[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so any atheists around?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

so any atheists around?
>>
>>35641681
I'm an atheists but atheists are fucking embarrassing to even label yourself as now. Not even referring to le edgy 2014 meta fedora atheist.

I mean even casually calling myself an atheist makes me squirm. I feel really bad for religious people and all the edgy shit they have to deal with online. Annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 02d.jpg (202KB, 486x412px) Image search: [Google]
02d.jpg
202KB, 486x412px
>>35641681
If science says something can't come from nothing, how did the universe suddenly exist
>>
>>35641681
yeah I'm here
>>35641723
the big problem is small kids thinking it's super cool to be an atheist, then think that to be an atheist you must be an asshole to everybody.
>>
>>35641736
If you say something can't come from nothing, where did god come from?
>>
Atheist but idgaf if people wanna be religious or not ain't my problem
>>
Tbh being atheist kinda sucks, but I'd rather be unhappy with the truth than happy with a lie
>>
File: 1489715382720.jpg (93KB, 1000x998px) Image search: [Google]
1489715382720.jpg
93KB, 1000x998px
>>35641775
Science says something can't come from nothing, religion doesn't
>>
>>35641787

Exactly, then there's fucking places like reddit where you have to be a fucking militant atheist who wants to shun every religious person, HAS to vote a certain way, and HAS to donate their organs when they die

Seriously, atheism is on some gay shit now
>>
File: 1489508630662.jpg (79KB, 403x401px) Image search: [Google]
1489508630662.jpg
79KB, 403x401px
>>35641813
Be an atheist but go to church anyway and bang hot Christian chicks.

Best of both worlds

Personally I believe God exists but believe hes the bad guy so when people ask I can say I'm christian without it being a lie.
>>
File: ohwha.png (17KB, 462x545px) Image search: [Google]
ohwha.png
17KB, 462x545px
>Tfw atheist but also a Substance Dualist
>>
>Not making your own religion and following it
How does it feel to be a cuck
>>
>>35641681
I'm apatheistic, does that count?
>>
Atheism cearly seems to be too dull. If you can't really be certain about things a extreme believe like christianity, islam or atheism seems kinda weird...
I guess christianity is alot about social stuff aswell.
I wonder how an atheist, non-believer or agnostic person could choose a religion on their own accord.
>>
God is real, if you believe it or not.
>>
>Be atheist
>Be right and you get nothing
>Be wrong and you suffer in hell for an eternity

>Believe in God
>Be right and you enjoy heaven for an eternity
>Be wrong and there's nothing

Really activates the almond
>>
File: aVSVQ.png (260KB, 1685x1930px) Image search: [Google]
aVSVQ.png
260KB, 1685x1930px
>>35641977
I just want to post this image I don't want to write anything don't read this thanks.
>>
>>35641723
>I'm an atheists but...

How about we dispense with the whining about negative stereotypes and all just agree not to give a shit what other people think? This divisive, apologetic attitude isn't benefiting anyone, least of all a persecuted minority like us.

>le "Hitler was an atheist" argument
I'm not responsible for what behaviors other people choose to engage in. Just because they may also be atheists doesn't mean I by virtue must share the same behaviors. And if religious folk can't make such a simple logical distinction, then why the fuck should I care about their opinions in the first place?
>>
Religion is total bullshit.
Science isnt, because whatever you can say agaisnt it, you can always test and do experiments. Relligion is: BELIEV DA BOK OR U KEK
>>
File: hariottttttttttt.png (315KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
hariottttttttttt.png
315KB, 400x380px
>>35642130
Enjoy your faggy experiments in hell
>>
File: download (4).jpg (5KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
5KB, 264x191px
>>35641681
>not writing a fictional story and worshipping the gods you made up up itself
All hail Hylios the Water God
>>
File: 1489861193361.png (387KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
1489861193361.png
387KB, 598x369px
>>35641977
>Muh Pascals Wager
What if the Hindus or Muslims are right? This argument would only work if there was 1 religion in the entire world, but there's not, there's thousands.
>inb4 "But my religion is the right one"
Sure, everyone thinks that. How convenient the religion of your ancestors for centuries and the majority religion of the country you were born in so happens to be the "right" one.
>>
>>35641681
These guys have some pretty good banter
https://youtube.com/watch?v=mTwm8gWZJko
>>
If you had never heard of religion and then one day moved to a country that had it, would you not out loud be like, "what the duck is wrong with these people?"

If you never heard of the bible and stumbled upon it in a bookstore one day would you say yeah this is all true?

There are zero logical reasons to be religious. However people are entitled to their beliefs even if they are stupid.

There. Now we never have to have this discussion again. Case closed. Move on to actually engaging philosophical arguments rather than babbys first argument
>>
>>35641849
>believe in a god
>atheist

By definition, you can only pick one.
>>
>>35641736
Something can come from nothing, as long as the net energy of what's created is zero.
>>
>>35641775
>>35641826

Additionally God is a supernatural being; and is therefore not bound to the natural laws of the universe which he created.
>>
I want to become christian... I would be really interested in shinto or budhism aswell.
Shinto because cute fox goddess.
Budhism because possibilities of afterlive?
>how do I become christian?
I dislike church, the singin is just annoying.
Heard kant or someone wrote stuff about that? somebody know what to read?
>>
>>35642651

Is it really a good idea to join a cult because they have cool ideas about what comes after death or you like some artist's depiction of their diety?

