[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold kill any jocks?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: tumblr_mlkim6RQCX1rk6ce9o1_500.jpg (95KB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlkim6RQCX1rk6ce9o1_500.jpg
95KB, 500x408px
Why didn't Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold kill any jocks?
>>
Jocks are hard to kill, ever played that old ps2 game Bully? The toughest enemy in the game was a african american jock, dude was simply strong as fuck
>>
Because they were hedonistic normies who killed for pleasure, not reason.
>>
>>35650178
at least they got a nigger
>>
>>35650293
He looked like a decent guy.
Your post isn't amusing.
>>
>>35650293
I came here to post this ironically
>>
>>35650178
If you grew up in a small town, you'd know most people who attend high school are ugly as fuck generally.
>>
File: IMG_0583.jpg (21KB, 208x147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0583.jpg
21KB, 208x147px
>>35650178
Go back to tumblr
Oregajew
>>
Because they were failures.
>>
>>35650178
Actually, if you do some research into the case you'll find that the whole "they were nerds killing their bullies" thing is all a meme. Harris and Klebold were pretty well liked, and actually had a history of bullying other kids. They weren't full-on chad status, but they were far from being the beta avengers.
>>
>>35650599

I hate you people for leaving me out of so many fun things. And no, don't say "well that's your fault" because it isn't. You people had my phone number, I asked and all, but no. Don't let the weird Eric kid come along. - Eric Harris
>>
>>35650268
that's not what hedonism is, man. Hedonism is a lifestyle, not a motivation for a massacre. And hedonists indulge in the most basic and clear forms of pleasure (food, sex, drugs, etc.)
>>
>>35650751
they talked to people, so they were normies desu
>>
>>35650599
You fell for the Dave Cullen meme, my friend.

Please stop spreading lies. They were not well-liked, though they had a circle of friends, they were still outcasts especially because they didn't conform to the culture of team sports that really defined Columbine.
>>
they were edgy brats, they weren't well liked but they had a circle of outcast friends at least.
the only real robot shooters are Cho, Lanza, and Rodger. But I'm not an elliot fan myself.
>>
File: Marclepine.jpg (41KB, 529x397px) Image search: [Google]
Marclepine.jpg
41KB, 529x397px
>>35651239
Lanza is the only robot, judging from his forum posts and behavior. Cho was insane and Rodger was just an emasculated narcissistic failed chad.

Pic related is probably the closest rampage killer to a realistic /r9k/ user. Successful in school but suicidal, hated feminists and stacies, actually had no friends, etc.
>>
Because everyone was guilty in their eyes. And they did shoot a few jocks iirc, it'a just that none of them died.

>>35650599
Only Eric was liked I think. Dylan wasn't an outcast but he was that guy who was always just "there".
>>
>>35650293
Affirmative action at its finest. He didn't belong there.
>>
>>35651364
>successful in school
Dropped. Real robots do poorly in school.
>>
File: Egoraptor.png (105KB, 269x280px) Image search: [Google]
Egoraptor.png
105KB, 269x280px
>Kill jocks
>They don't feel anything
>Murder everyone around them and blame their popularity and bullying for the shooting
>Mentally fuck them up for life
I know what I'd do given the chance.
>>
>>35651547
well, he was successful until he was rejected from the university he eventually shot up two different times.
>>
>>35651547
>Lepine was considered bright but withdrawn and having difficulties with peer and family relationships. Lepine's application to the Canadian Forces was rejected, and in 1982 he began a science program at a college, switching to a more technical program after one year. In 1986, he dropped out of the course in his final term, and was subsequently fired from his job at a hospital due to his poor attitude. He began a computer programming course in 1988, and again abandoned it before completion. Lepine twice applied for admission to the Ecole Polytechnique, but lacked two required compulsory courses.

