[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transhumanism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1476090078121.jpg (97KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
1476090078121.jpg
97KB, 597x652px
What does /r9k/ think of transhumanism?

Transhumanism is the only reason why I haven't killed myself yet. One day I might be able to re-engineer my neurochemistry and genetics so that life sucks less and I am less of a robot, and use gene therapy to become a Chad.
>>
Im also a transhumanist

Its the destiny of humanity, true ascension.
>>
I'm with you OP tbqhfam
>>
>>35651484
Computers and man must become one to ascend godhood.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9JfnFXdkSTI
>>
>>35651484
Its the only ideology i can find myself 100% behind. I must relinquish this flesh.
>>
>>35651618
The only way to be "you" and merge with a computer in a sense is with a Moravec transfer. Just uploading your memories and personality into a computer would make a copy of "you".
>>
>>35651484
I don't think I will live long enough or have enough money to ever take advantage of it.
>>
>>35651507
>Its the destiny of humanity, true ascension
Which could potentially mean genocide of non-transhumanists by transhumanists. It would be akin to the invention of gunpowder or nuclear weapons.
>>
I wish there was some kind of hidden society of transhumanists that provided a secret safe haven for research. The price for being with them is potentially lethal experimentation.
>>
File: 14760892361114.jpg (98KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
14760892361114.jpg
98KB, 597x652px
thats anachro transhumanism and I prefer technocracy
>>
>>35652522
Get cryopreserved. It costs 30k. If you are in your 20s, there is a good chance that life extension will take off within your lifetime.
>>
File: 14760892361112.jpg (91KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
14760892361112.jpg
91KB, 597x652px
here have some more

we need an energy based economy and now
>>
>>35652541
Like in The Transhumanist Wager
>>
File: 14760892361113.jpg (77KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
14760892361113.jpg
77KB, 597x652px
or who the fuck knows maybe the chaos of technology will mean that anarcho transhumanism = technocracy
>>
>>35652573
I don't know what makes you believe this and I don't think anybody is qualified enough to make that guess.
>>
>>35652657
Google is your friend. Do some research on Aubrey De Grey and the progress that has been made in things like regenerative medicine.

Also
http://www.cryonics.org/about-us/faqs/
>>
File: john.jpg (31KB, 533x286px) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
31KB, 533x286px
>>35651484
becoming more of a robot in order to be come less of a robot... hmm...
>>
I'm sick of using my eyes.

USB to brain adapter when?
>>
>>35652916
Cybereyes are probably gonna come out next year. Shouldnt be too hard to hack em.
>>
>>35652873
Yeah we know there are experts talking up out there ideas that are just around the corner, that's been going over for the last few centuries and a lot have been dead wrong. You need to be more critical about these things, you're only going to disappointed when half the things we're due to have in our lifetime don't materialize.
>>
>>35652573

>Cryopreservation
Looked into it. Doesn't work like most people think. The biggest hurdle is thawing you back out, not freezing you in the first place. If we tried thawing someone out today they'd come out just mush. Think about freezing a piece of raw meat. It doesn't come out the same texture. Thats because the freezing destroys the cells. We can mitigate that with a few things today, and the best of those cryo companies do those things, but we don't have the technology to prevent it entirely. There are a few types of fish with natural antifreeze blood, that might work, but thats at least as far into the future as life extension technology anyway.

So if you did it now, you'd have to remain frozen until they figure out how to restore you to a functional state. In theory they could scan and reassemble a new you, but then you run into >>35652493 this problem all over again.

And this is all assuming in the future they even bother with thawing out primitives.
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>35651484
ancap+tranhumanism
>>
>>35653176
gnu+transhumanism is the future.
For humanity to go beyond privatization must end.
>>
I have the feeling that most of this shit is gonna be out of reach for the lower classes. I'm working on studying STEM related subjects now because I can't guarantee I'll be able to buy/qualify for it, but if I'm involved in its production then they can't refuse me my life extension surgeries/implants/robo body.

Plus it beats being a NEET, might as well use this as motivation regardless.
>>
>>35653056
>what is vitrification
>>
>>35652983
You could also make the same argument for things people thought would never happen. People once thought that we would never invent flying machines. People in the 1950s thought that we would never go to the moon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.