[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good movies where the protag is a robot or sociopath?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: nc.jpg (241KB, 1000x1392px) Image search: [Google]
nc.jpg
241KB, 1000x1392px
Good movies where the protag is a robot or sociopath?
>>
>>35629993
Bronson

Woah someone has typed this before, HOW ORIGINAL!
>>
>>35629993
Watch that photo movie with Robin williams, ultimate robot he gets obsessed wi th a family he develops photos for and he's just so fucking lonely. Really sad good movie.
>>
>>35630083
seen it, I watched the accountant last night, not too bad.
>>
>>35630116

One Hour Photo

OP, watch Memories of Murder. Not exactly what you're asking after, but I get the feeling you'll really enjoy it. It's based on a true story about Korea's first serial killer, and a couple of the cops behave pretty sociopathically.

Also, now that I think about it, Happiness might fit the bill for you. Dylan Baker plays a remorseful pedophile and Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a robot who calls up random roasties and jerks off on the phone while being sexually aggressive towards them.
>>
>>35629993

Split (2016)

Plot: autistic loner kills two stacies and spares a fembot
>>
>>35629993
are you implying Louis was a robot? I don't think you know what a robot is
>>
>>35630187
>he forces the girls to strip down to their underwear 1/3 of the way into the movie
dat glorious jailbait booty
>>
>>35630126
>I watched the accountant last night
God-tier movie

>Fun fact: the voice on the phone that the protag was talking to was the girl with the laptop with classical autism
Bruh, this movie was deep and wished there was a 2nd movie but
>IRL autists will find this offensive and ask to boycott this
See every tumblr post hating on this movie.
>>
>>35630210

The actresses are all over 18 IRL though
>>
>The Fall

Protag isn't a sociopath, but he is a virgin with oneitis who gets cucked.
>>
>>35630193
Definitely a sociopath though.
>>
>>35629993
Donald Cried

A successful normie returns to his shitty blue collar town and gets trapped into hanging out with a sort of autistic man child named Donald.

So much cringe, so many feels.
>>
THE COMPANY OF MEN

It's a 90s film but it's perfect for robot audiences.
>>
>>35630164
Shit thanks man I thought it was 24 hr photo but I knew I was wrong
>>
There really isn't any movie that portrays a proper robot. It's probably because robots are not very interesting. You often see themes of loneliness and alienation in movies, but the characters always have a quality that redeems them. They are at least somewhat competent, because the normie audience needs to identify with them. Making your main character a true fuckup, an absolute loser, would be a very risky move.
>>
>>35630524
robots aren't sociopathic at all though usually. just emotionally inept. usually they feel in excess, with the exception of the more depressed ones of us who have become completely detached and emotionless. sociopathy is a rare robotic quality.
>>
>>35629993
>inb4 American Psycho
>>
File: lightsaber escalation.webm (1MB, 640x262px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber escalation.webm
1MB, 640x262px
Lars and the Real Girl
The Illusionist
>>
File: maxresdefault_desktop1.png (568B, 46x45px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_desktop1.png
568B, 46x45px
>>35630164
fuck yes, happiness is such a top tier film! thanks for reminding me of that one, i completely forgot about it. recommend this to all robits
>>
>>35630515
Oh fuck someone that is actually aware of a great movie
>>
>>35631448
who isn't aware of the fall in 2017. you'd have to be a huge fucking noob.
>>
>>35630126
>>35630231
>no money for cinema/dvd
where can i watch it in good quality?
>>
natural born killers maybe
>>
Whats the movie that the main character is just absolutely fed up, and then leaves his car on the highway, and takes his anger out of random people that mildly inconvenience him?

I like that one
>>
File: 1488755606022.jpg (103KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488755606022.jpg
103KB, 650x400px
taxi driver was pretty roboto
>>
>>35631795
Falling Down?

I remember it being pretty fun.
>>
>>35629993
Bubble Boy
>>
>>35629993
Nightcrawler depicts a psychopath, not a sociopath. Psychopaths are the ones than can control themselves enough to avoid violent outbursts.
>>
>>35629993
American Psycho, of course.
>>
>>35629993
>neither side of the split looks particularly different
Like one's in the dark and the other's in the light, but I don't get it.
>>
File: relatable.gif (2MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
relatable.gif
2MB, 500x210px
>>35632022
damn, that explains my unnatural fixation on Nightcrawler then.
I empathize with Louis, because he gets it. he understands how to exploit weakness. I don't see that as being necessarily psychopathic.
if there were a sequel I could imagine him resting on his laurels, counting his coin as a successful CEO- who did what he had to do.
>>
>>35632022
regardless, he's a robot though
>>
I've watched this movie probably 15 times and it's one of my favs although I wouldn't tell anyone

Lou Bloom is my idol
>>
Tucker and dale vs evil
your darn tootin uee-hva
>>
>>35632022
i'm more of a violent outbursts myself one moment i'm fine the next moment i'm yelling at a service worker and banned. just how it goes when you have a short fuse. so are people with sever anger problems sociopaths? or is that different? idk ive always jsut had a short fuse and get pissed off damn easily.
>>
>>35632667
Agreed, fell in love with that movie and watched it like 50 times and tried to act like he did in the movie. Everyone thought I was autistic or something
>>
the comedy
heidecker plays a wealthy manchild who uses irony to drown out all of his feelings. him and his friends piss people off and try to find ways to waste their time.
heidecker's character would probably be a robot if he weren't wealthy.
>>
>>35629993
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

>>35630116
>ultimate robot
>has a job
>>
>>35633125
You weren't something.
>>
File: patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg (216KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg
216KB, 590x322px
>tfw its impossible to discuss this film on /tv/
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.