[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is group therapy for normies only?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: fightclub.jpg (171KB, 1000x415px) Image search: [Google]
fightclub.jpg
171KB, 1000x415px
>have a panic attack or something earlier this morning
>go to hospital
>tell psych that I'm alone and shit, walls are closing in, can't take it anymore
>she keeps recommending group therapy and group events
>groups, groups, groups
>tell her that I don't work well in groups and they have always failed me
>she replies "You're putting up alot of barriers. You want social interaction but don't want to be in groups!"
>I tell her that I would prefer one on one interaction with a social worker and I tell her why groups don't work (because they're cliquey and filled with people who have been there for years)
>She replies "Well, from what I've seen of groups, they're not always like that"
>She lets me go home and says she'll check in on me by phone later this week
>For some reason my dad told my sister that I went to the hospital
>Older sister calls me up and sends me a bunch of links to Group therapy sessions
>Starts calling me "champ" says cliche shit like "There is light at the end of the tunnel", even prays for me

Seriously, what is with normies and groups? Is it just the cheapest way of dealing with the huge problem of mental illness by herding them together in a room and forcing them to talk or face awkward social stratification?
>>
>>35626612
Yeah group therapy is a disaster.

I was also forced to ones and everyone just bragged about themselves and how they're better than everyone
>>
>>35626612
>even prays for me
This does nothing, but to her it's the best possible thing she can do to help you. She clearly cares deeply about you.
Get whatever help you need. If not for yourself, then for her.
>>
group therapy gives you a sense of belonging, which is usually something that helps the mentally distressed a lot.

i always thought it would be funny though if everyone in one of those group therapy things were on the same page and just cracked jokes with each other about killing themselves the whole time
>>
It's because you need to put your feelings into action and not be afraid. Group therapy isn't perfect, but it'll give you the chance to know that you aren't alone in your feelings OP, and that you can improve.
>>
>>35626851
Group therapy is mostly there to remind people their situation isn't the worst
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.