Can't you just learn about their concept of death or fap to some picture without actually joining the cult?
>>
File: 1460159019960.jpg (129KB, 818x670px) Image search: [Google]
1460159019960.jpg
129KB, 818x670px
>>35641950
>Thou Shalt Not Kill

When will this meme end? The commandments did not forbid killing because killing is sometimes necessary.

It's "You shall not murder". If you read anything other than the KJV then just fucking give up.

These modern basic translation bibles need to leave.
>>
>>35641723
I swear to God atheists are the new vegans. They have to announce they are atheist as if anybody gives a shit.

The statement "I'm an atheist" at the beginning of your post contributes absolutely nothing to what you are trying to convey with your post.

It's just as bad as tripfaggotry
>>
>>35642620
so what thing that actually exists hav zero energy?

>>35642701
Well, by calling it a cult I guess you might be a bit biased?
I can look at the things creat people said and make up my own mind.
As it seems christianity wouldn't be a complete cancer to society unlike islam.
There is litterally as little evidence for me to support atheism than a religion.
That's why I would like to read the evidence people have.

>>35642727
Wasn't it actually. you will not murder?
>>35642767
yes, the problem is they give absolutely no sound evidence either. They just denounce religion.
>>
>>35642501
The problem is that some religions have strong influence over the real world. No atheist would give a fuck about them if they just prayed peacefully at home.
>>
>>35642819
>Wasn't it actually. you will not murder?

Pretty much. The important part is "murder". Since murder and killing aren't the same thing.
>>
>>35642819

>calling a cult a cult makes you biased

Why do you think that?

>there is litterally as little evidence for me to support atheism than a religion

There's a name for that philisophical position, but to say it out loud or type it here will enrage both fedora tippers and christfags.

>that's why I would like to read the evidence people have

Sure, but you can do that without joining anything.
>>
>>35642846
Why shouldn't religion have a strong influence if most people are religious?

If you don't exercise your religion, then secularists will demote your religion to the equivalent of minority religions in your country (Christianity in the UK.)

Common religion is literally the best thing for binding a society.
>>
>>35642896
If you have to be retarded to be binded maybe you should get your shit together instead of playing make believe like a LITERAL child
>>
>>35642896
Most religions bring laws with them that are simply not compatible with our modern time.
Monotheistic religions like Islam and Christianity also usually have laws to convert or kill members of other religions or anyone who stands in their way really.
>>
>>35642894
tell me where christianity is a cult, please. I am certain you know hat a cult is, right?
>There's a name for that philisophical position, but to say it out loud or type it here will enrage both fedora tippers and christfags.
so nothing of importance to see here then.

>Sure, but you can do that without joining anything.
So, you don't know any evidence either? you don't know what to read to get informed? is there anything important but not joining christianity for you.
Btw I just want the evidence and if I think it is a good decision I will act.

>>35642896
I think the worth of religion really has been lost on current generations.
They just see it as bad for some reason, without evidence.
Islam destroys western civilaisation with this extreme anti-ownNation believe.
>>35643067
Great post, well done. I am proud!
Explain retarded and literal child, please. I dind't quite catch that part.
>>
>>35642846
True. It's hard not to though when it includes a code of ethics. They're obviously gonna be more pro life and other political shit like that
>>
>>35641723
Call yourself agnostic whenever someone asks, it's like atheism without the negative connotation.
>>
>>35643088
It's like hey guys if we all eat this dog feces it means we have something in common and can be a good community. Just because something has efficacy doesn't make it good. You can suck a dick to make money. Just because it makes money doesn't make you not a faggot
>>
File: 1441543926409.jpg (41KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441543926409.jpg
41KB, 480x640px
>>35641736
If I don't have all the answers, how can I go through my day to day living?
>>
>>35643129
What about agnostic atheist?
Or just don't care what other people think? If they look down on someone for being atheist are they really someone you should be talking to
>>
>>35643130
>Has to make shitty anecdote to try and prove a point
>>
>>35643145
Why would you go through your day to day living if you had all the answers?
>>
>>35641681
The idea of a god is so ludicrous to me that I'm mentally incapable of not being an atheist. If there is a god, it's certainly not any of the established ones.
>>
>morality comes from god

Chimps have morality and can act good/evil to other chimps.
>>
>>35643157
Because I set goals based on my needs and interests and make plans to incrementally get closer to them.
>>
>>35643153
>Hasn't gone back to his political hugbox
>>
>>35643178
What happens when you reach all your goals? Does the fact that your goals are manufactured not impact your outlook on them? What do you think of nihilism?
>>
>>35643130
but do christians all eat dog feces to have something in comon?
or could it be that you are not quite aware that two things that are not the same are not the same?
Because if two things that are not the same, would not be the same.... than maybe....maybe... your sentence is pointless?

>>35643145
By striving for answers.
>>35643129
sounds likea good idea my man, but I think its realy the most special snowflake way of doing shit. It's what people would do, so that they could explain shit to others.
>>35643177
chimps do not have morality, they have group behavior and instinct.
>>
>>35643224
yes they do.

koko the gorilla has morals. its been documented.

several bonobos have demonstrated morality by having sex to avoid conflict.
>>
>posting reddit comics
This is why athicucks are being cucked in Europe by Muhammad
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.