He was the typical "smart but lazy" robot
>>
>>35650178
The honest truth is because their plans crumbled and they resorted to killing all the people they saw that they didn't know (the people they knew they spared as they couldn't handle killing them). And also, wasn't the black guy and some other of his friends in the library jocks?
>>
>>35651047
Hedonism is seeking pleasure even at the expense of other people. It's giving into your most base desires even if it hurts others. But I'm with you I don't think what Columbine was can really be called the result of hedonism
>>
>>35650268
They can't be called hedonists in the classic sense because everything they did was revenge in their eyes. It was payback for being ousted and not included on their peer's activities. I think that you could call them hedonists if you want but the main motivations sort of conflict with that
>>
>>35651838
Yeah, if anything it was their alienation, frustration, suicidal thoughts and desensitization to violence that caused the massacre. They were also on SSRIs which didn't help
>>
File: 1489973499150-1.jpg (12KB, 99x136px) Image search: [Google]
1489973499150-1.jpg
12KB, 99x136px
>>35651788
Does this look like a jock to you anon?
>>
>>35651920
they were frequently included in activities with their peers.
>>
>>35651972
eric harris was on an antidepressant but klebold was not. they were almost certainly planning the massacre or at least considering it before eric started antidepressants.
>>
>>35651977
Isaiah Scholes wasn't a jock but I'm pretty sure at least one of the white males was athletic, baseball player or something. The one with the really outspoken Dad I think. I can't look it up right now
>>
File: 3dcea79e37794306747ec1fc70….gif (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3dcea79e37794306747ec1fc70….gif
1MB, 1024x768px
>>35651364
>Lanza is the only robot

Kek, you fell for the Sandy Hoax meme. Poor you.
>>
>>35651978
oh, you mean playing Doom during lunch hour and making a video project?
>>
>>35651495
hmm dylan seems much more likeable then eric just from an aesthetic perspective. he was a nice looking guy eric was more of a runt.
>>
>>35652024
Say what you will about the massacre, Lanza was a real person, and he had the kind of autism that can't be faked in text form
>>
>>35652036
no, i mean after school activities. dylan went to prom with a group of people (and a date, who was his female friend) and eric didn't have a date for the prom but spent that evening with a girl, watching movies. then they both attended the prom after-party at the school. they went to parties and went to other people's houses sometimes, too.

i'm not saying they were popular but they had friends and they spent time with other kids pretty frequently.
>>
>>35651977
>Klebold walked toward another set of tables, where he discovered 18-year-old Isaiah Shoels, 16-year-old Matthew Kechter and 16-year-old Craig Scott (the younger brother of Rachel Scott), hiding under one table. All three were popular athletes.
>As a blanket term, jock can be considered synonymous with athlete

I'm not implying that he was some evil asshole that deserved to be shot. but they didn't just shoot outcast nerds.
>>
>>35652063
you wouldn't believe how many girls think Eric was the "cute/hot one".
>>
>>35652036
also, dylan had at least one close friend and another best friend, even closer than eric for the few years before his last. and he was close to this kid and his girlfriend.
>>
>>35652063
Dylan probably would have just been a weird memer if he didn't get sucked into Eric's world and if Eric wasn't so hellbent on the massacre. I mean Dylan is a murderer so I can't defend him too much but he wasn't just straight up evil like Eric. Watch all those home videos and you can see he's getting pulled along basically, besides the Hitmen for Hire one, he's unhinged in that one but "acting"
>>
>>35651047
>Hedonism is a lifestyle, not a motivation for a massacre.
but you're wrong
hedonism can absolutely be used to justify a massacre
if killing people is what makes a hedonist feel good, that's their justification
>And hedonists indulge in the most basic and clear forms of pleasure
violence is a basic source of pleasure
>>
>>35650293
and whatever the fuck the thing is all the way to the right in the middle row.
>>
>>35652092
>>35652142
fair enough. Dylan was definitely not too bad socially.

