[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Anyone else feel comfy about the drop in labor force participation rate, the stagnation of wage growth, and people in general just failing/falling out of life en masse these days? It's like while the third world becomes more advanced/caught up, the first world is decaying. People collectively are falling apart and losing anything beyond the most ephemeral of reasons to go on and do almost anything.

It makes my failures feel acceptable. I'm a shitty wagecuck. All my dreams are dead. Well, sour grapes. I can't think of how much worse this dead existence of grinding days would be if everyone was really successful and the Star Trek future had come true.
>>
>>35653855
can't say i feel particularly good about it, but i'm very interested to see how everything plays out in the next few decades
>>
>>35653907

I guess it's not good, but it's...liberating, I guess. Like for all the shit I am, so's the rest of the world. It's like the completely pathetic parts of me are manifesting the world over, and it's a justification apart from my inherent laziness and lack of any sort of ability.

Either way, it makes success these days seem so fleeting. Celebrities get nude shots leaked, rich business leaders like Howard Schulz retire to watch their political enemies thrive, big business gets vilified and scorned, social causes collapse into mindless wailing and screaming. It's a lunacy amplified by 7.5 billion voices, and that cacophany, that madness, makes my failures seem so much less...failing.
>>
I wish being a NEET wasn't such a miserable existence where you have to scrape by

I don't want to work, it's so bad, there's no reward for young men anymore
>>
>>35653907
Japan would be a good place to look to see. We are starting from very different places and have very different cultures, but Japan's lost decades in some ways look like what the west has started to go through. The best bet would be to look how Japanese culture has changed since 1990 and try to extrapolate how things will change here. Important to note though that Japan faced economic problems much greater than we have and the effects here will probably be more mild.
>>
You're thinking about this too much. The answer is opiates.

You've heard about the recent opiate epidemic, right? Over half of men aged 18-30 who are not in the workforce take opiates every day. Also, more Americans now die from opiate overdoses than from car accidents, suicides, violent crime, or disease.

Sorry, the answer isn't some counter-culture rebellion against being "wage slaves." It's just that a bunch of young people are now dopeheads.
>>
>>35654216
it's almost like even hard drugs seem like a better alternative than the daily grind
>>
>>35654255
No, more like we pulled out of Afghanistan without a withdrawal plan in place. See, a massive portion of Afghanistan's GDP is in poppies. The coalition government didn't permit that, obviously, but without the U.S. around things went back to the norm.

Opiate addiction is largely supply-based. Pump enough into this country, and a certain percentage of people will become addicts.

Look, the people who aren't looking for work largely are NOT like you. They're ghetto dudes and trailer park guys snorting some H. You probably don't interact with them, but there are a lot of people like this.
>>
>>35654216

Oh, I know there's no counter-culture rebellion. I wouldn't trust this world of deadened souls to rebel in any sort of organized, coherent force. It's not revolution, it's not anger. It's not anything hot. It's rot, it's decay. This world is disintegrating.

That's far more validating than rebellion, I say. It means that the entire foundation has been hollowed out by insects. It means that we're all doomed. It means that the political scientists who say that severe economic inequality can only be remedied by famine, plague, or war, are right, and with the world at such a shit level as it is, the future of mankind and civilization as a whole is dreary and bleak.

It is the sound of freedom on a blasted plain, the wind whipping through the rags of a weary traveler with nowhere to go and nowhere to go home to, except the entire world is like this. There's something refreshing about that.
>>
>>35654089

I agree. There's no meaning in work anymore. Work is supposed to be wealth for individuals and productivity for the collective, true, but it's also supposed to be something that maintains stability in society and builds a better whole. Without that, there's no incentive to work hard. There's no incentive to be or do anything.

Work has become nothing more than another drumbeat of a life circling a shit-laced drain. NEETdom would be the best if it wasn't for the financial edge. The entirety of society today is guided by fear, fear of economic and physiological necessities on the bottom tier all the way up to social and moral status on the top. There's no longer any incentive, no longer any meaning.

It's just pain.
>>
>>35653855
I don't blame men for dropping out when society shits on them in the name of egalitarianism. Men and women are biologically different so we have bring men down to the level of women so women can have the chance to compete against men. This stupid because this is like telling a midget that he can make it to the nba and that biological differences don't matter. to women sexual dimorphism,testosterone and IQ difference don't matter. dumbest ass bitches are destroying civilization because men hold your civilization.
>>
>>35653855
It's a combination of
Boomers refusing to drop dead or train anyone
Automation of menial labor jobs
jobs becoming to expensive to hire in your own country so they get exported to some
third world shithole you've never even heard of
3 full length pages of required education for entry level jobs
Over saturated job market you me and 500 other cunts want that job

Yet the expectation remains
YOU Will find a job and you will work the hardest for the lowest amount possible or free (interncucks)

of course combine all of the above
with the lack of incentive to participate
why should i bust my ass off for some fat fuck who won't lift a finger and still bitch
Protip i'd rather bust my nut at home to cartoons then bust my balls working for free.
>>
It's very difficult to articulate the problems of modern society, you're doing an okay job.

It's really all about sex and marriage. Civilization was built off the concept of men contributing to society in exchange for

1) Their slice of property
2) A wife who would bear his children and not cheat or leave (because there was laws against it with harsh punishments)

Women are trash now and feminism has ruined everything, so the main incentive to work for most men is not there anymore.
>>
>>35654702

How funny this is. The progression of Pax Americana, or whatever we call the modern world and modern global economic system, has led to a progression of demands and expectations until we have finally reached a breaking point.

Now everyone demands perfection and then some of everyone else. See any social scandal, see politics, see collective ethics or professions and jobs or even things as basic as families and friendships. We demand the world and wonder how it is that we can't have it.

This world is set for a reduction. The old expectations of the bottom tier combined with the growing expectations from the top tier are swirling into a diseased cell that will result in millions or even billions of lives not worth living. There will likely be no war or uprising, just a sad trumpet's sounding as souls extinguish across the globe.

And nothing will change. This sort of decay does not foster change or higher thinking.

There is no merit in imaging what the collective can achieve anymore. There is no worth in dreaming. There is no basis for imagination. There is only the here, the now, and the immediate. Anything more is fantasy.
>>
File: 778.png (551KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
778.png
551KB, 600x801px
>>35654331
How do you know this? I don't know either but I feel like you just made up the last part of your post completely. You do know that no one wakes up one day and decides to be a heroin addict right? People aren't caricatures in one of your Ben Garrison comics.

pic related, it's you
>>
>>35654676
>IQ difference
This isn't a thing
>>
>>35654910
Yes it is, women on average have lower IQs.

You don't exactly need an IQ test to prove it. It's common sense to men that females are literally stupid, all men know it they just don't say it.
>>
>>35654910
emotional intelligence is not intelligence. they added this to the iq test and women started scoring higher in iq test. the reason emotional intelligence is not intelligence is because women lose this ability after they hit the wall. what happen to them being the master of manipulation when men are not paying attention to them anymore or kissing their ass?
>>
>>35654989
It's more like women tend to stick to the average IQ where as men are more likely to exceed to fall way below the average than woman. That's why nearly all the geniuses are men, but so are most of the super tards.
>>
>>35655095
>exceed or fall*
>>
>>35655049
If you had knowledge of rockets, and then were sent back in time before rockets existed, you would still have knowledge of rockets even though they don't exist in that era.

Intelligence doesn't just disappear because you have nothing to use it on.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.