[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think happens to us after death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2656.jpg (23KB, 448x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2656.jpg
23KB, 448x247px
What do you think happens to us after death?
>>
>>35632000
I believe if you're a good person and accept god's love you'll go to heaven :^)
>>
>>35632000

Remember what it was like before you were born?

It'll be like that :)
>>
remember when you werent born?
>>
>your life is as infinite as the universe
>you go through an infinite number of fates for an infinite amount of time
>there are even incarnations where you remember all your past lives specifically
>there is some fate out there where you really are being tortured for eternity
>>
>>35632000
That's a misleading picture of quantum tunneling
>>
>>35632070
>implying you know what quantum tunneling is
>>
I dunno man.

I want to believe that when we die, there's something. Be it eternal suffering or some type of heaven. Anything would be better than just.... nothing. Trying to wrap my head around not being, and just ending sends me into a quick panic attack.

But if there is something, wouldn't we know? From people coming back and trying to reach out from the other side? I mean, the only time we hear about that stuff is word of mouth, nothing actually documented with proof.

I want to believe there's something, but I just don't know. The prospect of nothing is terrifying.
>>
>>35632059
If the multiverse theory is true there was never a time when you weren't born, and there never will be

Except in the infinite number of universes where you never exist.
>>
>>35632054
Remember what it was like when you blinked your eyes that one time?
>>
>>35632108
me too anon

the only solution is to love someone and hug them

or failing that get drunk and break things.
>>
>>35632108
I feel you, but we wouldn't be existing so it won't bother the us that does not exist.
... like, do you remember what it's like when you sleep (dreams don't count).
>>
>>35632070
only a brainlet wouldn't instantly grasp that it's an analogy to gravitational potential energy
>>
>>35632000
I used to believe in the christian afterlife, then I believed in reincarnation

Now I think that after death there's probably nothing. Your consciousness fades out and that's it. No more you at all.
>>
>>35632108
Because of the expansion of the universe, eventually all stars will die, all black holes will evaporate, and every single proton will decay. The final temperature of the universe will be less than a trillionth above absolute zero. Life will be impossible and the universe will exist this way forever.

Death is an anesthetic to stop us from experiencing eternity.

The problem is, I don't want to die. But I also don't want to be conscious for eternity. It's weird.
>>
>>35632000
your consciousness stops and that's it.
there's nothing
>>
>>35632184
Well I dream literally every night so I can't answer that. To me, dreaming is sleeping.

I would rather be in black space with nothing but my consciousness than not exist. I don't want to not exist.
>>
>>35632230
Prove it, sciencefag.
>>
>>35632252
Yeah sure buddy let me die real quick and get back to you on it

No you stupid fuck, nobody can prove anything about the afterlife.
>>
>>35632000
You wake up. orgy porgy
>>
Not sure. Too much of a sissy to an hero. Maybe I'll get hit by a bus tomorrow or something.
>>
You return to the moment of your first consciousness and watch over your life like a ghost as it repeats over and over again, unable to affect the unfolding of events in any manner.
>>
we become simple energy transfers again, likely we'll never experience this level of consciousness
and even then, consciousness isnt even that great, how depressing
>>
>>35632108
You probably wouldn't be able to feel dying once your body has gotten to the point of not being able to be revived because the brain is cut off from bodily functions until brain death and iirc your heart is the last thing to give out. You do poop yourself and while your body is in the process you might hear about powerful hallucinations. Things about going to heaven are probably just people experiencing these types of chemical reactions in the brain during early stages of death. I mean I'm not encouraging you to jump off a building or jump in front of a train because those are obviously painful methods of death and will be felt if you don't succeed.
>>
>>35632570
Holy fuck, I'm not afraid of dying dude. I'm afraid of what comes after death.
>>
>>35632100
>implying anyone 100% understands tunneling
>>35632193
Tunneling is a probability, fundamentally different than GPE. I get the analogy but still
>>
File: 1481514436207.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481514436207.gif
2MB, 750x750px
>>35632000
A lucid dream that you can't wake up from.
Eventually everyone probably just goes crazy from boredom/loneliness/regrets from their past life because the human psyche isn't built for having forever to think about things.
People think hell's physical pain inflicted upon them by goat people, It's not. It's your own inescapable thoughts eating away at you, telling you things could've been different. Why didn't you ask her out? Why did you waste your youth on shitty imageboards instead of going out and doing something worth remembering? Why didn't you break chad's fucking jaw that one time he knocked your lunch on the floor?
>>
>>35632000
It all comes tumbling down

Origendo
>>
>>35632000
You get 72 virgins in paradise
>>
>>35632613
I don't think its something to be feared. I think whatever lies next is certainly going to be a change, but I think it'll be for the better. Kinda like moving far away from home :)
>>
>>35632032
>love

That's some rough love right there, YMCA fagboi
>>
>>35633055
it might also be nothing, but that's a change too.
Although you'll never realize you were disappointed with it.
>>
>>35632223
I remember when I first learned of heat death lol. You realize it's just a silly theory.
>>
Lately I've been thinking the chemical dump that happens while dying will just cause me to relive my life over and over and over again.
>>
>>35632108
If we can't somehow tunnel and communicate into the ether of the afterlife and document it, why should they be able to tunnel to us and document it?

The theory of Quantum Immortality is what keeps me from going into existential crises ever yday.
>>
File: IMG_0292.png (258KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0292.png
258KB, 640x1136px
I guess it's like passing out. Or an endless dream based on your life. Good or bad
>>
I believe in pragmatic eternal recurrence; there'll be no other existence but this one, and on all occasions of your death you will return to the start of your life and forget everything. The soul, however, isn't immortal and dies upon your death.
>>
>>35632061
I like the way you think. Also, being tortured for eternity is perhaps more common than you'd think. Like, why not do that to someone, if it's extremely potent and entertaining? Which it could be, to some. Even me if I had nothing better to do.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.