One of the home recordings (available on youtube) shows Eric trying to get a girl's attention and failing miserably
>>
>>35652160
why did dylan write in his journal in 1997 that he was going to get a gun and go on a killing spree? eric didn't even start his journal until mid 1998.
>>
>>35652201
yep. eric tried repeatedly with girls and though he had marginal success because a few of them agreed to dates, he basically failed anyway because they never wanted to see him long term. dylan never asked a girl out so he couldn't really fail but he obsessed about finding love in his journal for years.
>>
>>35650316
I thought it was a female?
>>
>>35652232
Just my perception of it. Dylan had the fantasies but Eric made it a reality. Like I said I can't really defend Dylan I'm just examining the pathology
>>
>>35652064
Every photo of Lanza Is either Photoshopped or one of "his brother."
>>
Why didn't they build better bombs?
>>
>>35652176
What you're referring to is a thrill-seeker. And violence is not a basic source of pleasure: only certain individuals enjoy it and to varying degrees. But things like sex and drugs, those are *definite*, no nonsense pleasures.

hedonists don't have the mental fortitude of chimps. They would sooner choose a thrill that they can indulge in long term than just one big thrilling event (like a massacre). Even a serial killer who kills because he's a hedonist would be a long shot
>>
>>35652323
why do you say eric was evil?

and how can you say that dylan was pulled along if it's possible that he had these fantasies independently of eric?
>>
>>35652327
ryan and adam look nothing alike and there's no reason to believe that photos of adam are photoshopped.

also, does "every photo" include his childhood photos or have you never seen those?
>>
>>35652364
No you're wrong. Violence generates incredibly strong feelings, for some this is positive and for others this is negative.

Those in the former category who purposefully engage in violence to generate those feelings could absolutely be considered Hedonists as per this definition:

>the ethical theory that pleasure (in the sense of the satisfaction of desires) is the highest good and proper aim of human life
>>
>>35652507
a philosophy that promotes any life goal at all cannot motivate a suicidal act, can it?
>>
>>35650178
You have to remember that their plans didn't go according to how they originally planned it. The bombs they placed in the cafeteria didn't go off. Their idea wasn't to go into the library to get the outcasts.
>>
>>35652364
hedonism and being a thrill seeker are not mutually exclusive
hedonism is subjective, what one person feels is their ultimate source of pleasure is entirely different to another person
i'm not arguing that eric and dylan themselves were hedonists, i'm trying to say that if they were, they could use hedonism to justify what they did

if my ultimate pleasure is doing ketamine and having sex, and your ultimate pleasure is planning and executing a mass shooting, you are no less of a hedonist than i am
> violence is not a basic source of pleasure: only certain individuals enjoy it
certain is the wrong word, many people enjoy violence
we've evolved to enjoy violence and dominance as part of our social structure, but society as a whole discourages violence because it's a detriment to society
this doesn't mean most people wont get a kick out of hurting another person physically, especially if they feel justified or are intoxicated at the time
>>
>>35652507
Look, you can't pretend to understand an ideology if you just google it.

"Strong feelings" is not what hedonism is about. Thrill-seeking is pleasurable, but not in the hedonistic sense. Stimulation of the senses is not nearly as intense during a moment of anxiety, hence why the typical hedonist is known as one who parties. You don't think of people who exceed the speed limit as "hedonists", you think of them as thrill seekers.

If you want to understand hedonism, read books that tackle the subject, or novels that are based around it.
>>
File: Behind the scenes at Sandy Hoax.jpg (2MB, 3000x2904px) Image search: [Google]
Behind the scenes at Sandy Hoax.jpg
2MB, 3000x2904px
>>35652403
>ryan and adam look nothing alike and there's no reason to believe that photos of adam are photoshopped.

https://youtu.be/468zE5-Gt74
https://youtu.be/oxi1Wi1feQs

>also, does "every photo" include his childhood photos or have you never seen those?

I've seen pretty much every photo there is. I've done all my research on the incident ever since I realized that it was a false flag, which was that same day. I've even seen that ridiculous video of "him" playing DDR at the movie theater.
>>
>>35652559
It can absolutely, just look at the reverence given to glorious death in paganism and martyrdom in Abrahamic religions.

