they want and they we'll have to explain that they don't speak the language. These people I cannot truly share my culture with. I speak with them as if they were white. No spanglish. On the opposite side I have an extremely white looking friend that gets mistaken for white all the time yet she speaks perfect spanish. I can talk to her about our food or our country and she understands perfectly. I have zero doubt she could fit into any place in Mexico. Hell I'm not White American but if OP spoke perfect english and loved sports and liked to barbecue etc wouldn't you be able to see past the slight slant in his eyes? I'd say what you do and how you do things has bigger part to play than just how you look. OP living in America practically his whole life is what will make him not "truly" belong in Asia.
>>
>>35657111
Of course I would be able to "see past" his race. I've just told you I'm friends with a ton of non-whites, asians in fact. And all of them were raised here, speak the language, eat the food, watch football, etc. None of that changes the fact that they're not white though. I can like them, I can be friends and get along with them, but none of that will ever change the fact that they are not and can never be White Americans. I take one of my friends back home for Thanksgiving with 40-50 of my wholly white relatives and they're still going to be out of place. They'll still get sideways glances, the same glances I get from them and their people when I'm at their cultural stuff. Doesn't even have to be anything malicious about it, it's just being different. That's the way of the world. You can try to be colorblind and post-racial all you want, and you can say that since you have good personal relationships with people you can still be one of them, but the reality is different. When you're actually in that situation it's perfectly natural to feel isolated.
>>
>>35657262
I'm not talking about your filipino friends anon I'm talking about half white OP who has been around white people his entire life.
>>
>>35657298
It's the same thing though. No matter how familiar they are or how familiar OP is with white culture, no matter how many white friends you have, none of that makes you white. Liked by white people, get along with white people? Sure. You're not and will never be white though. And it goes both ways too, a white guy raised around minorities still won't be one of them.
>>
>>35654826
Try identifying as human and leave the farcical geography based tags behind.
>>
>>35657348
OP is exactly half white. Whether or not those that do not know him in the slightest classify him as le full white has no bearing on him being able to enjoy a white cultural existence and history.
>>
>quarter Asian

>End up with a caucasian face,blond hair and blue eyes

>only Asian trait is considerably less body hair, the ability to pull off Asian style hair and dry earwax

I can't help but feel bad for my Asian side of the family.....

I'm their Legacy and I'm not even one of them.
>>
>>35657483
I'm not talking about people who don't know him though. I'm literally talking about friends and family. If he's half asian he's half asian, there's no changing that. His friends and even the white half of his family do not and cannot consider him white, no matter how white he may act.
>enjoy a white cultural existence and history
Yeah, he can still do that in the sense that he can still be culturally white and live amongst white people. But he still isn't white though.
>>
File: faegad.jpg (179KB, 969x1052px) Image search: [Google]
faegad.jpg
179KB, 969x1052px
>>35654826
>Has anyone else ever dealt with this sort of identity crisis?

No because I'm not a faggot trying to label myself like a FUCKING NORMIE
>>
>>35657524
>His friends and even the white half of his family do not and cannot consider him white
But he is. He's half white and half asian.

I'm sorry let's back up. What are you saying besides the obvious? The obvious being that OP is half white and not full white genetically.
>>
>>35657651
Half white and half asian isn't white. White means you're white. As in if you have any non-white admixture it's far back enough that you aren't even aware of it. You and all of your family members are white. That's what being white is.

>The obvious being that OP is half white and not full white genetically
That's exactly what I'm saying though. He's not white, he's also not asian. Hence it's very natural and understandable that he would feel isolated and have a crisis of identities.
>>
OP here. I can pass as white, especially with how mixed most "white americans" are now a days. My main concern is a lack of an in group.

>>35656674
Asia has always been an annoyance for me. My indonesian cousin who is a business owner told me to stay in the car as the paint company will charge him more thinking he is loaded because he came a whitie. eh
>>
>>35657684
I get what you mean. I ain't white nor am I asian. Bunch of skinheads went on about how us mutts should form some Eurasian pride thing, but I think that's just stupid.

If I have children, I hope that they either feel feel a connection to whatever their mother is.

Maybe overtime I'll grow out of this crisis. For some reason hapas that are part white tend to drift towards the white side of their history, I guess I'm doing the same.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.