[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is depression and anxiety over diagnosed in normies? It seems

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (93KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1000x1334px
Is depression and anxiety over diagnosed in normies? It seems it's in vogue and all these normans with their normie lives are being "brave" and sharing their stories about how they have "depression". Could true depression and anxiety really be that common or are they just conflating it with circumstantial episodes of being "sad" before they go back to their "positive vibes" lives?

As a schizo robot that doesn't advertise his issues, much less on social media I get bitter seeing all these normies looking for attention/sympathy/a snowflake medal for their "brave battle" meanwhile going about their white middle class lives employed in their mediocre jobs with their mediocre relationships and children.
>>
That gun range is near where I live. Quite the laugh, OP.
>>
its just that they became depressed as normies and were already involved in real life and as you live life normally you tend to get motivated easierly

if you become depressed when youre already in your house every day of the week you kinda lock yourself
>>
>>35650418
Yes it is over diagnosed. Now, if you'll permit me to don my tin foil hat for a moment, the reason is simple: the psychology/drug/medicalindustrialcomplex whatever you want to call it industry has to perpetuate itself somehow. There arent actually that many schizoid people or people with genuine social disorders out there and yet psychology is one of the most popular degrees. These people need something to do at work and they cant tell everyone
>theres nothing wrong with you - youre just feeling sorry for yourself.
So, instead, they label them with meme problems.

I agree with you a lot op. I never talk about my problems in real life and im loathe to really do it on 4chan.
>>
>>35651230
Agree anon
Also think part of the problem is there's been a reactionary response to mental illness and suicides amongst normies where everyone is implored to "speak up" about their "issues" and so it becomes the depression bravery olympics for normies and I fuking hate it ugh
>>
>>35651230
This
They're just out to make money and in order to do that they need people that have "problems" to sell their drugs to. If there's no serious problem they'll just make one up .
>>
The elite like promoting depression (and thus overdiagnosing it) to keep people sad, lethargic, and weak. It's a tool of societal control. Many people now diagnosed with depression were once just people having bad days or difficult times in their lives which they could overcome if they had motivation. Now, they are clinically diagnosed, which allows them to wallow in their depression all they want. The fact it helps sell drugs for Big Pharma is an added benefit.
>>
>>35650418
My parents never let me see a therapist and I got beat for seeing a school counselor. So I gave up that route when I was just a youngin. Decided when
I was an adult if I've already made it this far and I'm taking care of myself, I'm probably fine. Except I still get so anxious, my heart randomly speeds up while calmly sitting somewhere. It goes so fast I sometimes pass out and cause a scene. I wake up with adrenaline surges. I lose my shit if someone knocks on my door. Getting to work everyday has been a mental and physical struggle. But I don't think anyone can professionally help me. I've had multiple suicide attempts as a kid, early as 8yrs old. Now I just live in pure apathy, but the physical issues are still there. And I see someone that just graduated from uni, about to get a great job, has a loving family, tons of friends and in a relationship post about their ptsd or depression and it kind of makes me twitch in anger.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.