I'm not arguing that unbridled hedonism is positive in any way but if somebody dedicates their lives to committing acts, any acts,purely because they feel pleasure from doing them then they could be considered hedonism.

In fact, the danger of death (even certainty) is a great source of pleasure for certain hedonists. You could argue that extreme sports such as wingsuit gliding could be considered suicidal to an extent because of the high mortality rate for those who pursue it as a regular hobby.

It's a bit of a stretch but it is putting so much weight onto the pleasure felt from an adrenaline rush that your basic survival instinct takes second place or is deliberately toyed with to potentiate the pleasure.
>>
>>35652734
Yeah you got me, I was speaking out my ass. What books do you recommend?
>>
>>35650178
and people say average asians are ugly
>>
>>35652642
by your logic, everyone is a hedonist and every action is hedonistic, because happiness, pride and safety are pleasurable. Even following moral guidelines would be pleasurable in that it makes you feel righteous, safe or appreciated.

"Hedonist" is not the broad term you want it to be. Violence is not the kind of pleasure you think it is. According to your perception of it, hedonism could be associated to any or all of the capital sins, when it would really be about Gluttony, Lust, Slothfulness and (maybe) Avarice more than anything else; they are more directly linked to sensual indulgence

>>35652944
A Satyr Against Reason and Mankind
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Any work related to Epicureanism
And much of Marquis De Sade's stuff
>>
>>35652629

sure took a while for this to get pointed out

they would've set the record several times over what cho did, if cho is even the record holder still
>>
>>35653172
>if cho is even the record holder still
he is in the category of school shooter.

if you're talking about all US mass shootings, omar mateen killed more.
>>
>>35653172
>they would have killed hundreds of people

Well that was the theory, given that the library would have completely collapsed in the cafeteria (unlikely).

Also, Timothy McVeigh's bomb makes their propane tanks look pretty pathetic, yet the explosion killed 168 people and injured 600+. If the Columbine bombs had gone off, I think it would have been less, but still much worse than the shooting
>>
>>35653275
this is a good point but mcveigh's bomb was outside of the building. their bomb was planned to explode in the middle of a crowded cafeteria. they also had bombs placed outside in the car to kill first responders and onlookers.
>>
>>35653315
You're right. I don't know how the magnitude of those propane tank bombs compare with that of a pressure cooker bomb, but I assume the former is much worse. Because the Boston Marathon bombing involved two pressure cooker bombs IIRC that detonated in the middle of a crowd and killed less than you would expect.
>>
They weren't targeting particular individuals, they were targeting the system that produces the individuals.
>>
>>35651977
>Born with a heart defect, his parents said he was a fighter who overcame his disability and went on to play football and wrestle. He had played cornerback the previous year on the football team
>>
File: kirklin.jpg (21KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
kirklin.jpg
21KB, 500x331px
This is one of the injured. His name is Lance Kirklin.

This photo was taken a few years after he was shot point blank in the face with a shotgun. Now here he is, holding a similar shotgun.

He was very lucky to have been shot with one of only 4 birdshot shells used in the shooting. The birdshot shell caused very nasty surface wounds to his face, but did not kill him or break too much bone.

If you google his name, you'll see what he looked like after his initial facial reconstruction surgery. It was not pretty.
>>
>>35653708
is that you lance?
>>
>>35650178
Mass shooters never kill Chads. Rodger killed his robot room mates and some fat chicks. Roof killed some old niggers. They respect Chad
>>
>>35653852
nah I'm just a /k/ommando who's impressed by his survival and recovery
>>
Every day we drift further and further away from God's light
>>
>>35650178
>that girl in the top left
anyone have anymore of that semen demon?
>>
>>35651364
Cho was literally the definition of a robot
>>
>>35654691
her name is rachel scott. she was a hardcore evangelical christian and she was the first to die at columbine. you can find lots of pictures of her online if you're that desperate.
>>
>>35651569
the chads wouldn't give a fuck they would just be praised
>>
>>35650178
The nigger was a jock. So was the white guy in the pic next to him.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.